Windows 10: when i press the windows key the on screen keyboard thinks i'm pressing the alt key too

Discus and support when i press the windows key the on screen keyboard thinks i'm pressing the alt key too in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; when i press the windows key the on screen keyboard thinks i'm pressing the alt key too... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Dorian L., Jun 4, 2021.

1. Dorian L. Win User

when i press the windows key the on screen keyboard thinks i'm pressing the alt key too

when i press the windows key the on screen keyboard thinks i'm pressing the alt key too

:)

Dorian L., Jun 4, 2021

2. Pressing the ALT key makes my computer press different keys on the keyboard

When I press and/or hold down that alt key on my keyboard. My computer just does random stuff like turn on CAPS LOCK, muting discord using my keyboard shortcut, close apps, open apps. From what I see on the virtual keyboard keys just get randomly pushed
    every time I press and/or hold the ALT key.

Muffinz022, Jun 4, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jun 4, 2021
  4. manofthem Win User

Booting without press any key

@dhievm go ahead and list the model number that gives exact specs/info.

Does it stop right at the Toshiba logo and sit there? Will it sit forever til you press a key, or will it eventually work after so long?

manofthem, Jun 4, 2021
Thema:

1. when i press the windows key the on screen keyboard thinks i'm pressing the alt key too - Similar Threads - press key screen

2. Alt key randomly pressing without touching keyboard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Alt key randomly pressing without touching keyboard: This started yesterday, while typing in searches, random tabs would open. It appears that these tabs are Alt Key shortcuts.I opened Notepad and can actually see Alt being activated and deactivated without touching the keyboard.Thinking it was a keyboard issue, I cleaned,...
  3. Alt key randomly pressing without touching keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt key randomly pressing without touching keyboard: This started yesterday, while typing in searches, random tabs would open. It appears that these tabs are Alt Key shortcuts.I opened Notepad and can actually see Alt being activated and deactivated without touching the keyboard.Thinking it was a keyboard issue, I cleaned,...
  4. Alt key randomly pressing without touching keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Pressing-The-Space-Key-Shows-Alt-Key-Pressed-in-th e-OSK

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pressing-The-Space-Key-Shows-Alt-Key-Pressed-in-th e-OSK: troubleshoot didn't detect anything, sticky and filter keys are on and I even tried to toggle them on then off, reinstalled keyboard drivers, hardware is fine, even tried to restore to a point before it happened...
  6. Pressing-The-Space-Key-Shows-Alt-Key-Pressed-in-th e-OSK

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pressing-The-Space-Key-Shows-Alt-Key-Pressed-in-th e-OSK: troubleshoot didn't detect anything, sticky and filter keys are on and I even tried to toggle them on then off, reinstalled keyboard drivers, hardware is fine, even tried to restore to a point before it happened...
  7. When i press the right alt key on my keyboard the left control gets registered pressed?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    When i press the right alt key on my keyboard the left control gets registered pressed?: So some days ago i pressed some kind of keybind that made my keyboard typ "zxcv" when i pressed L and i couldn't figure out what was wrong so i flipped my keyboard around so it pressed all the buttons on my keyboard a few times and then the alt key got messed up so it presses...
  8. Pressing the ALT key makes my computer press different keys on the keyboard

Pressing the ALT key makes my computer press different keys on the keyboard: When I press and/or hold down that alt key on my keyboard. My computer just does random stuff like turn on CAPS LOCK, muting discord using my keyboard shortcut, close apps, open apps. From what I see on the virtual keyboard keys just get randomly pushed every time I press...
  9. Keyboard Thinks i am pressing window key

Keyboard Thinks i am pressing window key: Every time I press A, Q , 1 on my ducky keyboard i thinks i am pressing the window key. I saw it was doing that when I opened the on screen keyboard. I have tried everything. I uninstalled the drivers, restarted my computer, moved usb port and updated the keyboard none of...
  10. Computer thinks Alt key is pressed repeatedly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer thinks Alt key is pressed repeatedly: I have googled this issue quite a lot, its inconsistent when it happens but when it Does happen its an absolute pain in the butt. -On screen keyboard shows ALT is held down,(or pressed fast) clicking alt flashes it off and it turns back on. -Unplugging keyboard does nothing,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows scroll lock shortcut missing from osk