Windows 10: When I press the @ button I get " instead. No button gets me a @

Discus and support When I press the @ button I get " instead. No button gets me a @ in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I press the @ button I get " instead. No button gets me a @. No other keys are affected. This happens on mail, word, excel , etc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JeffWallace4, Jul 10, 2019.

1. When I press the @ button I get " instead. No button gets me a @

When I press the @ button I get " instead. No button gets me a @. No other keys are affected. This happens on mail, word, excel , etc

:)

JeffWallace4, Jul 10, 2019
  2. XVI
    xvi Win User

Sticky power button.

I had (still have actually) a Thermaltake Xaser case that had a power button that would get stuck. The plastic housing would get wedged sideways and hold the button down. I eventually just learned where/how to press it so it wouldn't get stuck.

If you don't mind chopping it up, you could try replacing it with something like a vandal resistant switch or a military switch. Any kind of momentary switch would do. Drill the appropriate sized hole and screw it in.

3. Reset Button Not Working

If the screen goes black from one press i don't see how the button is broken, Are you sure you haven't changed how windows reacts to that button when you press it?

animal007uk, Jul 10, 2019
  4. Anne Ros Win User

When I press the @ button I get " instead. No button gets me a @

download button on Netflix app

Hi Petre,

This might be caused by a software conflict. As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest resetting the app and see if it helps. To do that, follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select System.
    • On the left-panel, click Apps & features.
    • Look for the app on the list then click it.
    • Click the Advanced options link.
    • Click the Reset button.
    • If resetting did not work or not available, click the Repair
      button instead.
    • Restart your PC.

If the issue still persists, try uninstalling and reinstalling the app and see if it helps.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post back.

Anne Ros, Jul 10, 2019
Thema:

When I press the @ button I get " instead. No button gets me a @

1. When I press the @ button I get " instead. No button gets me a @ - Similar Threads - press button instead

2. Computer starts if I press any keyboard button

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer starts if I press any keyboard button: When I press any of the buttons on the keyboard, my computer starts. I am sure it is not in the Sleep, Hibernate or Standby modes. I use Asus laptop and have reset it to factory default recently. It seems to me the issue has shown up after upgrading to the latest version of...
  3. Press 1/! and I get Help!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Press 1/! and I get Help!: I am using a Dell Ultrabook (Latitude 7370) with Windows 10 and in any application once I press 1 or ! then help window is displayed. How do I proceed to resolve this rather annoying issue????...
  4. i do not have a start button, how do i get one?

i do not have a start button, how do i get one?: I do not have a start menu. how do I get it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_menu/i-do-not-have-a-start-button-how-do-i-get-one/68c1bff7-f3a1-4e4a-a36a-1e9b7de074cb
  5. File explorer frezes after i press the start button

File explorer frezes after i press the start button: Hi, I just installed a new ssd in my computer. So I had to reinstall windows on it, efter i did this had some problems getting the 1803 update. after the update there where some problems that i fixed, that have all been related to windows defender. Now i have problem that i...
  6. Start button not working, not getting updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Start button not working, not getting updates: I have 2 pcs with Windows 10. My Acer laptop is working fine at build 10130 but my custom desktop is causing problems. First the Start button and "Ask me anything" do not work. Clicking on the Start button does nothing, pressing the Start button on the keyboard does nothing....
  7. DVD Reader not ejecting when pressing it's button

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD Reader not ejecting when pressing it's button: As title says, but it does eject if I tell it to through Windows File Explorer and it does read and write discs, and seems to be working normally. Been trying to fiddle with its cable too. Is this just a hardware failure? Have done some diagnostics too through Windows. 90057
  8. Cortana not opening/not working when pressing the mic button

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana not opening/not working when pressing the mic button: I have a problem with Cortana not opening after pressing the mic button on the taskbar and "Hey Cortana" does not work also. This is a clean install of windows 10 on a Lenovo laptop, I had no problems with Cortana before. If someone can help me I would greatly appreciate...
  9. Critical Error message appears when I press the start button?

in Windows 10 Support
    Critical Error message appears when I press the start button?: Upon some instances of booting, clicking the start button produces the following error: [img] When I do sign out and log back in, the error persists even though the error window has disappeared. While this message is shown, I can still get on with tasks on my PC, but...
  10. I can't click on the windows search button and get on the internet

in Windows 10 Support
    I can't click on the windows search button and get on the internet: I am using windows 10. I can get on the internet with my chrome browser. When I click on the windows "search the web and windows" icon a message pops up saying it can't get on the web right now. 24280