Windows 10: When I restart my computer I get this error message, and apps like photos, the calculator,...

Discus and support When I restart my computer I get this error message, and apps like photos, the calculator,... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Kiowa_Ott [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/moh4rj/when_i_restart_my_computer_i_get_this_error/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Kiowa_Ott, Apr 10, 2021.

1. When I restart my computer I get this error message, and apps like photos, the calculator,...

/u/Kiowa_Ott, Apr 10, 2021
  2. Chris8875 Win User

Loss of Store, Calculator, People App, Photo App in Windows 10

OK, so I've tried both suggestions above from Brink

The first one: Apps - Reinstall and Re-register in Windows 8 and 10 - zoomed through as per the pictures shown in the link. Got to the end, showed this screen

When I restart my computer I get this error message, and apps like photos, the calculator,... [​IMG]

Went back, tried to open the apps in question - no change.

Second option - Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - I went to the site as directed, downloaded the link to the app, hit YES at the UAC and it didn't do any updating at all. It came up immediately that my copy of Windows was up to date and directed me to exit. No change, nothing fixed.

However, I have taken a second screenshot as below. You'll see on the left in the apps list there's a whole heap of apps which don't work (under my profile, no-one elses) listed under "Other" with codes and what seem to be error messages beside them (they look like package IDs to me, but anyway) . You'll also notice in looking at the tile for the store that there is a code on it which also appears when I endeavour to launch the app.

App then crashes. Similar story with all the other apps.

When I restart my computer I get this error message, and apps like photos, the calculator,... [​IMG]

I'm at a loss to be honest. I thought the second option would work, but it actually downloads nothing at all (maybe the link has changed, I don't know).

Do these screenshots offer any insights?

Thanks so much.

Chris8875, Apr 10, 2021
  3. Windows photo app - Export/Share function problem.

Hi Mark,

For us to provide you an accurate resolution, we would like to verify the following:

• Are you pertaining to the Windows Photo app?
    • Were there any updates/changes made on your computer prior to this concern?
    • Are you getting any error messages? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • Aside from CahangirTahirov's suggestion, can you tell us what other troubleshooting steps have you taken?
    • Have you tried the other troubleshooting steps provided in this thread? If yes, can you tell us what are those, and what are the results?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Apr 10, 2021
  4. David Haz Win User

When I restart my computer I get this error message, and apps like photos, the calculator,...

Windows 10 Calculator not working

Hello,

If a default Windows 10 app is missing or not working correctly, it might be due to the system being outdated or there is a corruption within the system or profile that you are using. For us to isolate the issue in launching the Calculator app in Windows
    10, kindly respond to the questions below:

• Did the problem in opening the app started recently?
    • When attempting to open the app, are there any error messages that appear?
    • Are you able to launch the app using another local account?

As a first troubleshooting step, we suggest that you check if there are updates that are waiting to be installed on your device. If there are, kindly install them and restart your device. After restarting, attempt to launch the app.

We look forward to an update from you.

David Haz, Apr 10, 2021
Thema:

When I restart my computer I get this error message, and apps like photos, the calculator,...

1. When I restart my computer I get this error message, and apps like photos, the calculator,... - Similar Threads - restart computer error

2. My computer Restarted itself and i was left with this message when debugging.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer Restarted itself and i was left with this message when debugging.: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE 139A kernel component has corrupted a critical data structure. The corruptioncould potentially allow a malicious user to gain control of this machine.Arguments:Arg1: 000000000000001d, An RTL_BALANCED_NODE RBTree entry has been corrupted.Arg2:...
  3. My computer Restarted itself and i was left with this message when debugging.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer Restarted itself and i was left with this message when debugging.: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE 139A kernel component has corrupted a critical data structure. The corruptioncould potentially allow a malicious user to gain control of this machine.Arguments:Arg1: 000000000000001d, An RTL_BALANCED_NODE RBTree entry has been corrupted.Arg2:...
  4. I keep getting an error message when I start my computer. SecurityHealthSystray...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I keep getting an error message when I start my computer. SecurityHealthSystray...: says bad image. the file contains and error or is not designed to run on windows. My pc has been crashing a lot randomly. I think this is the issue. I also can't open my Windows Security in the settings. It just goes blank and doesn't load....
  5. I keep getting an error message when I start my computer. SecurityHealthSystray...

I keep getting an error message when I start my computer. SecurityHealthSystray...: says bad image. the file contains and error or is not designed to run on windows. My pc has been crashing a lot randomly. I think this is the issue. I also can't open my Windows Security in the settings. It just goes blank and doesn't load....
  6. Renaming apps like calculator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Renaming apps like calculator: I would like to rename apps that come automatically installed with windows such as Calculator, and things. I would like it to be shown as "Claculator" because it is funny, much like how I have named notepad nootpadas shown below. is there anyway to do this?...
  7. Renaming apps like calculator

Renaming apps like calculator: I would like to rename apps that come automatically installed with windows such as Calculator, and things. I would like it to be shown as "Claculator" because it is funny, much like how I have named notepad nootpadas shown below. is there anyway to do this?...
  8. Renaming apps like calculator

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Calculator and Photo Apps

Calculator and Photo Apps: Is anyone else having issues with the Photos and Calculator apps not operating? Each time I start up both my Pc and my laptop neither app works, I just get a Windows error message. I have to go into each of the app settings and terminate it, reset it then repair it for them...
  10. Many Windows Apps like calculator, photos, and store not working.

Many Windows Apps like calculator, photos, and store not working.: Hello all, I am new here and have never posted before so sorry if I do something wrong. I previously I had a problem with the start button and Cortana not working and I did some research and fixed that issue. Unfortunately I cannot recall how I fixed this issue. I think I...