Windows 10: When I previous drew things in Excel, I found it very easy

Discus and support When I previous drew things in Excel, I found it very easy in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; but drawing in previous versions of Excel was MUCH easier than trying to do so in Windows 10. As an example, try to draw a horizontal line that is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TemporaryUser0101, Dec 3, 2022.

1. When I previous drew things in Excel, I found it very easy

but drawing in previous versions of Excel was MUCH easier than trying to do so in Windows 10. As an example, try to draw a horizontal line that is perfectly horizontal with both ends on the same plane. It is nearly impossible, or at the least, it seems to be for me and I do not understand why. Presently I am trying to draw figures showing a water tank for a well system including the pipe coming into the tank as well as the bladder inside of the tank. I need a horizontal line roughly 1/16". The first one I drew, as I drew it looked perfectly horizontal until I released the mouse and then the

:)

TemporaryUser0101, Dec 3, 2022
  2. Akumos Win User

Is there an easy way to do this in Excel?

Hi All

I have an excel sheet and wondered if there was an easy way to achive this:

The left column has employee numbers, the right column lists pay. Sometimes, an employee has more than one pay, so it lists directly underneath (without displaying the employee number again). I want the pays for each employee to add up and remove the space below. Is this possible? Thanks for looking. On the left is my original table, on the right is how i want it to appear:

When I previous drew things in Excel, I found it very easy OgNuQ0u.png
    |
    When I previous drew things in Excel, I found it very easy vtVZNVC.png

Akumos, Dec 3, 2022
  3. Word, Excel and Adobe wont print

Hi Valerie,

To provide better assistance, we need you to answer the following questions:

• Does this issue happen to all of your Word and Excel files, or the issue is it limited to a particular file?
    • What is the exact error message that you've encountered?
    • Have you made any changes on your computer before you experience this issue?
    In the meantime, we suggest that you run the Microsoft easy fix. Click on
    Troubleshoot problems with devices and printers to run the diagnostics.
    The link provides information about how Microsoft easy fix works and steps on how to use it.

We are waiting for your response.

Darleen Pen, Dec 3, 2022
  4. Try3 Win User

When I previous drew things in Excel, I found it very easy

Help needed with Excel Attendance Sheet

You use the Data tab, Data validation facility to do this.

If you want a coherent explanation then look in Excel Help. Here's the relevant extract from Excel 2007 Help. Excel 2007 Help - Data Validation.pdf

My example:
    - I have written them in what seems to me to be the order of easiest explanation.
    - You'd actually set them up in the reverse order - step 3, step 2, step 1.

1 The result - my dropdown list. I select the cell then click on the dropdown arrow that appears next to it.

When I previous drew things in Excel, I found it very easy [​IMG]

2 To set this up, select the whole column [or individual cells] where you want the dropdown to appear then click on the Data tab then the Data validation control. You need to
    - select In-cell dropdown
    - set the Allow entry to List
    - in Source, enter the worksheet name & cell range where you have written the allowable entries - you will generally want to use absolute cell references such as those shown [$ in a cell address means absolute and will not vary as you copy the formula all the way down your column - look this up if you are not familiar with it because it needs a bit of getting used to].

3 Write out the list of allowable entries that will appear in your dropdown list.

Job done.

Denis

Try3, Dec 3, 2022
Thema:

When I previous drew things in Excel, I found it very easy

1. When I previous drew things in Excel, I found it very easy - Similar Threads - previous drew things

2. when I went to my PC this morning i found it was very sluggish, It looks like auto...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    when I went to my PC this morning i found it was very sluggish, It looks like auto...: Woke up this morning and found my PC running very slow.When using office 365 I have to wait for the software to catch up, windows behaves the same.Microsoft auto installed software updates last night, something has happened to my PC since then.PLEASE HELP as I have not been...
  3. When I previous drew things in Excel, I found it very easy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I previous drew things in Excel, I found it very easy: but drawing in previous versions of Excel was MUCH easier than trying to do so in Windows 10. As an example, try to draw a horizontal line that is perfectly horizontal with both ends on the same plane. It is nearly impossible, or at the least, it seems to be for me and I do...
  4. When I previous drew things in Excel, I found it very easy

When I previous drew things in Excel, I found it very easy: but drawing in previous versions of Excel was MUCH easier than trying to do so in Windows 10. As an example, try to draw a horizontal line that is perfectly horizontal with both ends on the same plane. It is nearly impossible, or at the least, it seems to be for me and I do...
  5. How can I found my previous questions?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I found my previous questions?: How can I found my previous questions? I have deleted my emails. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-found-my-previous-questions/f6f4a00a-2dce-44e9-bc13-2cf5a929a6f3
  6. How can I found my previous questions?

How can I found my previous questions?: How can I found my previous questions? I have deleted my emails. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-found-my-previous-questions/f6f4a00a-2dce-44e9-bc13-2cf5a929a6f3
  7. Make things easy

in Windows 10 Customization
    Make things easy: Spending a good chunk of your life using Start is way overrated; make the always-at-your-fingertips taskbar your focus... Tip #927: Pin Settings and This PC icons to the taskbar and make use of the Applications window Jumplist. [ATTACH] AND [ATTACH] -->[ATTACH] Cheers, Drew...
  8. drew this is when I had more free time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    drew this is when I had more free time: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Fazlul101 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fextt2/drew_this_is_when_i_had_more_free_time/
  9. I found the Category, Windows version and Windows topic very easy.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I found the Category, Windows version and Windows topic very easy.: For the **** life of it this Windows 10 is a total piece of ****. There is not a single thing that works with the system and this system does not work with anything. These stupid **** developers either didn't start or never even finished a single task for this operating...
  10. excel file not found

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    excel file not found: I have an excel file I can see on my jump drive G It will not open the error message is Sorry, we couldn't find G:\2014-2019 SMILEYS.xlsx. Is it possible it was moved, renamed or deleted? How do I get into this file?...