Windows 10: When I plug in a Headphone in my laptop, the voices of whatever video I’m streaming sound...

Discus and support When I plug in a Headphone in my laptop, the voices of whatever video I’m streaming sound... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a Dell laptop with Windows 10. A few days ago, out of the blue, for some reason the volume of the voice of any video from any site (Netflix,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DaHomieNelson92, Sep 20, 2020.

1. When I plug in a Headphone in my laptop, the voices of whatever video I’m streaming sound...

I have a Dell laptop with Windows 10. A few days ago, out of the blue, for some reason the volume of the voice of any video from any site (Netflix, YouTube, etc.) sound low, almost muffled. While any other noise sounds at the intended volume.

I can raise the volume to hear the speech, but then the other sounds like music, sound effects, are way too loud.

I first checked if it was my headphones, I connected them to another device and they work as normal. I double checked and took my gaming headset and plugged it into my laptop, the problem still persists. So it seems the problem is my laptop, not my headphones.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling my Realtek drivers, updated my sound drivers, tweaked my volume settings and nothing has solved my problem.

Any suggestions?

submitted by /u/DaHomieNelson92
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DaHomieNelson92, Sep 20, 2020

2. Sound problems when plugging in headphones

Since buying a new laptop and updating to windows 10 I have had a problem with the sound, the problem being that when I plug in a set of headphones I manually have to go on playback devices to set my headphones as default and also on the volume mixer to select my headphones on the drop down arrow or else the sound will keep coming out of my speakers. Basically it is not doing anything automatically, so everytime I plug in headphones, or connect to the tv I have to change everything manually, and do the same thing when disconnecting or else there will be no sound atall.

I did read on the internet that by plugging in my headphones and then making them my default sounds device would work because it is supposed to automatically change when they are unplugged but unfortunately this is not the case for me. Also I am curious as to why even when I don't have my headphones plugged in, they are still listed under playback, but it does not say they are unplugged. I would appreciate anybody who can help me with this problem because I have run out of ideas.

Many thanks in advance

flyingdragon91, Sep 20, 2020
  3. txstoby Win User
    Speakers playing when headphones are plugged in

I have an HP laptop with windows 10. When my headphones are plugged in, the speakers are still playing. When I go to sounds, the only device listed is the speakers. How can I silence the speakers when the headphones are plugged in.

txstoby, Sep 20, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

When I plug in a Headphone in my laptop, the voices of whatever video I’m streaming sound...

Streaming video, sound adjust automatically

Hi Dannowa12,

Corrupted or outdated drivers may be the possible reason why the sound adjusted automatically. To efficiently assist you, kindly answer the following questions below:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Does this happen only when streaming videos?

In the meantime, I suggest you follow these methods to troubleshoot your laptop:

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • Change View by from Category to Small Icons/Large Icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Select Hardware and Devices and follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2: I suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot sound problems.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Sep 20, 2020
Thema:

When I plug in a Headphone in my laptop, the voices of whatever video I’m streaming sound...

1. When I plug in a Headphone in my laptop, the voices of whatever video I’m streaming sound... - Similar Threads - plug Headphone laptop

2. How do I switch between if i’m using my headphones or my microphone when I plug it into the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I switch between if i’m using my headphones or my microphone when I plug it into the...: I used to be able to switch between which input I put in my headphone jack. It used to pop up where I could choose if i’m using my microphone or my headphones. Now I cannot pick between which one I inserted and i’m very confused on how to get it back....
  3. When i plug my headphones in my pc there is a buzzing noise and no sound.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When i plug my headphones in my pc there is a buzzing noise and no sound.: The buzzing noise seems to change when i move my mouse and click on things but it is still there.The buzzing sound gets lower only if i lower the volume only from my headset....
  4. When i plug my headphones in my pc there is a buzzing noise and no sound.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When i plug my headphones in my pc there is a buzzing noise and no sound.: The buzzing noise seems to change when i move my mouse and click on things but it is still there.The buzzing sound gets lower only if i lower the volume only from my headset....
  5. When i plug my headphones in my pc there is a buzzing noise and no sound.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Headphone jack makes unbearable static sound when I plug headphones in

Headphone jack makes unbearable static sound when I plug headphones in: I have had a brand new a Dell Inspiron 5406 2in1 for a few weeks now, and whenever I plug headphones into the headphone jack, it makes a static sound that replaces any audio that I am meant to be listening to. This issue is not with the headphones as I have tried multiple...
  7. Laptop not switching to headphones when I plug them in

Laptop not switching to headphones when I plug them in: Recently I've had an issue with my laptop where if I plug in headphones (ANY headphones) it will continue to play sound through my laptop's speakers. If I reinstall my audio driver with my headphones plugged in, however, the sound will play through my headphones until they...
  8. no sound when I plug in my headphones

in Windows 10 Customization
    no sound when I plug in my headphones: When I plug in my headphones, windows turns the sound down to zero. I am on a windows 10 desktop computer that is a few months old. Today is the first time I've tried to use my old headphones. Following advice online I went to SOUND - COMMUNICATIONS and set it to NOTHING,...
  9. pop sound in the headphones when I pause a video

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pop sound in the headphones when I pause a video: I hear a pop sound in the right headphone when pausing a video. This issue is occurring in the following way: I pause a video, a minute later I hear this annoying sound, I start the video again, and hear this sound again. I tried to update the drivers from Realtek and it...
  10. Sound problems when plugging in headphones

Sound problems when plugging in headphones: Since buying a new laptop and updating to windows 10 I have had a problem with the sound, the problem being that when I plug in a set of headphones I manually have to go on playback devices to set my headphones as default and also on the volume mixer to select my headphones...