Windows 10: When i press the right alt key on my keyboard the left control gets registered pressed?

Discus and support When i press the right alt key on my keyboard the left control gets registered pressed? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So some days ago i pressed some kind of keybind that made my keyboard typ "zxcv" when i pressed L and i couldn't figure out what was wrong so i flipped... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JohNesLar, Jan 31, 2021.

1. JohNesLar Win User

When i press the right alt key on my keyboard the left control gets registered pressed?

So some days ago i pressed some kind of keybind that made my keyboard typ "zxcv" when i pressed L and i couldn't figure out what was wrong so i flipped my keyboard around so it pressed all the buttons on my keyboard a few times and then the alt key got messed up so it presses left control too for some reason.

:)

JohNesLar, Jan 31, 2021
  2. Arun B J Win User

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jan 31, 2021
  3. Kreij Win User
    Zippy! Automatic Button Pressing program.

Wouldn't it have been more expedient to ditch the GUI and make Zippy! a hot key activated app?
    (Similar to how TPUCapture works)
    For instance ... Zippy! is running in the background. The user presses a key combo (say Alt-Z) to tell Zippy! to repeat the next key/mouse click it sees until the hot key combo is pressed again?
    So Alt+Z and then left mouse click tells Zippy! to repeat the left mouse click until Alt+Z is pressed again.
    That would completely eliminate the need for profiles.

Just a suggestion for version 2.0 *Wink When i press the right alt key on my keyboard the left control gets registered pressed? ;)
    As always, good work Ford. Definitely useful with Minecraft. *Toast :toast:

Kreij, Jan 31, 2021
  4. When i press the right alt key on my keyboard the left control gets registered pressed?

Pressing the ALT key makes my computer press different keys on the keyboard

When I press and/or hold down that alt key on my keyboard. My computer just does random stuff like turn on CAPS LOCK, muting discord using my keyboard shortcut, close apps, open apps. From what I see on the virtual keyboard keys just get randomly pushed
    every time I press and/or hold the ALT key.

Muffinz022, Jan 31, 2021
Thema:

When i press the right alt key on my keyboard the left control gets registered pressed?

1. When i press the right alt key on my keyboard the left control gets registered pressed? - Similar Threads - press right alt

2. my keyboard isnt registering multiple keystrokes when i press the keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my keyboard isnt registering multiple keystrokes when i press the keys: hey, so ive encountered this issue on my computer recently, whenever I need to press a key like if i am writing the word community it'll be written as comunity with an m less and this is the issue with all of the keys is you read this all, wherever I've written double...
  3. BOTH Alt/Control keys pressed or ENTIRE keyboard not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BOTH Alt/Control keys pressed or ENTIRE keyboard not responding: Hey,I’ve got an issue that gets me fuming over the past few days. I cant recall what has changed but at random times I would get my pc behave as if my Ctrl button is pressed.It usually occurs when Im AFK or when I just play a game/watch YouTube. Completely random.After a...
  4. BOTH Alt/Control keys pressed or ENTIRE keyboard not responding

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BOTH Alt/Control keys pressed or ENTIRE keyboard not responding: Hey,I’ve got an issue that gets me fuming over the past few days. I cant recall what has changed but at random times I would get my pc behave as if my Ctrl button is pressed.It usually occurs when Im AFK or when I just play a game/watch YouTube. Completely random.After a...
  5. BOTH Alt/Control keys pressed or ENTIRE keyboard not responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. when i press the windows key the on screen keyboard thinks i'm pressing the alt key too

when i press the windows key the on screen keyboard thinks i'm pressing the alt key too: when i press the windows key the on screen keyboard thinks i'm pressing the alt key too https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-press-the-windows-key-the-on-screen/cc0c3458-caee-4dda-838a-dc83445513dd
  7. Pressing the ALT key makes my computer press different keys on the keyboard

Pressing the ALT key makes my computer press different keys on the keyboard: When I press and/or hold down that alt key on my keyboard. My computer just does random stuff like turn on CAPS LOCK, muting discord using my keyboard shortcut, close apps, open apps. From what I see on the virtual keyboard keys just get randomly pushed every time I press...
  8. Right alt key also presses right control key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Right alt key also presses right control key: I've been using the altgr key as toggle mute for discord as it outputs right alt, and I've got my right ctrl set to toggle deafen. Now, altgr outputs both right alt and ctrl, meaning I have to rebind my toggle mute to something else. Is there any way to revert(?) or fix this...
  9. Certain keys not registering when pressed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Certain keys not registering when pressed: Both my a and f keys don't seem to registrar when I click them so I wonder if there is anything to be done. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/certain-keys-not-registering-when-pressed/cb3b3ba9-261c-405a-a03e-4991414e6a49
  10. I cant right and left click when pressing keys on my keyboard.

in Windows 10 Support
    I cant right and left click when pressing keys on my keyboard.: Not sure how this works, I assume yall can see my laptop info; I am running windows 10, I have an 850 G1. I want to play some game with my touchpad and the left and right click. I solved not being able to use my touch pad while typing. But now I need help clicking while...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Right alt presses left ctrl