Windows 10: When I press Win + S, my search background is black. Any idea as to why?

Discus and support When I press Win + S, my search background is black. Any idea as to why? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/hawttuna [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/hawttuna, Feb 25, 2021.

1. When I press Win + S, my search background is black. Any idea as to why?

/u/hawttuna, Feb 25, 2021

2. Black Lock screen BACKGROUND

Hi Bill,

Let us know the make and model of your computer.

Let us try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to set the lock screen background to picture and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Step 3: Update the Display Adapter drivers.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update Driver Software
    • Restart the computer.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing the lock screen background for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 25, 2021
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Desktop background gone black after a few minutes of use on laptop.

Hello,

Desktop background and taskbar going black could be due to software conflicts.

We would like to know some information to better assist you with your concern:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you get any error messages or error codes?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try to check if the "Show Windows Background" option is turned on. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings in the Start menu.
    • Go to Ease of Access, then on the left side, click
      Other options.
    • Turn on Show Windows Background and check if it works.

We will wait for your reply.

Remon Ont, Feb 25, 2021
  4. Misiowiec Win User

When I press Win + S, my search background is black. Any idea as to why?

Lost desktop background

The thing is I have no spyware; I've done scans with different pieces of software and they all confirm this. The active desktop bit that was removed by Search & Destroy is, I think, a pure Windows thing and I've seen it being listed in Search & Destroy scans on both this and other PCs before.

The thing is that this time I was trying to be clever and pressed "delete" whereas before I just ignored it. I've undone the Active Desktop removal in Search & Destroy and also followed your tips above but it makes no difference - still no desktop background. Any other ideas or do I just wait until the next reformat?

Misiowiec, Feb 25, 2021
Thema:

When I press Win + S, my search background is black. Any idea as to why?

1. When I press Win + S, my search background is black. Any idea as to why? - Similar Threads - press search background

2. When I press S in any search bar it doesn't type s on my pc it makes me select something...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I press S in any search bar it doesn't type s on my pc it makes me select something...: How do I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-press-s-in-any-search-bar-it-doesnt-type-s/2cabd9f2-4b47-46da-97e4-4930ae679a55
  3. When I press S in any search bar it doesn't type s on my pc it makes me select something...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I press S in any search bar it doesn't type s on my pc it makes me select something...: How do I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-press-s-in-any-search-bar-it-doesnt-type-s/2cabd9f2-4b47-46da-97e4-4930ae679a55
  4. I cannot get my laptop out of s mode, any ideas?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I cannot get my laptop out of s mode, any ideas?: I follow the commands, activate windows, go to the store to get out of s mode and the link to the store is broken and does nothing. So I'm looking at a screen saying 'TRY THAT AGAIN' after trying it 100 times I think the link is broken, says below this: Code: 0x80131500...
  5. I cannot get my laptop out of s mode, any ideas?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot get my laptop out of s mode, any ideas?: I follow the commands, activate windows, go to the store to get out of s mode and the link to the store is broken and does nothing. So I'm looking at a screen saying 'TRY THAT AGAIN' after trying it 100 times I think the link is broken, says below this: Code: 0x80131500...
  6. Opening Search with Win+S puts out a black background.

in Cortana
    Opening Search with Win+S puts out a black background.: I have lost track when this issue started but it's been a long standing issue that I hope would get solved somewhere down the line. It's not a big issue too but something that has gone for this long might not have been noticed. You can easily replicate this issue by opening...
  7. Any ideas why I keep BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Any ideas why I keep BSOD: HI, My computer keeps blue screening. The link below has 5 different memory dumps with .txt appended as well as the System event log. https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ah9ZJ7cjGY9shcNFKE8O5bG_1LxhrA?e=0hMGrZ I ran a memory test for 36 hours and everything passed. I ran SFC and...
  8. Any idea why my background suddenly stopped syncing with lock screen?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any idea why my background suddenly stopped syncing with lock screen?: After my last update, first my nightlight stopped working. Then I'm not sure if the background and lock screen stopped at the same time or soon after. One day I noticed that my background was just black. Now the whole thing happens to be running slow as all get out! Any...
  9. Any ideas? Why is this happening?

Any ideas? Why is this happening?: https://reddit.com/link/f4168f/video/jlhxds418zg41/player submitted by /u/iCaff [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f4168f/any_ideas_why_is_this_happening/
  10. my search is broken :( any ideas

my search is broken :( any ideas: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/CrimsonBlossom [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f00c8q/my_search_is_broken_any_ideas/