Windows 10: When I press “windows” key it makes the function of “fn” key and when I press “fn” key it...

Discus and support When I press “windows” key it makes the function of “fn” key and when I press “fn” key it... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I press “windows” key it makes the function of “fn” key and when I press “fn” key it makes the function of “windows” key. What can I do?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by externo 55, Aug 17, 2022.

1. When I press “windows” key it makes the function of “fn” key and when I press “fn” key it...

When I press “windows” key it makes the function of “fn” key and when I press “fn” key it makes the function of “windows” key. What can I do?

:)

externo 55, Aug 17, 2022

2. FN key always on

To clarify, I was saying "Accessibility" features maybe be controlled via the BIOS, not the Fn keys. And one of the Accessibility features makes the keys "sticky". This allows folks with some disabilities to press, for example, the Ctrl key, then the Alt key, and then Del in sequence instead of all at once. Same with the Fn key. The sticky feature would let you first press the Fn key, and then the F9 key (for example) and not Fn + F9 at the same time to enable/disable whatever Fn + F9 does with that notebook (it is the touchpad on my Toshiba).

Bill_Bright, Aug 17, 2022
  3. 5DVX0130 Win User
    FN key always on

If you press “Num Lock" (might also be labeled "Num Lk”) (I’ve also seen it labeled “Pad Lock” for numeric Pad) it turns on the blue keys, and inverts the meaning of the “Fn” key – it’s a way to use that embedded numeric keypad without having to hold down the “Fn” key the entire time. To fix it, just find and press the “Num Lock” or “Pad Lock” key again. (Note, sometimes these keys are themselves “Fn” keys, so you may, or may not, need to also hold down the “Fn” key to get the right function.) Often there is an indicator light associated with the setting.

5DVX0130, Aug 17, 2022
  4. When I press “windows” key it makes the function of “fn” key and when I press “fn” key it...

FN key always on

Are you sure it is not a mechanical issue with the key's switch?

Check also the notebook's "Accessibility" features. These make the Fn key a "sticky" key so folks with disabilities don't have to press the Fn key and another key simultaneously. This may be in the BIOS but it may also be in notebook's own software that loads at boot. And the OS itself will have some "accessibility" functions. On my Toshiba, the default is for the "Sticky Fn" key to automatically unstick after a couple seconds but there is an option in the menu to disable the automatic unstick feature - meaning it stays "pressed" indefinitely.

Last, if this notebook's OS has been updated, you might check the notebook's webpage for driver updates.

Bill_Bright, Aug 17, 2022
Thema:

When I press “windows” key it makes the function of “fn” key and when I press “fn” key it...

1. When I press “windows” key it makes the function of “fn” key and when I press “fn” key it... - Similar Threads - press “windows” key

2. I want to make my fn keys work without pressing along fn key

in Windows 10 Customization
    I want to make my fn keys work without pressing along fn key: Hey, I am using a windows 10 pc which have a gigabyte h81M-S motherboard, so i recently changed my keyboard from dell to quantum and my function keys now only work with pressing fn with it, this keyboard doesnt have fn unlock. I want to make these keys pressed without...
  3. I want to make my fn keys work without pressing along fn key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to make my fn keys work without pressing along fn key: Hey, I am using a windows 10 pc which have a gigabyte h81M-S motherboard, so i recently changed my keyboard from dell to quantum and my function keys now only work with pressing fn with it, this keyboard doesnt have fn unlock. I want to make these keys pressed without...
  4. I want to make my fn keys work without pressing along fn key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Whenever I press the FN key, the function keys don't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever I press the FN key, the function keys don't work: My function keys on my USB keyboard don't work whenever I press "fn". e.g I can press F2 to change a file's name and it works just fine, but if I press fn + F2 to lower the volume, it doesn't work, and it's the same for the rest of the function keys, they work all just fine...
  6. Whenever I press the FN key, the function keys don't work

Whenever I press the FN key, the function keys don't work: My function keys on my USB keyboard don't work whenever I press "fn". e.g I can press F2 to change a file's name and it works just fine, but if I press fn + F2 to lower the volume, it doesn't work, and it's the same for the rest of the function keys, they work all just fine...
  7. Soacebar is disabled when FN key is pressed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Soacebar is disabled when FN key is pressed: When FN key is pressed spacebar is disabled. No other key is disabled. Cannot test with external keyboard since external keyboards don't have the fn key they don't need it since their function keys work properly. Checked the keyboard layout and it's correctly set to...
  8. Soacebar is disabled when FN key is pressed

Soacebar is disabled when FN key is pressed: When FN key is pressed spacebar is disabled. No other key is disabled. Cannot test with external keyboard since external keyboards don't have the fn key they don't need it since their function keys work properly. Checked the keyboard layout and it's correctly set to...
  9. When I press “windows” key it makes the function of “fn” key and when I press “fn” key it...

When I press “windows” key it makes the function of “fn” key and when I press “fn” key it...: When I press “windows” key it makes the function of “fn” key and when I press “fn” key it makes the function of “windows” key. What can I do?...
  10. No effect upon pressing <fn> and a function key

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No effect upon pressing <fn> and a function key: I have an ASUS laptop, K52JC, it used to perform certain function when combination of <fn> key and a function key are pressed simultaneously. For example - Pressing <fn> and <F10> simultaneously will mute the sound Pressing <fn> and <F11> simultaneously will decrease...