Windows 10: When i presse the power button the pc doesn't start.

Discus and support When i presse the power button the pc doesn't start. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi I have mouved my composant to another box and i changes the motherboard and the power suplie when i try to boot it it does nothing. The only way... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Fireno, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Fireno Win User

When i presse the power button the pc doesn't start.

Hi

I have mouved my composant to another box and i changes the motherboard and the power suplie when i try to boot it it does nothing. The only way to boot it is press the power sw botton on my motherboard.

:)

Fireno, Oct 21, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

When i presse the power button the pc doesn't start. [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Oct 21, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    PC doesn't power down after holding power button for 4 seconds

The power button on a PC is temporary push switch. It makes contact as long as you hold the button down. Quick press and release triggers a smart relay on the MB to turn on or off, depending on default or OS state, such as cold on, sleep on, turn off, sleep off, etc. Holding the button down for a long time is a default hardware power kill switch. If it's not working, suspect the MB. Reset the BIOS is a good suggestion, but prolly won't work.

Sasqui, Oct 21, 2020
  4. Jetster Win User

PC doesn't power down after holding power button for 4 seconds

Holding the power button is not the proper way to power down. It's a hard power off on some but not all PCs (just like pulling the power cord)
    Pushing it one time should power it down. Just as the start/shut down does from the desktop (does it power off from the desktop?)

List the complete specs. If its the hard drive you can check the smart data
    Sometime a PC will hang on shutdown from programs that lock up

Jetster, Oct 21, 2020
Thema:

1. When i presse the power button the pc doesn't start. - Similar Threads - presse power button

2. Power supply not On when I press Power Button

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Power supply not On when I press Power Button: I've been facing an issue with my Dell OptiPlex CPU for the past few days, and I'm in need of some expert guidance to find a permanent solution.The problem I'm encountering is that my Dell OptiPlex CPU is not turning on. When I press the power button, the light on the button...
  3. Power supply not On when I press Power Button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power supply not On when I press Power Button: I've been facing an issue with my Dell OptiPlex CPU for the past few days, and I'm in need of some expert guidance to find a permanent solution.The problem I'm encountering is that my Dell OptiPlex CPU is not turning on. When I press the power button, the light on the button...
  4. Power supply not On when I press Power Button

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Crashes When Pressing The Power Button

Windows Crashes When Pressing The Power Button: Hi,Since Last Month My PC Has Been Crashing With The "KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FALIURE" Error Code.When I Press The Power Button, My Screen Turns Off, Turns Back On, The "Slide To Turn Off Your PC" Appears, And When I Cancel It, I Go To My Desktop It Freezes And BSODs. It Has A...
  6. When I switched the power switch my PC automatic start without press the power button of PC

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    When I switched the power switch my PC automatic start without press the power button of PC: When I switched the power switch my PC automatic start without press the power button of PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-switched-the-power-switch-my-pc-automatic/5aef23f4-2113-4d62-99e1-e6bb50187611
  7. When I switched the power switch my PC automatic start without press the power button of PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I switched the power switch my PC automatic start without press the power button of PC: When I switched the power switch my PC automatic start without press the power button of PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-switched-the-power-switch-my-pc-automatic/5aef23f4-2113-4d62-99e1-e6bb50187611
  8. When I switched the power switch my PC automatic start without press the power button of PC

9. "When I press the power button" is now missing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    "When I press the power button" is now missing: Hi, recently in "choose what the power buttons do", the power button with its distinctive icon is missing and replaced with "when I press the sleep button" see image below . As a result, the power button just starts the computer but has no other use, and I have no sleep...
  10. PC fan doesn't stop after sleep by pressing power button

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC fan doesn't stop after sleep by pressing power button: So usually when you sleep by pressing the power button the fan should stop and not be wokring butt for some reason it doesn't. if i try to reopen the pc and close it again it usually will stop though submitted by /u/Hedts [link] [comments]...