Windows 10: When I push the Power button in sleep mode, the system Restarts

Discus and support When I push the Power button in sleep mode, the system Restarts in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I've tried to find any forum data that might fix this rather strange problem, to no avail. Sorry if I missed something specific to this situation. A... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by b4ab, Jun 11, 2019.

1. b4ab Win User

When I push the Power button in sleep mode, the system Restarts

I've tried to find any forum data that might fix this rather strange problem, to no avail. Sorry if I missed something specific to this situation.

A couple days ago we experienced a power outage, and afterward my Dell desktop restarts (instead of just powering up) when I push the power button after the computer has gone into sleep mode. In addition the power up after restart is really slow, taking 2 or 3 minutes just to start the monitor.

I've tried advanced troubleshooting (restarting with Shift key) and that program indicated it could not fix the problem. I of course tried the Power Troubleshooter from the control panel and it could find no problem to fix. I also have the latest bios from Dell, but Dell support would not let me reinstall the bios since it was already in place. (I wonder if the power surge changed something in the bios.) I also checked to make sure the power sharing option in PCI (?right listing) was off.

Dell 8700, i7 processor, 24gb of RAM, Windows 1809 Pro, recently updated all the drivers as I was having another problem (now resolved.)

Thanks for you help!

:)

2. Restarting laptop from sleep mode.

When laptop is in sleep mode it will not turn on simply by tapping any key. I have to restart by pushing the power button. Why won't it restart when in sleep mode by simply touching any key on the key board?

Floyd Mallory, Jun 11, 2019
  3. [Win10][Intel]Can't wake-up a system in Sleep mode, and then when i press Power button, system will force to restart

Dear Sir,

[Symptom] Can't wake-up a system in Sleep mode, and when i press Power button, system will force to restart

it has failure rate: 3/10

This issue can reproduce in many intel chipset, like intel X99, B250, Z270

Steps: S3/S4 → Wakeup with USB mouse → Press power button → will force system to restart

Try to do the following troubleshooting steps from ASUS suggestions, still not work:

1、Disable Fast Startup option in "Control Panel"

2、Confirm the Erp Ready setting is Disabled in BIOS setting

3、Confirm usb keyboard can wakeup system in sleep mode

4、Disable ‘Intel(R) Management Engine Interface’

(Refer microsoft KB FAQ. 升級到Windows 10後 ,如何解決休 /睡 模式問題? [Notebook] How to solve Hibernation/Sleep issue after upgrading to Windows 10 ? | Official Support | ASUS Global

[System Information]

1. Windows 10x64 RS2/RS3

2. ASUS X99- WS/IPMI (Intel X99)

3. Intel Management Engine Interface driver version: 11.0.0.1172 (Use Windows update, it says it's the best suitable driver version )

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures]

Kelly Chen (kelly.chen), Jun 11, 2019
  4. Ruz San Win User

No off button when in sleep mode

Hi Larry,

This may be caused by missing or corrupted system files on your laptop. We'd like to know a few things to know what suggestion will work best for you. Please answer the following questions:

• Do you see the other options on the screen when you wake your laptop from sleep?
    • Do you see the power button on the sign-in page when you boot up the device?

We suggest you run the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files that may have caused the power button to disappear. You can click this

link
    to know how the tool works and how you can use it on your laptop. Restart your device afterwards and see if the problem will still be present.

If you still encounter the issue, see this
    page
    for the next steps. Follow DavidBaker85's suggestions.

We hope the recommendations above bring back the power button on your laptop's sign-in page.

Regards.

Ruz San, Jun 11, 2019
Thema:

1. When I push the Power button in sleep mode, the system Restarts - Similar Threads - push Power button

2. Sleep mode and power button isn't working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep mode and power button isn't working: For some reason the power button/ sleep mode doesn't want to actually turn off the computer. It turns off the monitor for a second and then just turns it back on on the lock screen 2 seconds after and no matter how many times I press the power button or try to turn it to...
  3. Sleep mode and power button isn't working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep mode and power button isn't working: For some reason the power button/ sleep mode doesn't want to actually turn off the computer. It turns off the monitor for a second and then just turns it back on on the lock screen 2 seconds after and no matter how many times I press the power button or try to turn it to...
  4. System restarts when resuming from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System restarts when resuming from sleep mode: For several weeks, I have experienced an issue where I press the power button to resume from sleep mode in Windows 11, but nothing appears on the screen even though the computer is on. I then press the power button again, and the computer either turns off or restarts. In the...
  5. System restarts when resuming from sleep mode

System restarts when resuming from sleep mode: For several weeks, I have experienced an issue where I press the power button to resume from sleep mode in Windows 11, but nothing appears on the screen even though the computer is on. I then press the power button again, and the computer either turns off or restarts. In the...
  6. Start application when I push power button?

Start application when I push power button?: Hello, I want to start application when I push the power button of my computer. It was possible on XP and Vista, this functionality seems to have been dropped since windows 7. Is there a way to hack windows 10 to get back this functionality? Thank you very much 175846
  7. Start application when I push power button?

in Windows 10 Support
    Start application when I push power button?: Hello, I want to start application when I push the power button of my computer. It was possible on XP and Vista, this functionality seems to have been dropped since windows 7. Is there a way to hack windows 10 to get back this functionality? Thank you very much 175846
  8. When i press the power button in the start menu only the options sleep and restart are...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When i press the power button in the start menu only the options sleep and restart are...: Ive searched google for like 2 hours but couldn't find anything that fixed it submitted by /u/kiram3ki [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lrq9uj/when_i_press_the_power_button_in_the_start_menu/
  9. Laptop power button doesn't go into sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop power button doesn't go into sleep mode: In control panel, everything is set to sleep. The power button, sleep button or when I close the laptop, it is set to "sleep". Everything works fine but the power button. Fn + F4 buttons is set as the "sleep button" and it works every time I do it, also closing the laptop...
  10. Beeping about a minute when power button pushed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Beeping about a minute when power button pushed: After about a minute boots up and runs as normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/beeping-about-a-minute-when-power-button-pushed/3875f80d-4310-44a2-8960-e8b8c3ac8f6d

Users found this page by searching for:

1. system restarts when put on sleep

2. sysem restart when in sleep mode

3. system restart when in sleep mode