Windows 10: when i press alt+f4 button it hasn't show shutdown and other options

Discus and support when i press alt+f4 button it hasn't show shutdown and other options in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; in the same way when I tap the windows start power then it hasn't show shutdown,restart and sleep what is the problem kindly explain that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by amaranaik, Jan 28, 2019.

1. amaranaik Win User

when i press alt+f4 button it hasn't show shutdown and other options

in the same way when I tap the windows start power then it hasn't show shutdown,restart and sleep what is the problem kindly explain that

:)

amaranaik, Jan 28, 2019

2. Taskbar in windows 10 hangs on pressing alt f4

I have always been using the shortcut alt+f4 to shutdown the computer. but from few days this shortcut is no longer working on my pc although it perfectly works while closing any window or app. but when i press the shortcut on the desktop the shutdown
    or restart options do not show up instead it hangs for sometime, in fact the taskbar becomes unresponsive. the same thing happens at the startup also. it takes too much of time to be finally able to work with the taskbar. i am using windows 10 home on my dell
    inspiron laptop. also when i check from the taskmanager it shows 100% disk usage with the winodws explorer taking much of it. can anyone suggest something on this?

HimanshuGogoi, Jan 28, 2019
  3. sahood. Win User
    alt f4 not working in windows 10

Its a common Problem. Please press ALT+Fn button together then F4 it will work.

sahood., Jan 28, 2019
  4. when i press alt+f4 button it hasn't show shutdown and other options

Alt+F4 not working on shutdown and power options on start doesnt contain shutdown and restart

this operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer please contact your system administrator

Sir, this error happens when i try to shut down my system using 'Alt+F4' .

Moreover, i cant find shutdown , restart options in"start->power".

Im using windows 10, kindly pls help me,.

ArshathMohammed, Jan 28, 2019
Thema:

when i press alt+f4 button it hasn't show shutdown and other options

1. when i press alt+f4 button it hasn't show shutdown and other options - Similar Threads - press alt+f4 button

2. f4 key is getting pressed when im pressing other keys.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    f4 key is getting pressed when im pressing other keys.: When I am pressing keys like G, H, backspace, escape, F7, F11, *, ', numpad 8.... F4 key is getting pressed. Which is causing lot of issues while typing and using file explorer. Whenever i press the mentioned keys address bar of file explorer or any browser is opening itself...
  3. f4 key is getting pressed when im pressing other keys.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    f4 key is getting pressed when im pressing other keys.: When I am pressing keys like G, H, backspace, escape, F7, F11, *, ', numpad 8.... F4 key is getting pressed. Which is causing lot of issues while typing and using file explorer. Whenever i press the mentioned keys address bar of file explorer or any browser is opening itself...
  4. Alt+F4 function happens by only pressing F4

in Windows 10 Customization
    Alt+F4 function happens by only pressing F4: I'm currently on windows 10 and whenever i press f4 it closes down the program i'm using. i don't think my alt key is stuck because it functions normally otherwise. i think it has something to do with my system or my settings but i don't know where to start. also i'm not sure...
  5. Alt+F4 function happens by only pressing F4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt+F4 function happens by only pressing F4: I'm currently on windows 10 and whenever i press f4 it closes down the program i'm using. i don't think my alt key is stuck because it functions normally otherwise. i think it has something to do with my system or my settings but i don't know where to start. also i'm not sure...
  6. Alt+F4 function happens by only pressing F4

7. my power option now not showing and alt + f4 is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my power option now not showing and alt + f4 is not working: my power option now showing and alt + f4 is not workingits saying this operation is now restricted https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-power-option-now-not-showing-and-alt-f4-is-not/9e40b04d-1e3f-4ae8-a47b-aa9ec3411344
  8. my power option now not showing and alt + f4 is not working

my power option now not showing and alt + f4 is not working: my power option now showing and alt + f4 is not workingits saying this operation is now restricted https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-power-option-now-not-showing-and-alt-f4-is-not/9e40b04d-1e3f-4ae8-a47b-aa9ec3411344
  9. Power Button and Alt f4 issue - "There are currently no options available"

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power Button and Alt f4 issue - "There are currently no options available": My Pc is connected to a private network and this problem started only after I installed SAFE EXAM BROWSER http://safeexambrowser.org/download_en.html on my PC . Upon installing the task manager got disabled and I could no longer shut down the computer in normal mode. I had to...
  10. How to customize the ALT+F4 shutdown menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to customize the ALT+F4 shutdown menu?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TooLazyToBeLazy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/md325d/how_to_customize_the_altf4_shutdown_menu/

Users found this page by searching for:

1. What happens if I press F 4 on an open window 2020