Windows 10: When I power on HP laptop, the screen is lit black!

Discus and support When I power on HP laptop, the screen is lit black! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So this started when my whole windows froze I couldn’t do anything but power off. i power on no hp logo nothing just black lit screen. I tried taking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by aidansmith4, Aug 6, 2019.

1. When I power on HP laptop, the screen is lit black!

So this started when my whole windows froze I couldn’t do anything but power off. i power on no hp logo nothing just black lit screen. I tried taking battery out and unplugging everything. I tested to see if responsive and caps lock key will no light up. I did F8 when turning it on, and 14 other methods that just don’t work!

:)

aidansmith4, Aug 6, 2019
  2. moejoe Win User

HP laptop pavillion dvd4 1140/Blackscreen

The laptop has been dropped about a foot to floor, starts and gives you a black screen with the power panel lit-up no change using an external monitor removed cover and everything appears to be in tac. Please try and make a suggestion?? Thanks!

moejoe, Aug 6, 2019
  3. AndreTen Win User
    HP Laptop Black Screen on boot

You have probably checked HP's documents on this issue? If not, try Step 3 here: hp support document/c03518165

AndreTen, Aug 6, 2019
  4. Roohi_Taj Win User

When I power on HP laptop, the screen is lit black!

My hp laptop screen goes black randomly

Hi afrozahmed1,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below information:

1. What is the model of HP laptop you are using?
    2. Does the black screen occur while using the PC or while restarting the machine?
    3. Are you aware of any changes happened on the computer prior to the issue?
    4. Which version of Windows you are using? (To check, type:winver in start menu and hit enter.)

I appreciate the time you have taken to resolve this issue. There can be many reasons for booting to a black screen.
    These screens may appear with or without the mouse pointer.
    The main causes are Problems with the driver for your display adapter or incompatible application.

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the article on
    Troubleshoot black screen or blank
    screen errors
    refer the section
    I see a black or blank screen after signing in to Windows 10.

If that doesn’t help, I would also suggest you to go through the article provided by HP on
    Troubleshooting Screen Issues (Windows 10, 8, 7),
    refer the section No image on the screen, or the screen is blank.

Disclaimer: The article include the step of updating BIOS. Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems
    that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Aug 6, 2019
Thema:

When I power on HP laptop, the screen is lit black!

1. When I power on HP laptop, the screen is lit black! - Similar Threads - power laptop screen

2. HP laptop black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP laptop black screen: My HP laptop has a problem, when I turn on the computer, the computer screen remains black but the fan is running. The cap lock button isn’t blinking so it isn’t a bios problem. I tired various solutions on the internet such as turning on the pc while pressing windows and B...
  3. HP laptop black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP laptop black screen: My HP laptop has a problem, when I turn on the computer, the computer screen remains black but the fan is running. The cap lock button isn’t blinking so it isn’t a bios problem. I tired various solutions on the internet such as turning on the pc while pressing windows and B...
  4. Black screen on my Laptop HP

Black screen on my Laptop HP: 1st try "sfc /scannow" it When i run DISM, "Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth" it returns an error:87 the Cleanup-Image I can run "Dism /online /Cleanup-Image /?" After all test done restart laptop it's coming on but screen is blank so help please Thanks...
  5. Random black screen lit monitor can do nothing when NOT gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random black screen lit monitor can do nothing when NOT gaming: Windows 11 4 months16gb ram1050ti geforcei7I am out of my wits end. Imagine while keying in hundreds of numbers and suddenly your computer goes black. Then only thing you can do is using the power off/on button. I'm scared the hardware inside will be damaged with such...
  6. Random black screen lit monitor can do nothing when NOT gaming

Random black screen lit monitor can do nothing when NOT gaming: Windows 11 4 months16gb ram1050ti geforcei7I am out of my wits end. Imagine while keying in hundreds of numbers and suddenly your computer goes black. Then only thing you can do is using the power off/on button. I'm scared the hardware inside will be damaged with such...
  7. HP Laptop Powers On & Screen Goes Black

in Windows 10 Support
    HP Laptop Powers On & Screen Goes Black: A friend of my brother's has asked me to look and see if I can fix his HP Laptop that he just bought at Walmart. He told me over the phone that it will boot up/power up but the screen eventually goes black after it's powered on. I will have the computer on Tuesday. I am...
  8. Windows going to a lit blank/black screen after power on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows going to a lit blank/black screen after power on: Hello, I am having an issue with my laptop, Packard Bell ETV11HC. When I turn it on it goes to a blank blank black screen, when I press ctrl alt del it restarts to the same thing. I'm on dual boot and my Linux is working fine. How do I fix this. The last it worked was today...
  9. Screen barely lit when turned on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen barely lit when turned on: I cant even try the answers given for screen that fades out cos I cant see anything! Any ways of getting around this? This issue got progressively worse, it used to turn off after start up then id click aroudn the screen or turn the monitor on and off and it would be fine,...
  10. Black Screen when power on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen when power on: Laptop screen just goes black while I using it. I switched off and on again, the led lights were on but no display on the screen. I need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-when-power-on/fd508336-6fb7-4730-8f1d-1673ebd848b6