Windows 10: when i put items in favoites they disappear

Discus and support when i put items in favoites they disappear in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; when I place items to read later on they disappear.please help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by carolmckenzieSZ, Jul 16, 2019.

1. when i put items in favoites they disappear

when I place items to read later on they disappear.please help

:)

carolmckenzieSZ, Jul 16, 2019
  2. Def8er Win User

Quick Access dropdown items disappeared

Hello everyone,
    I finally gave up trying various solutions suggested by strangers on the internet and instead ask about my specific problem.
    I wasn't doing anything out of the ordinary this morning when I noticed that some, but not all, pinned items in my quick access sidebar have disappeared but were still visible in the folder. Reboot didn't fix that and then I lost a restore point by creating a custom one (apparently I can have only one restore point...).

Then I checked my registry for IsShortcut which was present, so I deleted it and made it again, still nothing.
    Then I followed some advice to clear my jump lists the Win7 way (option 3) and ended up with the Quick Access entirely broken.

I can still see all the pinned items in the quick access folder, but it doesn't expand in the sidebar. The arrow right next to the icon is present till I click on it. Then it just disappears.

I am open to any ideas at this point. I use quick access a lot but I'd prefer not to do a factory reset for that. Oh why isn't there a registry/permissions fix tool for Win...
    Thank you everyone

Solved: the problem fixed itself after a bunch of random logouts, shutdowns and reboots, sorry to disappoint those with similar issues. Oh and I also removed all the contents of the Quick Access folder and after a few reboots pinned a single library (documents iirc) back

Def8er, Jul 17, 2019
  3. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Jul 17, 2019
  4. when i put items in favoites they disappear

Taskbar doesn't disappear when entering fullscreen

I tried the Ctrl-Alt-Del and found Windows Explorer. Unfortunately, I didn't choose Restart; I killed the process. (didn't read the instructions well enough!) :-/ ... I did eventually find a way to Restart Windows Explorer, but the problem (disappearing Task bar not disappearing/reappearing as it should/used to) did not solve itself. I then RESTARTED the PC. Still not fixed.

So, I found another answer from microsoft and followed those steps. It worked! (needed the display driver updated.)

Here's that set of instructions:

I suggest you to try updating the Display Adapter drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to update the Display driver:

Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    Restart the computer after its updated and verify.

Also try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest chipset and display drivers for your computer and install the same.

paisanoglen, Jul 17, 2019
Thema:

when i put items in favoites they disappear

1. when i put items in favoites they disappear - Similar Threads - put items favoites

2. Screen items disappearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen items disappearing: Sometimes the screen flickers and everything in a popup disappears. And only reappears when we hover over the blank space where the items were. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-items-disappearing/51f0a196-871a-4f8e-8db6-5887a882a5f5
  3. Screen items disappearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen items disappearing: Sometimes the screen flickers and everything in a popup disappears. And only reappears when we hover over the blank space where the items were. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-items-disappearing/51f0a196-871a-4f8e-8db6-5887a882a5f5
  4. When using Paint, when I copy an item, every first instance keeps disappearing unless I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When using Paint, when I copy an item, every first instance keeps disappearing unless I...: I've worked in sprite work for some years now and recently got a new computer, the paint program keeps deleting what I copy unless I flip the selection otherwise it will disappear and I have to paste it all over again, what is wrong with it?...
  5. When using Paint, when I copy an item, every first instance keeps disappearing unless I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When using Paint, when I copy an item, every first instance keeps disappearing unless I...: I've worked in sprite work for some years now and recently got a new computer, the paint program keeps deleting what I copy unless I flip the selection otherwise it will disappear and I have to paste it all over again, what is wrong with it?...
  6. Items pinned to Taskbar disappear

in Windows 10 Customization
    Items pinned to Taskbar disappear: Windows 10 Pro 20H2 OS Build 19042.630 Pinned apps Messenger and Skype do not stay pinned to taskbar Re-pinned several times, but disappear after next re-boot Other pinned apps remain pinned, no issues Other apps pinned BEFORE the update remain pinned, no issues All...
  7. My Calendar items have disappeared

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Calendar items have disappeared: After installing Windows 10 version 1903 yesterday virtually all of my entries in My Calendar have disappeared. Unfortunately I hadn't backed them up, so this was the only source I had for past and future appointments. They weren't syncing to iCloud, although it seems I can...
  8. Pinned items disappear in start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pinned items disappear in start menu: I'm facing a problem recently. I pinned some softwares in start menu. But when I turned on my PC again, I saw that they are missing !!! I've pinned again and they disappeared again Would you like to tell me that what's the problem and how can I fix it?...
  9. Right click on Start menu item, item disappears

in Windows 10 Support
    Right click on Start menu item, item disappears: A reinstall of Insider Preview. If I click on "Start", scroll to a program, Outlook, for example, when I right click the Start menu disappears.Happens with any Program, App, that I click on. There's sort of a 1 second delay before its gone. Ran an sfc /scannow and found...
  10. Quick Access dropdown items disappeared

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Access dropdown items disappeared: Hello everyone, I finally gave up trying various solutions suggested by strangers on the internet and instead ask about my specific problem. I wasn't doing anything out of the ordinary this morning when I noticed that some, but not all, pinned items in my quick access...