Windows 10: When I press Windoes key and press power Button it spams Sleep

Discus and support When I press Windoes key and press power Button it spams Sleep in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I have issues with my computer that when I press windows keys and trying to shut off my computer it spams Sleep mode frantically. I have tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Tenko_7, Dec 29, 2019.

1. When I press Windoes key and press power Button it spams Sleep

Hi,

I have issues with my computer that when I press windows keys and trying to shut off my computer it spams Sleep mode frantically. I have tried everything including Virus scan and I cant seem to find a issue.

submitted by /u/Tenko_7
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Tenko_7, Dec 29, 2019
  2. caveman88 Win User

I have to press the Power button to wake up a sleeping PC

This is a desktop PC and this started happening the other day. Added on 12.30.15 this is always after a manually sleep. When I press the enter key or move the mouse, nothing happens. Both devices are hard wired. If I press the power button, it looks like it is rebooting except it does not show all of the usual pages on the display and then I am back to where I was when I put the PC to sleep. I checked the Mouse and Keyboard Power management pages and both have the entry checked to Allow the device the wake the computer.

I do not have Hibernate as a option on this PC.

I am not sure if this started happening immediately after the latest updates on Dec 9 or a day later.

Add-on: I decided to do a shutdown instead of a restart to reset everything. I went to Power>Shutdown. the PC shutdown, the power light went off and THEN the power light came back on and the PC rebooted. I tried it twice and the same thing happened. I also noticed that my remote Toshiba drive which has never connected on a power up of W10 is now recognized and available without my having to pull/insert the power plug. So that is progress.

Stranger yet, I just did a hard shutdown - pressed the power off button. Power light went out THEN power light came back on and it rebooted. I guess my PC no longer wants to do a shutdown.

Any thoughts?

Z

caveman88, Dec 29, 2019
  3. Kreij Win User
    Zippy! Automatic Button Pressing program.

Wouldn't it have been more expedient to ditch the GUI and make Zippy! a hot key activated app?
    (Similar to how TPUCapture works)
    For instance ... Zippy! is running in the background. The user presses a key combo (say Alt-Z) to tell Zippy! to repeat the next key/mouse click it sees until the hot key combo is pressed again?
    So Alt+Z and then left mouse click tells Zippy! to repeat the left mouse click until Alt+Z is pressed again.
    That would completely eliminate the need for profiles.

Just a suggestion for version 2.0 *Wink When I press Windoes key and press power Button it spams Sleep ;)
    As always, good work Ford. Definitely useful with Minecraft. *Toast :toast:

Kreij, Dec 29, 2019
  4. When I press Windoes key and press power Button it spams Sleep

sleep button

Hi,

The previous update you installed could be the cause as to why you encounter this issue. We would like to ask for additional information. Please provide the following:

• Which build of Windows 10 are you using? To know about it, hit
      Start, type Winver and then press
      Enter. You could also press Windows Key + R, type
      Winver into the
      Run dialog and press Enter.
    • Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Can you tell us what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Furthermore, we suggest that you check the Power & sleep settings
    if sleep option is enabled. Here are the steps:

• Go to Search then key in Power & Sleep.
    • On far right, select Additional power settings.
    • Select Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Check the Change settings that are currently unavailable, then tick
      Sleep and Save Changes.
    • If you already ticked it, then un-tick it and Save Changes.
    • Go back and tick it again, then Save Changes.

Looking forward to the requested information and the results of the recommended troubleshooting steps.

PreciousLeb, Dec 29, 2019
Thema:

When I press Windoes key and press power Button it spams Sleep

1. When I press Windoes key and press power Button it spams Sleep - Similar Threads - press Windoes key

2. Power Button pressing by itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power Button pressing by itself: A long time ago, I spilled a bit of liquid into the laptop's keyboard, and because of that some keys stopped working, and one of those affected keys is the power button. Got a new keyboard and all that, the problem is the power button is pressing by itself for maybe a...
  3. Power Button pressing by itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power Button pressing by itself: A long time ago, I spilled a bit of liquid into the laptop's keyboard, and because of that some keys stopped working, and one of those affected keys is the power button. Got a new keyboard and all that, the problem is the power button is pressing by itself for maybe a...
  4. Power Button pressing by itself

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Power supply not On when I press Power Button

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Power supply not On when I press Power Button: I've been facing an issue with my Dell OptiPlex CPU for the past few days, and I'm in need of some expert guidance to find a permanent solution.The problem I'm encountering is that my Dell OptiPlex CPU is not turning on. When I press the power button, the light on the button...
  6. Power supply not On when I press Power Button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power supply not On when I press Power Button: I've been facing an issue with my Dell OptiPlex CPU for the past few days, and I'm in need of some expert guidance to find a permanent solution.The problem I'm encountering is that my Dell OptiPlex CPU is not turning on. When I press the power button, the light on the button...
  7. Power supply not On when I press Power Button

8. Windows Crashes When Pressing The Power Button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Crashes When Pressing The Power Button: Hi,Since Last Month My PC Has Been Crashing With The "KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FALIURE" Error Code.When I Press The Power Button, My Screen Turns Off, Turns Back On, The "Slide To Turn Off Your PC" Appears, And When I Cancel It, I Go To My Desktop It Freezes And BSODs. It Has A...
  9. Windows Crashes When Pressing The Power Button

Windows Crashes When Pressing The Power Button: Hi,Since Last Month My PC Has Been Crashing With The "KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FALIURE" Error Code.When I Press The Power Button, My Screen Turns Off, Turns Back On, The "Slide To Turn Off Your PC" Appears, And When I Cancel It, I Go To My Desktop It Freezes And BSODs. It Has A...
  10. "When I press the power button" is now missing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    "When I press the power button" is now missing: Hi, recently in "choose what the power buttons do", the power button with its distinctive icon is missing and replaced with "when I press the sleep button" see image below . As a result, the power button just starts the computer but has no other use, and I have no sleep...