Windows 10: When i press shift it deletes a character.

Discus and support When i press shift it deletes a character. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; this makes it really hard to write. since if I press shift it backspaces. any help cant make parenthesis or a question mark sorry... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by pooipoopeepeee, Jun 5, 2019.

1. When i press shift it deletes a character.

this makes it really hard to write. since if I press shift it backspaces. any help cant make parenthesis or a question mark sorry

:)

pooipoopeepeee, Jun 5, 2019
  2. Arnie Est Win User

Is there a key to delete character ahead of the cursor?

Hello Stephen,

As of the moment, deleting the characters next to the cursor is unavailable. You can only delete characters by moving the cursor to the right side. You can always send a suggestion via Feedback Hub app so that it can be added or included on the next update.

To send a feedback on your phone, you can follow the steps below:

• Go to All Apps, search for the Feedback
      Hub app.
    • Open the menu icon at the top left side.
    • Select Feedback, then at the top right side, tap the
      add
      button (+).
    • Select Suggestion and fill up the box with the details of the feature you want to be added on Windows phone.
    • Select the right category for the suggestion and then submit.

Should you need more help, feel free to ask the Community.

Arnie Est, Jun 5, 2019
  3. michael Win User
    Need to know Best Recovery Software to recover shift+Deleted data

Hi Guys,

Good Day!

Yesterday I shift deleted some of the data from my desktop from my 256GB SSD.
    I need to recover them,

Please suggest my the best software to recover it.

Thanks.

michael, Jun 5, 2019
  4. sml156 Win User

When i press shift it deletes a character.

Cant delete as "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable"

If you press shift key while deleting it will not go to the Linux Trash bin

• Press the Shift key and select your file
    • While holding the Shift key, press the Delete key.

sml156, Jun 5, 2019
Thema:

When i press shift it deletes a character.

1. When i press shift it deletes a character. - Similar Threads - press shift deletes

2. shift key is not staying activated when pressed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    shift key is not staying activated when pressed: Hi, I have a little problem with my shift key. It works mostly, however when i am pressing the key for a longer time more than half a second to write multiple letters the function stops working after a very short time.Example:HHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhWhile writing this i kept my...
  3. shift key is not staying activated when pressed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    shift key is not staying activated when pressed: Hi, I have a little problem with my shift key. It works mostly, however when i am pressing the key for a longer time more than half a second to write multiple letters the function stops working after a very short time.Example:HHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhWhile writing this i kept my...
  4. When I press left shift the arrow comes out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I press left shift the arrow comes out: When I play any game, I tried to press left shift the arrow of the mouse pops out, so I can’t play games https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-press-left-shift-the-arrow-comes-out/d26a9c22-2143-445d-8d01-347aced4dcd1
  5. When I press left shift the arrow comes out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I press left shift the arrow comes out: When I play any game, I tried to press left shift the arrow of the mouse pops out, so I can’t play games https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-press-left-shift-the-arrow-comes-out/d26a9c22-2143-445d-8d01-347aced4dcd1
  6. Strange characters when renaming and pressing "Ctrl + Backspace"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Strange characters when renaming and pressing "Ctrl + Backspace": The thing is that when I'm renaming, It just inserts a very nonsense character. Instead of erasing the entire word.Can you help me with this?The red thing marked in the image are renaming with very nonsense characters."Help me, please. every time that I rename, it just...
  7. When I press shift it also presses CTRL so I can't use it to capitalize.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    When I press shift it also presses CTRL so I can't use it to capitalize.: This happened when I cleaned my keyboard. Now it's just stuck like that. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-press-shift-it-also-presses-ctrl-so-i-cant/bd29244c-1c87-46cf-b6bf-f0e61581cb26
  8. Automatic scrolls down when I press shift key and shift + arrow is also not working in...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Automatic scrolls down when I press shift key and shift + arrow is also not working in...: Automatic scrolls down when I press shift key or select text with mouse and hit ctrl+c. Automatic scroll continues even after using scroll up. It stops when I use fn or windows key. Kindly help asap....
  9. Taskbar acts as if Shift key is pressed when it's not?

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar acts as if Shift key is pressed when it's not?: Hello. The taskbar is acting as if the Shift key is pressed (it's not) because when I right-click windows in it, the wrong pop up appears. The one that appears is the one that would show up if you press Shift + Right Click. "Sticky Keys" is not on. The same doesn't happen...
  10. Beeping Sound When Repeatedly Pressing Shift

in Windows 10 Support
    Beeping Sound When Repeatedly Pressing Shift: Whenever I press shift multiple times System Sounds makes a really annoying beeping sound. I have already disabled Sticky, Toggle and Filter Keys to try and fix the issue, but it didn't work. Would love some help, has been happening since I updated Windows about a week...