Windows 10: When i press a key, and press the second key while holding down the first key, the second...

Discus and support When i press a key, and press the second key while holding down the first key, the second... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; when i press the left arrow key, and when i press up arrow key while holding left, the up arrow doesnt work same happens with "W", "E" and "'" and ";"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SAHAJBHATT, Aug 31, 2020.

1. When i press a key, and press the second key while holding down the first key, the second...

when i press the left arrow key, and when i press up arrow key while holding left, the up arrow doesnt work

same happens with "W", "E" and "'" and ";"

i am a gamer and i cant play many games because of this issue

i dont have an idea that its technical or hardware issue

should i change my keyboard?

or it can be fixed

:)

SAHAJBHATT, Aug 31, 2020
  2. jerbil Win User

Double quotes key requires second key press.

Thanks but the list is so confusing (it only shows non-shifted and none of the formats match (my) actual keyboard physically) and I am not sure if it is a selected Language or keyboard issue. I have now gone with English (United States) w/ UK Extended keyboard and English (United Kingdom) w/United Kingdom Keyboard, apart from five Bulgarian w/various keyboard options. The upshot is that using my Win+shift method of switching, I can never get the double quote back where it appears on the keyboard (it is always swapped with the @) which, in a sense, is fine because I never have to press a second key to get it to display and, as I used to have a 50/50 chance of hitting the correct key (" or @) , so long as I remember they are swapped, I can get it right 100% of the time.

jerbil, Aug 31, 2020
  3. manofthem Win User
    Booting without press any key

@dhievm go ahead and list the model number that gives exact specs/info.

Does it stop right at the Toshiba logo and sit there? Will it sit forever til you press a key, or will it eventually work after so long?

manofthem, Aug 31, 2020
  4. JoJora Win User

When i press a key, and press the second key while holding down the first key, the second...

Double quotes key requires second key press.

I assume it's because you chose "english international"
    I had the same problem - when pressing the quote key, i had to press it again in order to get the double quote.
    the solution for me was:
    Control Panel -> Language ->for the English button choose 'options' (on the right) -> remove input method called 'english international' (and make sure you stay with the US option).

JoJora, Aug 31, 2020
Thema:

When i press a key, and press the second key while holding down the first key, the second...

1. When i press a key, and press the second key while holding down the first key, the second... - Similar Threads - press key press

2. W key stuck down after i press it for 2.5 seconds not physically

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    W key stuck down after i press it for 2.5 seconds not physically: Hi, there's a problem with my W key on my keyboard, it seems to virtually stick down for 2.5/10 seconds, my keyboard isn't the problem, as I tested my laptop keyboard and there's still that same problem, and also switched my keyboard out for a newer one, same.The computer I'm...
  3. W key stuck down after i press it for 2.5 seconds not physically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W key stuck down after i press it for 2.5 seconds not physically: Hi, there's a problem with my W key on my keyboard, it seems to virtually stick down for 2.5/10 seconds, my keyboard isn't the problem, as I tested my laptop keyboard and there's still that same problem, and also switched my keyboard out for a newer one, same.The computer I'm...
  4. W key stuck down after i press it for 2.5 seconds not physically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. keys not pressing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keys not pressing: when i hold down a key nearby keys will not press and make a beeping sound i find this feature annoying and useless how do i disable it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keys-not-pressing/1e13ec30-3a02-4232-a76c-8fd0a9f3e46c
  6. keys not pressing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keys not pressing: when i hold down a key nearby keys will not press and make a beeping sound i find this feature annoying and useless how do i disable it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keys-not-pressing/1e13ec30-3a02-4232-a76c-8fd0a9f3e46c
  7. keys not pressing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. To skip disk checking, press any key in # seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    To skip disk checking, press any key in # seconds: I have been getting this on every start up. It checks my C drive which is an SSD. I let it run the check multiple times but it runs a few seconds and i get to log in screen. Also, checking disk and repair from properties>Tools>ErrorChecking says it found errors, but the...
  9. Keyboard holding down keys (not physically) when I hold down the key for a several seconds.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard holding down keys (not physically) when I hold down the key for a several seconds.: For the past couple of months, as described in the title, I have been getting an issue on my Laptop with my keyboard that holds down a key (not physically) after I have held it down for several seconds. I first noticed this when I was playing Minecraft where after holding...
  10. Double quotes key requires second key press.

in Windows 10 Support
    Double quotes key requires second key press.: I have four systems, each with a regular+cyrillic keyboard and have been using them for years with Windows 7 & 8.1, switching between the two formats, without a problem. As an aside, a couple of the systems, having bought them in Bulgaria, have non-English messages but the...