Windows 10: when i press / on numpad it writes /+ how do i stop that?

Discus and support when i press / on numpad it writes /+ how do i stop that? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi for some reason when i press the / on the numpad instead of writing only / the pc writes /+ or if i press 8 the pc writes 89 why is that? how do i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by technologicalpixel, Oct 14, 2022.

1. when i press / on numpad it writes /+ how do i stop that?

Hi for some reason when i press the / on the numpad instead of writing only / the pc writes /+ or if i press 8 the pc writes 89 why is that? how do i stop it?

:)

technologicalpixel, Oct 14, 2022

2. Since update numpad doesn't work properly anymore

Good evening,

On a HP Pavilion dv7 laptop, since a Windows10 update two days ago (version 1511, OS 10586.104), my numpad has gone nuts.

For example :

• key 2 writes 72, locks caps and opens a Bing search for "help with windows 10"
    • key 3 writes *3wc
    • key / writes /4 and triggers a menu for alternative screens
    • etc...
    Here is what I already attempted :

• uninstall and reinstall keyboard
    • add an alternative language keyboard
    • check "ease of access" options
    • try the numpad in the BIOS : it works fine
    • try the numpad in safe mode, now read this : it worked fine ! I restarted in normal mode and the keyboard worked fine also for a minute or so. Then it went crazy again. Now it doesn't work in safe mode anymore.
    Any suggestion welcome,

Thank you for your help

Lambda_993, Oct 14, 2022
  3. marcwilson, Oct 14, 2022
  4. scooptity Win User

when i press / on numpad it writes /+ how do i stop that?

A Numpad and Numkey Suggestion

Ok so I own a laptop and I like to sit down on my bed while I put my mouse pad and mouse on the keypad/numpad area because its comfortable but the actual keys on the numpad and the numpad itself is incredibly annoying when I'm watching YouTube or doing or
    things like that and resting my hand and mouse on there make it press things that reset the video or just do things that are incredibly annoying and mess everything up.

Could there be an update or an option in the settings to disable the right side of the keyboard or the numpad area altogether please, If that were to happen I would be incredibly thankful and very happy my suggestion actually had a positive impact on my
    computer.

scooptity, Oct 14, 2022
Thema:

when i press / on numpad it writes /+ how do i stop that?

1. when i press / on numpad it writes /+ how do i stop that? - Similar Threads - press numpad writes

2. How do I not make my caps lock key write k whenever I press it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I not make my caps lock key write k whenever I press it: It also happens on my on screen keyboard and I’ve tried another keyboard same problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-not-make-my-caps-lock-key-write-k/86d12000-2a3c-4899-b2e9-f9b29e0d901b
  3. my numpad is like under the numbers are arrows and when i press 8 withc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my numpad is like under the numbers are arrows and when i press 8 withc: my numpad is like under the numbers are arrows and when i press 8 which has the up arrow its using the up arrow how do i make pressing numbers on the numpad its actually typing numbers?...
  4. my numpad is like under the numbers are arrows and when i press 8 withc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my numpad is like under the numbers are arrows and when i press 8 withc: my numpad is like under the numbers are arrows and when i press 8 which has the up arrow its using the up arrow how do i make pressing numbers on the numpad its actually typing numbers?...
  5. my numpad is like under the numbers are arrows and when i press 8 withc

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. when i press / on numpad it writes /+ how do i stop that?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when i press / on numpad it writes /+ how do i stop that?: Hi for some reason when i press the / on the numpad instead of writing only / the pc writes /+ or if i press 8 the pc writes 89 why is that? how do i stop it?...
  7. when i press / on numpad it writes /+ how do i stop that?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    when i press / on numpad it writes /+ how do i stop that?: Hi for some reason when i press the / on the numpad instead of writing only / the pc writes /+ or if i press 8 the pc writes 89 why is that? how do i stop it?...
  8. When I press 9 on the numpad, Enter gets pressed first then 9

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I press 9 on the numpad, Enter gets pressed first then 9: When I press 9 on the numpad, Enter gets pressed first then 9. Numlock is On, Screen Lock is Off.Can you help reset this?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-press-9-on-the-numpad-enter-gets-pressed/371974ce-b4da-4900-adfa-d04a454e6680
  9. When I press 9 on the numpad, Enter gets pressed first then 9

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I press 9 on the numpad, Enter gets pressed first then 9: When I press 9 on the numpad, Enter gets pressed first then 9. Numlock is On, Screen Lock is Off.Can you help reset this?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-press-9-on-the-numpad-enter-gets-pressed/371974ce-b4da-4900-adfa-d04a454e6680
  10. How do I stop this menu from coming up when I press W?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I stop this menu from coming up when I press W?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/RetroFan07 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gvgdsv/how_do_i_stop_this_menu_from_coming_up_when_i/