Windows 10: When I press the DPI button on my mouse it always opens Groove Music!

Discus and support When I press the DPI button on my mouse it always opens Groove Music! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My DPI button opens groove music for some reason. This first happened when I was in the middle of a game and pressed the DPI button. I thought it was a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ErAirPro, Oct 21, 2020.

1. ErAirPro Win User

When I press the DPI button on my mouse it always opens Groove Music!

My DPI button opens groove music for some reason. This first happened when I was in the middle of a game and pressed the DPI button. I thought it was a glitch but when I pressed another time it opened Music again. I didn't change any mouse settings and my mouse worked perfectly until now. I tried to uninstall Groove Music, restart the PC and reset the mouse but it still does the same thing. My mouse doesn't have any hardware problems, but it is a wireless one. Can someone help?

:)

ErAirPro, Oct 21, 2020

2. Mouse Buttons Hotwired to Groove Music

A little over a week ago, my mouse buttons 4, 5, 6, 7 and my DPI changing button are now tied to only groove music and Master PC volume. I did a complete system wipe and the issue is still here. For example when I used to use the mouse 4 and 5 as forward
    and back for my browser or in games as a hotkey, they no longer register as buttons IE it cant be hotkeyed and also shows no input to the computer besides changing the track in groove music. Best part is my DPI button is now PAUSE and PLAY like **** my mouse
    is a Gearhead MPT4100RDF and the mouse cant be broken as the buttons DO work for groove and groove alone. I asked microsoft support and they just said repair my windows files. I did. and the problem still presist. Help me please. Also mouse tilt left and
    right is Volume control.

FableSenpai, Oct 21, 2020
  3. Groove Music Unable to Play Music

We'll try a different approach, we suggest that you reinstall Groove Music and see if it has the same issue. Follow the steps below on how to remove and reinstall Groove Music:

• Open Start menu, search for "PowerShell"
    • Right-click the PowerShell shortcut and select "Run as administrator". Agree to the UAC prompt.
    • Type/Copy paste Get-AppxPackage *zunemusic* | Remove-AppxPackage.
    • Once that Groove Music has been uninstalled, launch Windows 10 Store.
    • Type/Search for Groove Music and install.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Oct 21, 2020
  4. When I press the DPI button on my mouse it always opens Groove Music!

Groove Music Will Not Open

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. I’ll certainly help you with this.

I understand that you were suggested to uninstall and reinstall the Groove app. But, when you try to uninstall the app, you are getting an error. Is that correct?

Have you tried to troubleshoot the Groove app? If you haven't, please refer the following help article and try the steps.

Troubleshoot Groove player in Windows 10

If the issue still persist, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key and type
      Windows Powershell
      in search box.

• Right click on Windows Powershell
      and select Run as administrator.

• Copy and paste the following command.
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.ZuneMusic* | remove-appxpackage.

You can click on this link to download the app
    Groove Music

Hope this will help you. Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Oct 21, 2020
Thema:

When I press the DPI button on my mouse it always opens Groove Music!

1. When I press the DPI button on my mouse it always opens Groove Music! - Similar Threads - press DPI button

2. DPI button in the mouse opens Microsoft 365

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPI button in the mouse opens Microsoft 365: I have Amkette Wi-Key mouse & keyboard combo. I use Windows 10 64 bit. After an update last week, the DPI button in the mouse opens Microsoft 365. I checked with "keyboard press detector" and found that the DPI button has been assigned to Ctrl+Shift+Alt and Windows keys. I...
  3. DPI button in the mouse opens Microsoft 365

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DPI button in the mouse opens Microsoft 365: I have Amkette Wi-Key mouse & keyboard combo. I use Windows 10 64 bit. After an update last week, the DPI button in the mouse opens Microsoft 365. I checked with "keyboard press detector" and found that the DPI button has been assigned to Ctrl+Shift+Alt and Windows keys. I...
  4. DPI button in the mouse opens Microsoft 365

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Groove Music - The shuffle button that doesn't shuffle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Groove Music - The shuffle button that doesn't shuffle: I quite like the Groove Music App - even though I have iTunes when I do a workout this simple App works for me better.One thing that really is bugging me though is the shuffle button - I mainly use it on music that I've added to a playlist to mix things up a bit but in terms...
  6. Groove Music - The shuffle button that doesn't shuffle

Groove Music - The shuffle button that doesn't shuffle: I quite like the Groove Music App - even though I have iTunes when I do a workout this simple App works for me better.One thing that really is bugging me though is the shuffle button - I mainly use it on music that I've added to a playlist to mix things up a bit but in terms...
  7. The Groove Music app is not opening

The Groove Music app is not opening: hey Microsoft I'm on Windows 10 Version 20H2 I'm facing a problem that says that when I try to open Groove Music app it can't open even I try to update but when I try to update apps the ms store comes with a error that says something unexpected happens I tried...
  8. Mouse dpi button opens office

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse dpi button opens office: Hello, i have problems with my mouse dpi button, because when i press it opens office. I've searched for a solution but nothing has worked. The mouse its a philips spk7203, its a usb wireless model. I've noticed that some functionalities that used to work fine are not...
  9. When I press the HDI button on my mouse it always opens Groove Music!

in Windows 10 Customization
    When I press the HDI button on my mouse it always opens Groove Music!: My HDI button opens groove music for some reason. This first happened when I was in the middle of a game and pressed the HDI button. I thought it was a glitch but when I pressed another time it opened Music again. I didn't change any mouse settings and my mouse worked...
  10. Calculator,Groove Music is not opening

Calculator,Groove Music is not opening: When I click on the calculator app nothing happens I tried PowerShell , WSReset , SFC/scannow and... but doesn't work for me . On my other user account in the same PC it's working but on my user account it's not now i want create a new user but i have many app in my...