Windows 10: When I press the @ button I get " instead. No button gets me a @

Discus and support When I press the @ button I get " instead. No button gets me a @ in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I press the @ button I get " instead. No button gets me a @. No other keys are affected. This happens on mail, word, excel , etc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JeffWallace4, Jul 10, 2019.

1. When I press the @ button I get " instead. No button gets me a @

When I press the @ button I get " instead. No button gets me a @. No other keys are affected. This happens on mail, word, excel , etc

:)

JeffWallace4, Jul 10, 2019
  2. XVI
    xvi Win User

Sticky power button.

I had (still have actually) a Thermaltake Xaser case that had a power button that would get stuck. The plastic housing would get wedged sideways and hold the button down. I eventually just learned where/how to press it so it wouldn't get stuck.

If you don't mind chopping it up, you could try replacing it with something like a vandal resistant switch or a military switch. Any kind of momentary switch would do. Drill the appropriate sized hole and screw it in.

3. Reset Button Not Working

If the screen goes black from one press i don't see how the button is broken, Are you sure you haven't changed how windows reacts to that button when you press it?

animal007uk, Jul 10, 2019
  4. Anne Ros Win User

When I press the @ button I get " instead. No button gets me a @

download button on Netflix app

Hi Petre,

This might be caused by a software conflict. As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest resetting the app and see if it helps. To do that, follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select System.
    • On the left-panel, click Apps & features.
    • Look for the app on the list then click it.
    • Click the Advanced options link.
    • Click the Reset button.
    • If resetting did not work or not available, click the Repair
      button instead.
    • Restart your PC.

If the issue still persists, try uninstalling and reinstalling the app and see if it helps.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post back.

Anne Ros, Jul 10, 2019
Thema:

When I press the @ button I get " instead. No button gets me a @

1. When I press the @ button I get " instead. No button gets me a @ - Similar Threads - press button instead

2. Power supply not On when I press Power Button

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Power supply not On when I press Power Button: I've been facing an issue with my Dell OptiPlex CPU for the past few days, and I'm in need of some expert guidance to find a permanent solution.The problem I'm encountering is that my Dell OptiPlex CPU is not turning on. When I press the power button, the light on the button...
  3. Power supply not On when I press Power Button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power supply not On when I press Power Button: I've been facing an issue with my Dell OptiPlex CPU for the past few days, and I'm in need of some expert guidance to find a permanent solution.The problem I'm encountering is that my Dell OptiPlex CPU is not turning on. When I press the power button, the light on the button...
  4. Power supply not On when I press Power Button

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. "When I press the power button" is now missing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    "When I press the power button" is now missing: Hi, recently in "choose what the power buttons do", the power button with its distinctive icon is missing and replaced with "when I press the sleep button" see image below . As a result, the power button just starts the computer but has no other use, and I have no sleep...
  6. No get button

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    No get button: How do I get out windows S mode, there is no "Get" button as I tried nearly every step in order to get out. Please do not advise anything that deals with cash, as this never happened before and I really don't want to get a new laptop. [ATTACH]...
  7. Critical error when I press the start button

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Critical error when I press the start button: I’m not very good with computers just yet and I’ve ran into the issue of the critical error when I press the start button and it signs me out and now it seems to take forever to start back up like the black screen after I sign back in. I main question would be can I use the...
  8. When I press "Additional info," the "get started" button does not appear.

When I press "Additional info," the "get started" button does not appear.: I am currently in the process of removing all of the bloatware that came with my PC and having just the basics and necessities that Windows requires. I followed a tutorial online, pressed said button, and it wouldn't show any option to continue....
  9. BSOD when I just press the start button

BSOD when I just press the start button: Hi helper, Here's the thing. Recently my computer always occurs BSOD. It makes me crazy so I decide re-install my win10x64 system. At the first day after install, it looks good. But the second day and today, It occurs BSOD when I just press the start button, the BSOD was...
  10. Can't press the "Get realms plus" button.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't press the "Get realms plus" button.: I cant get realms plus, because the button doesent seem to work. I press it, but it wont show anything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-press-the-get-realms-plus-button/47c729be-70df-4c5e-9cb1-88928fb229ec