Windows 10: When I restart my laptop it looks 'new'

Discus and support When I restart my laptop it looks 'new' in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Issues: 1. Backgrounds removed home screen, lock screen, etc. 2. Chrome isn't default browser 3. Files that I had in the documents and downloads... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DantePettieway, Feb 15, 2021.

1. When I restart my laptop it looks 'new'

Issues:

1. Backgrounds removed home screen, lock screen, etc.

2. Chrome isn't default browser

3. Files that I had in the documents and downloads tabs are gone But my drives are fine

4. I'm logged out of things I should be logged into

These are the only issues I've had so far

I tried the method that I saw here, but it didn't help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-desktop/7f968dbd-57d5-41c1-8b55-a45b2715e135

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

DantePettieway, Feb 15, 2021
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond When I restart my laptop it looks 'new' :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Feb 15, 2021
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Feb 15, 2021
  4. SunnyK Win User

When I restart my laptop it looks 'new'

New Laptop Help, Please.

What about MSI GS60 or Lenovo Y50? THey are light, portable and powerful... also both are 15" and in your budget. *Toast :toast:

SunnyK, Feb 15, 2021
Thema:

When I restart my laptop it looks 'new'

1. When I restart my laptop it looks 'new' - Similar Threads - restart laptop looks

2. my laptop restart when i turn it on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my laptop restart when i turn it on: when i updated windows my laptop restart when i turn it on so i run a troubleshooter on windows update and it detect WaaSMedicService Issues remediated by :AutomaticCorruptionRepairPlugin;ResetRepairPlugin what does it mean? And how to fix it?...
  3. my laptop restart when i turn it on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my laptop restart when i turn it on: when i updated windows my laptop restart when i turn it on so i run a troubleshooter on windows update and it detect WaaSMedicService Issues remediated by :AutomaticCorruptionRepairPlugin;ResetRepairPlugin what does it mean? And how to fix it?...
  4. my laptop restart when i turn it on

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. When I turn off my laptop it restarts.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    When I turn off my laptop it restarts.: Sometimes when I turn off my computer it immediately starts again, like a restart. Can someone explain to me why does it happen? If I should worry? and, how to fix it?...
  6. My laptop when it restarts bluescreens

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My laptop when it restarts bluescreens: Whenever I try and restart my laptop it'll turn off but then when it tries to turn back on it a blue screen and it will say we could not diagnose you fail lyrics maybe you try restarting it again and thus will maybe sometimes six it it has not fixed it so far I have simply...
  7. Looking for new laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Looking for new laptop: Hi guys. Haven't been here for a while. If and when the stymulus check shows up, I can finally get a new laptop. If this page shows up properly, there's three laptops I'm looking at... Micro Center - Computers, Electronics, Computer Parts, Networking, Gaming, Software, and...
  8. my new laptop keeps restarting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    my new laptop keeps restarting: i just bought a new hp laptop and it keeps restarting. it had trouble right off the bat when doing the initial setup. it crashed a bunnh then finally worked but it keeps saying theres been a problem and restarting....
  9. Looking for a new laptop for granddaughter

in Windows 10 Support
    Looking for a new laptop for granddaughter: Looking for a new laptop for granddaughter Would like some advice on this HP please. Specifications Price £455.00 Processor AMD A6-9220 APU with Radeon™ R4 Graphics (2.5 GHz, up to 2.9 GHz, 1 MB cache, 2 cores) Screen 15.6" (1366x768 Resolution, Anti-Glare Screen)...
  10. Looking at new Laptops

in Windows 10 Support
    Looking at new Laptops: I am looking at getting a new Laptop for myself and giving my fiancée (Stephanie) my other Laptop. The Laptop that I am giving her is a Toshiba. The Toshiba is Windows 10 compatible and has been great. It just doesn't have a DVD/RW drive and that's what I need. What...