Windows 10: when i put pc to sleep it comes on later, why?

Discus and support when i put pc to sleep it comes on later, why? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When I put PC to sleep it comes back on. Why?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by doug3by, Oct 16, 2019.

1. doug3by Win User

when i put pc to sleep it comes on later, why?

When I put PC to sleep it comes back on. Why?

:)

doug3by, Oct 16, 2019

2. Sleep issues with Windows

Hi,

I understand the issue that you are currently facing, we will try the best we can to resolve your issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if that resolves the issue.

* Right-click on Start and Select Command Prompt (Admin)
    from context Menu

* Type or Copy/Paste the below commands into it and hit Enter key

powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

• By executing this command, it will bring up all the device list that are configued to wake up your PC from sleep. Now it time to find the device which made you PC to come out of the sleep lastly. Go and execute second command
      now.
    powercfg /lastwake

• This will bring up the details of the device that made your PC to come out of the sleep lastly. Now go to the particular device properties and make changes accordingly to preventing that particular device to wake your PC from sleep.

Please get back to us with status so that we can assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Oct 16, 2019
  3. My monitor goes to sleep as normal but later the backlight on the monitor comes on.

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with Windows 10.

I do appreciate your efforts and time, and will assist you with the issue.

Please follow the methods mentioned below:

Method 1: Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Select on Control Panel.
    • Click on Power Options. On the left, click on "Choose what closing the lid does". Click on the drop down menu for "When I close the lid" and choose "Sleep" or "Hibernate.

Method 2: I suggest you to run in-built Power troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the left pane, click on
      View All.
    • Click on Power to run the troubleshooter.

Method 3: If the above method doesn’t help, I would suggest you to
    reset and restore all of the default Power Plans back with their default settings. Follow the steps.

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg -restoredefaultschemes, and then press
      ENTER.
    • At the command prompt, type exit to exit the Command Prompt window.
    • Restart the computer and check with the issue.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Oct 16, 2019
  4. when i put pc to sleep it comes on later, why?

Sleep

Hi,

This may happen due to its power plan. A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings that manages how computers use and conserve power. For this, we suggest that you reset and restore power plans to its default. kindly follow these steps:

• Open the Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste the command below into the command prompt, and press
      Enter
      :
      • powercfg -restoredefaultschemes
    • Close the Command Prompt window, and then restart your PC to apply the changes.

After that, go to Power & sleep settings
    by typing it into the Windows Search. Check the When plugged in, PC goes to sleep after
    settings is set to Never.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve the issue.

Janeane Cru, Oct 16, 2019
Thema:

when i put pc to sleep it comes on later, why?

1. when i put pc to sleep it comes on later, why? - Similar Threads - put sleep comes

2. Pc shuts off when i put it to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Pc shuts off when i put it to sleep: This problem recently started where when I click to sleep on my pc, all the lights will stay on and the fans will run for a few minutes before they stop, and then when I turn it back on, it’s restarts, meaning my pc shut down instead of sleeping. I sometimes get a blue screen...
  3. Pc shuts off when i put it to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc shuts off when i put it to sleep: This problem recently started where when I click to sleep on my pc, all the lights will stay on and the fans will run for a few minutes before they stop, and then when I turn it back on, it’s restarts, meaning my pc shut down instead of sleeping. I sometimes get a blue screen...
  4. Pc shuts off when i put it to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Computer crashes when I put it to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashes when I put it to sleep: So I usually put my pc to sleep using the win+x menu, but lately, I've noticed that my PC will turn itself off before it actually goes to sleep. The screen turns black and the PC tower will run for about 5 minutes before shutting down. When I check the event logs this is what...
  6. Computer crashes when I put it to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer crashes when I put it to sleep: So I usually put my pc to sleep using the win+x menu, but lately, I've noticed that my PC will turn itself off before it actually goes to sleep. The screen turns black and the PC tower will run for about 5 minutes before shutting down. When I check the event logs this is what...
  7. PC shuts down when put to sleep

PC shuts down when put to sleep: Hello all,Whenever I try to put my PC to sleep, it seems to shut all the way down. But it turns back on when I move my mouse, I don't have to touch the power button, and I get a 'windows was not shut down correctly' error in Reliability History. I suspect it is corrupted...
  8. why when i put my pc to sleep it wakes right back up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    why when i put my pc to sleep it wakes right back up: I don't understand I put my pc to sleep and like 10 mins or randomly it just wakes back up like wtf submitted by /u/Riboflavin122 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jylnmc/why_when_i_put_my_pc_to_sleep_it_wakes_right_back/
  9. When I set my computer to sleep, and come back to it later, sometimes the date and time...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When I set my computer to sleep, and come back to it later, sometimes the date and time...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/M1GarandDad [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f4w6jo/when_i_set_my_computer_to_sleep_and_come_back_to/
  10. Why does my desktop computer come back on after I put it to sleep?

Why does my desktop computer come back on after I put it to sleep?: Why does my desktop computer come back on after I put it to sleep? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-desktop-computer-come-back-on-after-i/df2317ee-73f7-446d-8d54-de90b2935cd5

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i put my monitor to sleep but it comes back on