Windows 10: When I play Steam games, they stutter and frames drop

Discus and support When I play Steam games, they stutter and frames drop in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Howdy. Recently my computer has been making my games stutter and lag. This never been a problem as I have 16 GB of RAM and Radeon r9 200 with an AMD 8... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by NussOkeh, Dec 29, 2015.

1. NussOkeh Win User

When I play Steam games, they stutter and frames drop

Howdy. Recently my computer has been making my games stutter and lag. This never been a problem as I have 16 GB of RAM and Radeon r9 200 with an AMD 8 core processor. What can I do to fix this inconvenience? I already uninstalled my GPU driver with DDU and reinstalled them. Nothing happened. I noticed this issue the most in Xcom and Bioshock: Infinite

I look forward to the response

:)

NussOkeh, Dec 29, 2015

2. Gaming FPS Drop/Stutter after recent Windows 10 update.

After this new years update, I noticed that my games have been getting frame drops and stuttering. I have a NVIDIA GEforce 1070 and I was able to run games such as CS:GO or League of Legends smoothly before the new year. However, after the recent Windows
    10 update, my computer can't handle the games well. For example, League of Legends ran at 144 fps (I capped it there) and constantly ran at 144 fps before the new year. However, after the new year update, my League fails to consistently run 144 fps, drops
    down to even 90 sometimes, and there is a lot of frame stuttering that is inhibiting my ability to play the game. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

PenguinYuki, Dec 29, 2015
  3. FPS Drop/Stutter After Most Recent Windows Update

After this new years update, I noticed that my games have been getting frame drops and stuttering. I have an Acer Spin 3 with 12GB of ram and an Intel i7 6500U with Intel HD 520 graphics and I was able to run Minecraft
    smoothly before the update. However, after the recent Windows 10 update, my computer can't handle the games well. Minecraft ran at anywhere from 70-120 and rarely dipped below 60. However, after the update Minecraft fails to run above 60 anddrops
    down to 10 often, and there is a lot of frame stuttering that is inhibiting my ability to play the game. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

anonymoose12, Dec 29, 2015
  4. When I play Steam games, they stutter and frames drop

-Stuttering or slowing during gaming usually occur for me when a background Windows process is using one or more resources that my foreground application requires. I have been able to alt-tab out of what I'm doing, take a look at Task Manager: Performance, sometimes more deeply at System Resources(Task Manager) and find some process utilizing too much memory or hard-drive time.
    -Good luck.

DaveGrant01, Dec 31, 2015
Thema:

When I play Steam games, they stutter and frames drop

1. When I play Steam games, they stutter and frames drop - Similar Threads - play Steam games

2. Frame Drops after not playing for a while

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frame Drops after not playing for a while: So basically when I play a game the first time it has massive frame drops but I always thought that was completely normal and I still think it is but if someone knows better then correct me but when i stop playing that game for a while and decide to start it up again a few...
  3. Frame Drops after not playing for a while

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frame Drops after not playing for a while: So basically when I play a game the first time it has massive frame drops but I always thought that was completely normal and I still think it is but if someone knows better then correct me but when i stop playing that game for a while and decide to start it up again a few...
  4. Game frame drop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game frame drop: When I play a game for 20 minutes or less, my frame rate drops to 1-10 fps and I have to restart the game. I'm not sure what's causing this counter strike global offensive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-frame-drop/d4e6df39-44d2-41f7-9fc8-9b415dc9cc19
  5. Game frame drop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game frame drop: When I play a game for 20 minutes or less, my frame rate drops to 1-10 fps and I have to restart the game. I'm not sure what's causing this counter strike global offensive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-frame-drop/d4e6df39-44d2-41f7-9fc8-9b415dc9cc19
  6. Game frames and audio in game stutter

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Game frames and audio in game stutter: Recently did a fresh reset of windows several times and once from my recovery usb now my games audio will stutter which causes the games frames to stutter. This is not a hardware issue as the games themself don't consume much resources. Neither is this a driver version issue....
  7. Frame drops and stuttering all over

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Frame drops and stuttering all over: Should I return the card? https://imgur.com/gallery/PJ5CMee PCPartPicker Part List Type Item Price CPU AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor $199.99 @ Amazon Motherboard *ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 ATX AM4 Motherboard $114.99 @ Newegg Memory G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB...
  8. Frame drops in games?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frame drops in games?: Hello but i have the problem that i have frame drops from 100fps to 40fps, it goes from 100fps to 40fps for about 10 seconds, and it takes that long to load, and i know it has something to do with HDD and SSD, but i didn't have those frame drops in games before, and now...
  9. Frame drops and stutters while laptop is plugged in

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Frame drops and stutters while laptop is plugged in: Hi guys, I have been facing a weird issue lately. Not sure it is a hardware (adapter) problem or something with windows. I am also not sure when it started (probably sometime in the last three months). I have an ASUS ROG G551JX laptop: Nvidia GTX 950M, i7 4720HQ, 16GB RAM,...
  10. Fps Stuttering/Frame Skipping in Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fps Stuttering/Frame Skipping in Games: HELLO I've been getting the fps stuttering/frame skipping in all the games I play Rainbow Siege Siege, Apex Legends, CSGO, PUBG. I get just a bit over 60 fps in all those games but the stuttering and frame skipping makes it feel like I'm getting 20. I get about 60-75...