Windows 10: When i request the Bitlocker Recovery for a laptop, Microsoft sent me the code for a...

Discus and support When i request the Bitlocker Recovery for a laptop, Microsoft sent me the code for a... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My Windows 10 stopping working and miss the boot disk, so the Windows not launch any more. I'm created the Windows ISO image to repair the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by diegogoncalves18, Mar 6, 2019.

1. When i request the Bitlocker Recovery for a laptop, Microsoft sent me the code for a...

My Windows 10 stopping working and miss the boot disk, so the Windows not launch any more. I'm created the Windows ISO image to repair the initialization, but my disk was protected by Bitlocker, and the Windows require my Recovery Key to avoid start the repairing.

But unexpected issue happing: when i logging on my Microsoft account to request my Bitlocker recovery key, the Microsoft show me the recovery key for different product and different KEY ID that i was provide and request and logged in.

I was talk with an Microsoft Answer Technician and the Technican told me that they can't do anything (by security policy) and told me to find any local technician to help me (unauthorized Microsoft, because on my country there's no authorized technician to help me), because the Support Team of Microsoft that should help the customer has no access to solve the issue.

My point of view, is frustrated to a client to buy a solution and when need to use is not working, because company make a mistake at system, the customer has no solution, and should assume the issue.

Anyone have any ideia how can i solve it?

I'm request the Bitlocker recovery for a laptop, and after all account steps confirmation, Microsoft sent me the code for a Tablet, different products and different Products KEY ID.

:)

diegogoncalves18, Mar 6, 2019

2. Bitlocker recovery key

Hello,

I'm the IT user-support person in a company and I have this issue with a corporate laptop (belong to a domain & Active Directory):

I received from a user his laptop "dead" (no power-on, nothing to start-it). Accordingly to company security policies I deliver the laptop in service with another blank disk (the same SSD type) because the original one contained data.

After receiving the fixed laptop from service, I changed back the disks by putting the original one at it place.

Now, it occur the issue: at first step of booting it request the Bitlocker recovery key because the disk was bitlocker encrypted before.

The bad-luck is that I don't have this Bitlocker recovery key nowhere: on the printed paper, USB memory stick and not even on the Active Directory.

Is strange, because ussually, the other workstations (laptops with bitlocker activated) have this information on Active Directory.

Maybe because of a possible cause: the laptop owner use to work at home with the laptop and the Active Directory didn't synchronized the information related to Bitlocker recovery key (like for other laptop used in LAN).

I have the "Recovery key ID" on the blue screen for the laptop but is useless because I cannot find the "Bitlocker recovery key" on Active Directory using it.

What do you suggest to do in this case?

Many thanks for any advice and answer.

Mircea Dumitrescu.

Mircea Dumitrescu (mdumitre), Mar 6, 2019
  3. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Mar 6, 2019
  4. When i request the Bitlocker Recovery for a laptop, Microsoft sent me the code for a...

BitLocker Recovery Key request

Have found my BitLocker Recovery Key and input. All good. Turn off Surface Pro3 and then turn on again and the request for the BitLocker Recovery Key comes up again? Why does this continue to come up?

HarrySpacie, Mar 6, 2019
Thema:

When i request the Bitlocker Recovery for a laptop, Microsoft sent me the code for a...

1. When i request the Bitlocker Recovery for a laptop, Microsoft sent me the code for a... - Similar Threads - request Bitlocker Recovery

2. URGENT HELP REQUESTED - BITLOCKER RECOVERY KEY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    URGENT HELP REQUESTED - BITLOCKER RECOVERY KEY: I have an HP Pavilion dv7 running Win 10 Pro. This weekend during a storm the computer died and will not restart. I took it to a local shop where of course they asked for the Bitlocker recovery key. My MS Acct shows that MS cannot locate the device and the 'Manage recovery...
  3. Microsoft "sent" me this very lengthy recovery code of 25 alpha and number characters. Do...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft "sent" me this very lengthy recovery code of 25 alpha and number characters. Do...: Help please. 'Appears' I got Hacked June 1, 2022. Ran Norton and IOLO, neither full scan found anything they had to clean out; all seems to be back in order. My Windows Services are all running. I do see Unsuccessful Tries in My Account Activity; that has been going on since...
  4. Microsoft "sent" me this very lengthy recovery code of 25 alpha and number characters. Do...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft "sent" me this very lengthy recovery code of 25 alpha and number characters. Do...: Help please. 'Appears' I got Hacked June 1, 2022. Ran Norton and IOLO, neither full scan found anything they had to clean out; all seems to be back in order. My Windows Services are all running. I do see Unsuccessful Tries in My Account Activity; that has been going on since...
  5. Bitlocker recovery Key Always Requested on Startup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker recovery Key Always Requested on Startup: I am always asked for my bitlocker recovery key when my Win 10 PC boots. I do knpw my recovery code and when I enter it, the boot continues normally. I would like to eliminate the need to enter my recovery code every time, so please tell me how to eliminate it....
  6. BitLocker code recovery

BitLocker code recovery: Hello, I have a pc which was signed in to my microsoft account. The microsoft account does not exists today. Once using my pc, it got stuck in the automatic repair loop. I asked a person who repairs pc. He said that you have to enter the BitLocker key. I have not entered any...
  7. EMERGENCY: Bitlocker recovery, Laptop wants me to Enter recovery key

EMERGENCY: Bitlocker recovery, Laptop wants me to Enter recovery key: Today, when I came home my Laptop (hp eny x360) was asking me to enter a bitlocker recovery key. I looked at my Microsoft account on my phone and it says that I didnt upload a recovery key. I really need the files on my Laptop because I need to submit my Master Thesis on...
  8. Bitlocker recovery code

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bitlocker recovery code: Why am I being asked to provide a Bitlocker recovery key, and how do I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-recovery-code/be91456c-c747-46c0-9829-78fefc527f6d
  9. Random Bitlocker Recovery Code Requests

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random Bitlocker Recovery Code Requests: My surface book 2 has asked me 4 times (in 6 months) for it's bitlocker recovery code for no apparent reason. How can I stop this happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/random-bitlocker-recovery-code-requests/e4523205-2471-4042-b4e8-f0d6b8fc43fb
  10. In the Microsoft Edge 42.17134.1.0, when a POST request is sent, a same GET request is sent...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    In the Microsoft Edge 42.17134.1.0, when a POST request is sent, a same GET request is sent...: In the Microsoft Edge 42.17134.1.0, when a POST request is sent, a same GET request is sent too. But in the other browers, only one POST request is sent....