Windows 10: When I power up my computer it goes to password then requests select administrator. I can't...

Discus and support When I power up my computer it goes to password then requests select administrator. I can't... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I can not get acces to windows . When the computer powers on it is requestng user administrator . I can't find the correct information.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JimGilbert, May 23, 2024.

1. When I power up my computer it goes to password then requests select administrator. I can't...

I can not get acces to windows . When the computer powers on it is requestng user administrator . I can't find the correct information.

:)

JimGilbert, May 23, 2024
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

windows request every time administrator user name and password

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To be able to assist you in a better way, please reply with the below requested details:

• Are you logged in as an Administrator?
    • How many user accounts are there in the computer?
    • Were you using a local account or a Microsoft account?
    • Since when are you facing this issue?

Ideally, you will be asked for an admin password or username only when you are logged in as a standard user. I would suggest you to follow the steps to check the account type you are logged in to:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type control and click on
      OK
    3. Select Large icons from the drop down for
      View by.
    4. Click on User Accounts.
    5. You will see the user account name and the account type.

Deleting an administrator account through a standard user account is not possible, there must be more than 1 administrator account on the computer to delete an account.

However, if you have not made any changes in the user account folder of the profile and if you have a system restore point, you can try to perform a System Restore from Windows Recovery Environment. Follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Follow the steps from the article
      How to create Windows 10 installation DVD/USB flash drive Step-by-Step Guide
      to create installation media.
    2. Boot the computer using the bootable USB, select the
      Language and click on Next.
    3. On the Install now screen, select
      Repair your computer.
    4. Select Troubleshoot >> Advanced options >> System Restore.
    5. Select Windows 10 to continue.
    6. On the System Restore page select
      Next.
    7. Select the point (date and time) before the admin account was deleted, and click
      Next.
    8. Click on Finish and click on
      Yes
      . Wait for the System Restore process to complete.

Let us know the results, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 23, 2024
  3. colnago Win User
    Win 10 Constantly Requesting Password After Entering Sleep Mode

Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone has any idea on how to stop Win 10 requesting password after going into sleep mode. What I have tried netplwiz and unchecked box and also a Microsoft Rep suggested to access user accounts through cmd which I did and that helped a little to where computer needs to enter sleep mode to request password where as before when screen just shut off to save power and hitting power button before sleep activated password request happened. The device is a Surface 3 with Win 10 from 8.1 where 8.1 never had this issue. Also, I think is weird, when sign in comes up it says switch user in bottom left but computer only has one user that I can verify through control panel and cmd using net users. So issue is tablet goes into sleep mode will request password but instead of entering password you can hit power button and select restart then Win 10 signs right in, weird. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

colnago, May 23, 2024
  4. When I power up my computer it goes to password then requests select administrator. I can't...

Win10 lost UAC (administrator)password

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you forgot the administrator account password and you are unable to login. We will help you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to log in to built in administrator account and create a new administrator account.

Please try the steps given below and check if it helps.

Step 1:

• From the Lock screen, click on
      Power
      button.

• Press and hold the Shift key from the Keyboard and Click on
      Restart and try to enter the Safe mode.
    Kindly try to start your computer in Safe mode from the Windows Recovery Environment. Follow the below step.

Step 2:

• After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot
      > Advanced options > Startup Settings >Restart.
    • After your PC restarts, select a startup setting as Safe Mode by pressing the corresponding number.
    Once you have entered into the Safe mode then, open Command Prompt and enable Built in Administrator.

Step 3:

Follow the below steps to enable Built in Administrator:

• Open Command Prompt from
      Windows Recovery Environment

• Copy and paste the below command and press Enter.
    net user administrator /active:yes

• Close the Command Prompt.

• Try to login though Built in Administrator and change the earlier password or you can create new user account.
    Refer the below link to create the new Local user account.

Create a local user account in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-my/windows-10/create-a-local-user-account-in-windows-10

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, May 23, 2024
Thema:

When I power up my computer it goes to password then requests select administrator. I can't...

1. When I power up my computer it goes to password then requests select administrator. I can't... - Similar Threads - power computer goes

2. When I power up my computer it goes to password then requests select administrator. I can't...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    When I power up my computer it goes to password then requests select administrator. I can't...: I can not get acces to windows . When the computer powers on it is requestng user administrator . I can't find the correct information. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-power-up-my-computer-it-goes-to-password/c7caf1e3-b721-4524-aabf-c4494204afb0
  3. When I power up my computer it goes to password then requests select administrator. I can't...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I power up my computer it goes to password then requests select administrator. I can't...: I can not get acces to windows . When the computer powers on it is requestng user administrator . I can't find the correct information. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-power-up-my-computer-it-goes-to-password/c7caf1e3-b721-4524-aabf-c4494204afb0
  4. Computer powers off when selecting sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer powers off when selecting sleep: Been experiencing issues where my desktop just shuts off when going into sleep mode. It happens whether I let the machine idle or even when I manually select sleep from the windows start menu. It seems like it completes the sleep prep process but then after a few seconds...
  5. Computer powers off when selecting sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer powers off when selecting sleep: Been experiencing issues where my desktop just shuts off when going into sleep mode. It happens whether I let the machine idle or even when I manually select sleep from the windows start menu. It seems like it completes the sleep prep process but then after a few seconds...
  6. Computer powers off when selecting sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  7. When i power on my hp pc, this show me to enter administrator or power on password.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    When i power on my hp pc, this show me to enter administrator or power on password.: I cannot type my powero password. I type my password but this is not showing on screen and pc also not starts. I restart it many times. Please solve this problem....
  8. When I select shutdown, my computer hibernates.

in Windows 10 Customization
    When I select shutdown, my computer hibernates.: When I turn on my computer after shutdown, everything is as it was before. How do i stop this? I have used these commands: powercfg.exe /hibernate off powercfg -h off...
  9. Power up into Administrator; do not know Administrator password

Power up into Administrator; do not know Administrator password: Power up into Administrator; do not know Administrator password How do I get in and then how do I change that password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-up-into-administrator-do-not-know/58252675-f9ab-440f-8a56-91339c6d05dd
  10. I can't sign in with my administrator password

I can't sign in with my administrator password: So whenever the administrator thing pops up where you have to put in the password and stuff it just says no and nothing else, if you could help me solve this problem it would be greatly appreciated. also this problem happens on all accounts. [IMG]...