Windows 10: When I power up I now have an extra profile: Administrator. Windows 10

Discus and support When I power up I now have an extra profile: Administrator. Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I previously had two profiles showing on my log-in screen, my wife's and mine. But there is now a third - Administrator. Is there an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Taffy087, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Taffy087 Win User

When I power up I now have an extra profile: Administrator. Windows 10

I previously had two profiles showing on my log-in screen, my wife's and mine. But there is now a third - Administrator.

Is there an article/announcement about this new development please?

:)

Taffy087, Feb 5, 2019

2. How to activate the inactive administrator user profile on Windows 10?

Hello Gimm,

Thank you for replying with the status of the issue.

You may be facing the above issue due to the corrupted user profile on the PC.
    Enable built-in administrator by following the steps below, create a new administrator user profile, transfer all the data from the previous administrative user profile and check if the issue is resolved.

Step 1: Enable built-in administrator account.

• Open elevated command prompt by entering Safe mode with Command prompt.
      To go to safe mode, use the power button on the sign-in screen and press
      Shift + Restart. This will take you to the recovery boot menu. Click
      Troubleshoot> Advanced options> Startup settings.
      You then see a list where you can choose Safe Mode with Command prompt.

• Type the following command: net user administrator /active:yes

• Login into the built in administrator user profile and create a new user profile with administrator privileges.

• Delete the corrupted user account from the built in administrator.

• Then lock your screen by pressing Windows key + L, and sign-in at the
      Administrator account.

• Check if the issue persist and you can disable built in administrator account by typing the command:
      net user administrator /active:no
      in the Command prompt (Admin).

Step 2: To create a new administrative user account follow the steps below:

• Open Elevated command prompt by right clicking on the
      Start icon and select Command prompt (Admin).

• Type net user NewAccount password /add
      and click Enter.

• Type net localgroup Administrators NewAccount /add and click
      Enter.

• Log off from the system and login to the new user account.

Write to us with the status of the issue for further assistance, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Feb 5, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Feb 5, 2019
  4. When I power up I now have an extra profile: Administrator. Windows 10

CCC Profiles that disappear

id suggest a spyware check

eidairaman1, Feb 5, 2019
Thema:

When I power up I now have an extra profile: Administrator. Windows 10

1. When I power up I now have an extra profile: Administrator. Windows 10 - Similar Threads - power extra profile

2. I have an extra user profile that I want to delete, but it's not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have an extra user profile that I want to delete, but it's not working.: I have an extra user profile that I want to delete, but it's not working. It's giving me this error: "Cannot perform this action on built in accounts"....
  3. I have an extra user profile that I want to delete, but it's not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have an extra user profile that I want to delete, but it's not working.: I have an extra user profile that I want to delete, but it's not working. It's giving me this error: "Cannot perform this action on built in accounts"....
  4. ran a command, now I have an extra administrator account that doesn't appear in users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ran a command, now I have an extra administrator account that doesn't appear in users: I ran this command net user Administrator /active:yes for something I can't quite remember and now a new administrator account has popped up. I can't seem to remove it because it doesn't appear in the "other users" section of the settings. What can I do? I tried running net...
  5. ran a command, now I have an extra administrator account that doesn't appear in users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ran a command, now I have an extra administrator account that doesn't appear in users: I ran this command net user Administrator /active:yes for something I can't quite remember and now a new administrator account has popped up. I can't seem to remove it because it doesn't appear in the "other users" section of the settings. What can I do? I tried running net...
  6. ran a command, now I have an extra administrator account that doesn't appear in users

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. how can i delete an extra profile

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    how can i delete an extra profile: I want to Delete an extra profile in Settings, Actually 2 Profiles.How can this be done?I'm using Microsoft Edge as the Primary browser. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-delete-an-extra-profile/76d46e89-eb74-4a57-a2d5-fa3fb2a5ebc7
  8. I have two profiles on boot up

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I have two profiles on boot up: I have ignored this, but it's starting to bug me. I have a default MS profile that I log into, but on startup, there is two profiles. "See images." It wants to log into an account that is nonexistent on my system. I ran netplwiz on my MS profile so I can just boot to the...
  9. So i have some extra power

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    So i have some extra power: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TasibulHassan [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jb5s7h/so_i_have_some_extra_power/
  10. I have an extra account called administrator that I can't find a way to delete.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have an extra account called administrator that I can't find a way to delete.: My main account is an administrator so I've no need for this one, and it's ugly to look at whenever I log in. Looks like this Yet I don't see the account when I go to the account settings in the system settings. I do see it when I go to the User Accounts settings in Control...