Windows 10: "When I press the power button" is now missing

Discus and support "When I press the power button" is now missing in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, recently in "choose what the power buttons do", the power button with its distinctive icon is missing and replaced with "when I press the sleep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by SinaTaghavi, Jun 15, 2021.

1. "When I press the power button" is now missing

Hi, recently in "choose what the power buttons do", the power button with its distinctive icon is missing and replaced with "when I press the sleep button" see image below . As a result, the power button just starts the computer but has no other use, and I have no sleep button on my computer. I still have sleep hibernate and lock available through the start button but would love to be able to hibernate by clicking the power button. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

:)

SinaTaghavi, Jun 15, 2021

2. When I press the power button sleep, hibernated, or power down don't work my screen goes off but not my pc

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

To assist you better, I would like to know when exactly you had received this error. Are you able to boot the computer?

The following steps detail how to change what happens when the power button is pressed.

By default the power button will tell the computer to shut down, if it is not set to shut down, please follow the below steps.

• In the Windows search box enter ‘Power Options’ and click on it when it appears in the list.
    • On the left of the window, click on the ‘Choose what power buttons do’ link
    • Under ‘When I press the power button’ choose the option you want to change it to
      Shut Down.
    • Click ‘Save changes’ to save the changes.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to run Power troubleshooter:

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Power.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

6. Check if issue persists.

After performing the power troubleshooter, please perform the steps that has been provided above.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jun 15, 2021
  3. OOOO Win User
    How to disable "5 seconds power button shut off" on a laptop?

I does not suggest you to do this, if you insist on this, try the following steps.

1. Open Control Panel
    2. Find and click System and Security
    3. Find and click Power Options
    4. On the left hand, you will see Choose what the power button does and click it
    5. Click Change settings that are currently unavailable to be able to change the settings
    6. In When I press the power button, you can choose Do nothing

"When I press the power button"  is now missing SQHnd.png

Hope this can help you.

4. "When I press the power button" is now missing

Power button

Hi,

If your phone won't wake up when you press the power button, it's possible that your device software is corrupted. Especially, the button works when you press it for 1 to 2 seconds. For us to assist you better, please answer the following questions:

• Have you checked if your phone has the latest OS build version? To check, just go to
      Settings, under System tap Phone update > Check for updates.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Rommel Diw, Jun 15, 2021
Thema:

"When I press the power button" is now missing

1. "When I press the power button" is now missing - Similar Threads - press power button

2. Power Button pressing by itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power Button pressing by itself: A long time ago, I spilled a bit of liquid into the laptop's keyboard, and because of that some keys stopped working, and one of those affected keys is the power button. Got a new keyboard and all that, the problem is the power button is pressing by itself for maybe a...
  3. Power Button pressing by itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power Button pressing by itself: A long time ago, I spilled a bit of liquid into the laptop's keyboard, and because of that some keys stopped working, and one of those affected keys is the power button. Got a new keyboard and all that, the problem is the power button is pressing by itself for maybe a...
  4. Power supply not On when I press Power Button

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Power supply not On when I press Power Button: I've been facing an issue with my Dell OptiPlex CPU for the past few days, and I'm in need of some expert guidance to find a permanent solution.The problem I'm encountering is that my Dell OptiPlex CPU is not turning on. When I press the power button, the light on the button...
  5. Power supply not On when I press Power Button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power supply not On when I press Power Button: I've been facing an issue with my Dell OptiPlex CPU for the past few days, and I'm in need of some expert guidance to find a permanent solution.The problem I'm encountering is that my Dell OptiPlex CPU is not turning on. When I press the power button, the light on the button...
  6. Power supply not On when I press Power Button

7. Windows Crashes When Pressing The Power Button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Crashes When Pressing The Power Button: Hi,Since Last Month My PC Has Been Crashing With The "KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FALIURE" Error Code.When I Press The Power Button, My Screen Turns Off, Turns Back On, The "Slide To Turn Off Your PC" Appears, And When I Cancel It, I Go To My Desktop It Freezes And BSODs. It Has A...
  8. Windows Crashes When Pressing The Power Button

Windows Crashes When Pressing The Power Button: Hi,Since Last Month My PC Has Been Crashing With The "KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FALIURE" Error Code.When I Press The Power Button, My Screen Turns Off, Turns Back On, The "Slide To Turn Off Your PC" Appears, And When I Cancel It, I Go To My Desktop It Freezes And BSODs. It Has A...
  9. When i presse the power button the pc doesn't start.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    When i presse the power button the pc doesn't start.: Hi I have mouved my composant to another box and i changes the motherboard and the power suplie when i try to boot it it does nothing. The only way to boot it is press the power sw botton on my motherboard....
  10. When I press Windoes key and press power Button it spams Sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When I press Windoes key and press power Button it spams Sleep: Hi, I have issues with my computer that when I press windows keys and trying to shut off my computer it spams Sleep mode frantically. I have tried everything including Virus scan and I cant seem to find a issue. submitted by /u/Tenko_7 [link] [comments]...