Windows 10: When I press the power button the screen turns off but the laptop doesn't go to sleep. How...

Discus and support When I press the power button the screen turns off but the laptop doesn't go to sleep. How... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I press the power button on the laptop, the screen turns off but the laptop does not go to sleep and the mute light that comes up when you mute... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ogbokor Orezina, Jan 15, 2023.

1. When I press the power button the screen turns off but the laptop doesn't go to sleep. How...

When I press the power button on the laptop, the screen turns off but the laptop does not go to sleep and the mute light that comes up when you mute the system comes on

:)

Ogbokor Orezina, Jan 15, 2023
  2. Sasqui Win User

PC doesn't power down after holding power button for 4 seconds

The power button on a PC is temporary push switch. It makes contact as long as you hold the button down. Quick press and release triggers a smart relay on the MB to turn on or off, depending on default or OS state, such as cold on, sleep on, turn off, sleep off, etc. Holding the button down for a long time is a default hardware power kill switch. If it's not working, suspect the MB. Reset the BIOS is a good suggestion, but prolly won't work.

Sasqui, Jan 15, 2023
  3. Annorax Win User
    Laptop power button and sleep settings

Hi all,

I have a Lenovo W510 laptop with Windows 10 Professional. I see in the power settings that I can configure the power button to put the laptop to sleep when pressed. I have it configured as such but when I press the power button, nothing happens. If I manually put the laptop to sleep via the start menu, it sleeps fine.

Am I missing something obvious?

Annorax, Jan 15, 2023
  4. When I press the power button the screen turns off but the laptop doesn't go to sleep. How...

Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep

Hi, thank you. I could restart my surface pro 4 but still could not fix the Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep. I am still looking forward to hearing more suggestions to fix the black screen after sleep.

SokthearithYi, Jan 15, 2023
Thema:

When I press the power button the screen turns off but the laptop doesn't go to sleep. How...

1. When I press the power button the screen turns off but the laptop doesn't go to sleep. How... - Similar Threads - press power button

2. I accidentally pressed the power button on the laptop then when I turned it back on it had...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally pressed the power button on the laptop then when I turned it back on it had...: I accidentally pressed the power button on the laptop then when I turned it back on it had 0% battery. The laptop is still working and still it doesn't shutdown by its self until the battery capacity has already been empty. I want to know how much battery capacity is left to...
  3. My laptop doesn't turn on after pressing the power button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop doesn't turn on after pressing the power button: this problem started a week before, my laptop doesn't turn on even after pressing the power button, I tried removing the battery and powering it directly through the charger but it didn't work, I guessed it must be some software issue so I contacted Dell service center, they...
  4. My laptop doesn't turn on after pressing the power button

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop doesn't turn on after pressing the power button: this problem started a week before, my laptop doesn't turn on even after pressing the power button, I tried removing the battery and powering it directly through the charger but it didn't work, I guessed it must be some software issue so I contacted Dell service center, they...
  5. When I press the power button the screen turns off but the laptop doesn't go to sleep. How...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I press the power button the screen turns off but the laptop doesn't go to sleep. How...: When I press the power button on the laptop, the screen turns off but the laptop does not go to sleep and the mute light that comes up when you mute the system comes on...
  6. Laptop isn't turning on when pressed power button

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop isn't turning on when pressed power button: My laptop of dell company isn't switich even I pressed power button I had already tried taking battery out and then pressing power button for 1 min... When I press the power button only white light blinks for a sec and then goes of off mounter too Plzz help...
  7. When i presse the power button the pc doesn't start.

When i presse the power button the pc doesn't start.: Hi I have mouved my composant to another box and i changes the motherboard and the power suplie when i try to boot it it does nothing. The only way to boot it is press the power sw botton on my motherboard....
  8. Laptop power button doesn't go into sleep mode

Laptop power button doesn't go into sleep mode: In control panel, everything is set to sleep. The power button, sleep button or when I close the laptop, it is set to "sleep". Everything works fine but the power button. Fn + F4 buttons is set as the "sleep button" and it works every time I do it, also closing the laptop...
  9. When I press Windoes key and press power Button it spams Sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When I press Windoes key and press power Button it spams Sleep: Hi, I have issues with my computer that when I press windows keys and trying to shut off my computer it spams Sleep mode frantically. I have tried everything including Virus scan and I cant seem to find a issue. submitted by /u/Tenko_7 [link] [comments]...
  10. Laptop doesn't turn off the screen or go to sleep when inactive

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop doesn't turn off the screen or go to sleep when inactive: Hello everyone, so just the other day I (finally) upgraded my Lenovo Ideapad Z510 from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. So far, I'm pretty happy about it, so I'm definitely not regretting it, but there is one thing that it's starting to frustrate me. Basically, when the...