Windows 10: when I press the window key it's automatically minimizing

Discus and support when I press the window key it's automatically minimizing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; when I press the window key it's automatically minimizing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by assassin 0p, Dec 4, 2022.

1. when I press the window key it's automatically minimizing

when I press the window key it's automatically minimizing

:)

assassin 0p, Dec 4, 2022
  2. MCO3 Win User

Pressing right arrow key minimizes/dual screens programs and works as windows keys

When ingame it minimizes the games, when using on screen keyboard it shows it's working as the Windows key, this only recently started to happen and some suggested fixes (like restarting, pressing Windows key, reinstalling keyboard drivers, etc.) don't seem to work.

MCO3, Dec 4, 2022
  3. ctrain Win User
    Zippy! Automatic Button Pressing program.

Are you only using the hook to catch the key to use for sending input?

I can think of a couple ways to grab input without the hook. Maybe you can run through the virtual key list with GetAsyncKeyState() and flag what's pressed. From there you can just build your list of keys to mash and fire them off with SendInput(). Some food for thought, probably get you out of AV flag territory.

ctrain, Dec 4, 2022
  4. when I press the window key it's automatically minimizing

Windows 8.1, programs keep minimizing/iconifying themselves repeatedly when trying to open

My sister owns a HP Pavilion G6, which came with Windows 8. About four months ago it automatically upgraded her to 8.1 an since then she's had several problems.

I have fixed most of them, but one peculiar issue remains.

Whenever you open a program/window, it immediately minimizes itself to the task bar.
    If you try to click or key press to bring it back up, it again minimizes itself.

I have found two work arounds :

A) Leave the system idle for five minutes
    B) Hold either CTRL or ALT key, and then mouse click to bring the window back up

After step B, I hit ALTGRAVE key once, and then the windows behave normally for a time.

This happens immediately after boot and randomly during normal operation.

I've disabled a lot of the touch pad features and gestures, trying to limit any user input error or other miscellaneous potential sources of the problem.

newconroer, Dec 4, 2022
Thema:

when I press the window key it's automatically minimizing

1. when I press the window key it's automatically minimizing - Similar Threads - press window key

2. when I press the window key it's automatically minimizing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when I press the window key it's automatically minimizing: when I press the window key it's automatically minimizing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-press-the-window-key-its-automatically/7c5ff85b-5bec-40e5-a4ff-393aad772c4f
  3. When I press “windows” key it makes the function of “fn” key and when I press “fn” key it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I press “windows” key it makes the function of “fn” key and when I press “fn” key it...: When I press “windows” key it makes the function of “fn” key and when I press “fn” key it makes the function of “windows” key. What can I do?...
  4. When I press “windows” key it makes the function of “fn” key and when I press “fn” key it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I press “windows” key it makes the function of “fn” key and when I press “fn” key it...: When I press “windows” key it makes the function of “fn” key and when I press “fn” key it makes the function of “windows” key. What can I do?...
  5. Whenever i press CTRL+ Down key. The Windows tab minimizes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Whenever i press CTRL+ Down key. The Windows tab minimizes.: I cant work because of it. Any one knows how can i resolve this issue? Ive had my computer for 2 months now. Its still new, but its having that problem.Even when i press CTRL+S also "Wizard could not launch" pop up would appear. Even when im not using any apps....
  6. Whenever i press CTRL+ Down key. The Windows tab minimizes.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Whenever i press CTRL+ Down key. The Windows tab minimizes.: I cant work because of it. Any one knows how can i resolve this issue? Ive had my computer for 2 months now. Its still new, but its having that problem.Even when i press CTRL+S also "Wizard could not launch" pop up would appear. Even when im not using any apps....
  7. Whenever i press CTRL+ Down key. The Windows tab minimizes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. laptop keys are pressed automatically

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    laptop keys are pressed automatically: hi, i am using windows 10 version 2004 on hp laptop. recently i noticed that my ''END'' button is working itself. i tried uninstalling driver and restart but the problem didn't go away. plz someone help me fix this. thanks in advance...
  9. Computer automatically pressing keys

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer automatically pressing keys: To start off, I'm 100% sure that nothing was pressing on my keyboard's keys, since when I saw it happening I checked my keyboard. Essentially, the windows key was pressed and 'w' 's' and 'a' were typed a bunch into the search box. I've seen this happen before, and now it's...
  10. The home key presses automatically

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The home key presses automatically: Recently my Dell Inspiron 3542 started to bug out. The home key would press automatically (not physically). It is making work a nightmare. submitted by /u/RhythmJuneja [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ghg2ze/the_home_key_presses_automatically/