Windows 10: When I plug in my computer everything is slow but the battery charging

Discus and support When I plug in my computer everything is slow but the battery charging in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; the battery is charging fine but searching and playing on it while its charging is slow.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ♥ItzAlli♥, Oct 16, 2018.

1. When I plug in my computer everything is slow but the battery charging

the battery is charging fine but searching and playing on it while its charging is slow.

:)

♥ItzAlli♥, Oct 16, 2018
  2. curt jugg Win User

New battery not charging

I have an Acer Aspire V3-771 laptop (which is three and a half years old) with its original battery. As the battery is not holding the charge for as long as it used to I decided to replace it. I inserted he new battery, which already showed a charge of 60%, and let it run down to the point when the laptop turned itself off. However, when I tried to recharge the battery, the battery icon showed "6% available, plugged in, not charging". I contacted the supplier of the battery and they sent me a new one. This showed an initial charge of 93% so, in view of my problem with the previous battery, I decided to try and charge it up to full capacity before letting it run down. But as soon as I tried this the battery icon showed "93% available, plugged in, not charging". So I unplugged the charger and again let the battery run down until the computer turned itself off. I plugged the charger in again but then got "6% available, plugged in, not charging". I have no problem charging the old battery, so can anyone please suggest what the problem might be? I have tried taking out the battery and unplugging the charger and holding down the power button for 30 seconds, but this hasn't worked. Grateful for any advice.

curt jugg, Oct 16, 2018
  3. Battery: plugged in, not charging

I have Lenovo Thinkpad T440p. I am having the same issue. Then i followed the steps that you said as wel as the step the following video.
    . . After i shut down the laptop, I put back the battery, I tried powering on, but the Laptop did not start. Then i left the computer connected to plug in
    leaving the battery inside. Then after sometime when I tried switching on, it worked. The sign showed the battery is connected and taking charge as well. After sometime, The battery stopped charging and the computer stopped detecting the plug in. Please help!

Fahad Alam, Oct 16, 2018
  4. Zeeba# Win User

When I plug in my computer everything is slow but the battery charging

0% availability (plugged in, charging)

If the battery is old it might have run its course but if that's not the can do the following to check what the problem

Computer laptop that is plugged in but not charging

• Shutdown the laptop
    • Remove the battery ( note some batteries cannot easily be removed you may need to consult your laptop manual on how to remove them)
    • Clean the battery and terminals with a dry clean cloth
    • Put the battery back
    • Turn on the laptop
    • If it still say plugged in but not charging dont panick continue to follow more steps below
    Reinstall Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery.

This is the software that control battery settings power mode and so on

This article describes the steps in detail
    http://accatech.com/dell-laptop-plugged-in-but-not-charging-fix/

Zeeba#, Oct 16, 2018
Thema:

When I plug in my computer everything is slow but the battery charging

1. When I plug in my computer everything is slow but the battery charging - Similar Threads - plug computer everything

2. How to control battery charging when computer is plugged-in?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to control battery charging when computer is plugged-in?: This just happened to me: I'm an "office laptop user". I always use my laptop in the office, and I've been using for the last 2 years. I work with my laptop plugged in. I've used my battery very rarely, maybe 4-5 days in the last 2 years. The battery has always been...
  3. my battery is not charging when plugged in.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    my battery is not charging when plugged in.: My battery is not charging when plugged in. I have an Dell Inspiron R17 N7010, with Windows 10. It runs OK when plugged in, but does not charge the battery....
  4. Flashing battery icon, not charging when plugged in, slow computer

Flashing battery icon, not charging when plugged in, slow computer: I have an Acer Aspire 5, and it recently began running very slowly. No internet issues, installed Windows update, cleaned up browser, cookies, start up apps, ran diagnostics, etc. I then called Acer support and they recommended doing a system reset. I did that - twice,...
  5. Battery will not charge when plugged in

Battery will not charge when plugged in: My Lenovo ideapad 120S will not charge when plugged in. It is a brand new computer and I think it may be stuck in shipping mode. I have unplugged it held the power button 90 seconds and still will not work. I have also pressed the reset button and that didn't fix it. Does...
  6. Battery not charging. Plugged in, not charging

Battery not charging. Plugged in, not charging: Hello, I am using HP pavilion 360 , it has been months since the message is reading "plugged in, not charging" and now the percentage has decreased to 75%. I have tried to reinstall Microsoft ACPI- Complaint Control Method Battery but it didn't work. Now what should I do?...
  7. battery does not charge when plugged in

battery does not charge when plugged in: how do I fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-does-not-charge-when-plugged-in/5ebd85e4-e45f-4271-b9c8-5dc1eeb9e804
  8. Battery plugged in, not charging

Battery plugged in, not charging: I have my USB-C charging cable plugged into the charging port of my laptop. However, the batter icon on my bottom right says (when I moused over it) "5% available (plugged in, not charging). Can't solve this issue. Anyone with solution ? I am on Window 10 Pro, ThinkPad X1...
  9. My Computer is Plugged in but my Battery is not Charging.

My Computer is Plugged in but my Battery is not Charging.: Hello, I have Windows 10 Pro, and for the past two days, all of a sudden, I've noticed that my battery is not charging even though it's been plugged in. I restarted the computer a few times, shut it off, unplugged it, but still the problem exists. I've noticed there've...
  10. Battery not charging, even when plugged in.

Battery not charging, even when plugged in.: Hi! My HP laptop for the last two years won't charge. Originally I thought it was a simply faulty power cord. But after switching it out, my computer would still be plugged in, start charging, and then stop suddenly, only to start up again at a random time. I removed my...