Windows 10: When I restarted my computer, all my files were gone. My gmail accounts are gone, saved...

Discus and support When I restarted my computer, all my files were gone. My gmail accounts are gone, saved... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just restarted my computer and now everything is gone. It's like setting up a brand new computer. Since I'm accessing the internet from a foreign... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BarbaraClawson1, Nov 9, 2019.

1. When I restarted my computer, all my files were gone. My gmail accounts are gone, saved...

I just restarted my computer and now everything is gone. It's like setting up a brand new computer. Since I'm accessing the internet from a foreign country, the language was also changed from English to Arabic. My files are gone. I don't know how to get them. I figured out how to change the language back and get into my gmail account. I had to resign into my Microsoft account to get to this forum. What happened and how do I fix it?

:)

BarbaraClawson1, Nov 9, 2019
  2. Munki Win User

GUIDE:How to transfer contacts from Microsoft Outlook to Gmail

I'm sitting here in the office, its the end of the year in the school system, and several employees transferring to alternative counties. With this it brings loads of transferring contacts to take with them from their company phone. Well, this one in particular sparked a guide idea. So here it is, How to transfer Outlook contacts to your Gmail account.

Step 1: Sign in to your outlook account.
    step 2 In the top left hand corner click File > Import/Export > Export to file > Browse to desired place to save your file > export. Be sure you export the file as .csv (comma separated values)
    Step 3 Log into your Gmail account
    Step 4 Select 'Contacts' In the subsection you will see a 'Import' button on the right-hand side. Click it.
    Step 5 Browse to the location where you saved it > Open it > Click Import.

I would have provided pictures, but I use neither Outlook or Gmail. Hope someone somewhere gets some use from this. *Toast :toast:

=Munki=

Munki, Nov 9, 2019
  3. hdjx Win User
    files have gone

I MOVED a directory from one W2K PC to another. However, the target PC (which has a backup unit on it and thus the point of the move) crashed halfway through the move and I had to reboot. I then decided that I needed to sort out why the PC crashed and MOVED the directory back again.

However, in the process, most of the files have disappeared! What I don't understand is why the original files were deleted if they were not copied over.

As far as I can see, the files have gone for good. Is there any hope? Friend suggest Data Recovery Wizard, can I try that?

hdjx, Nov 9, 2019
  4. When I restarted my computer, all my files were gone. My gmail accounts are gone, saved...

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

When I restarted my computer, all my files were gone. My gmail accounts are gone, saved...

1. When I restarted my computer, all my files were gone. My gmail accounts are gone, saved... - Similar Threads - restarted computer files

2. Computer Restarted, All Files Gone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer Restarted, All Files Gone: HelloMy computer restarted and when it loaded, all my files were gone. Even the log in screen was different. The only files still present are the few that were in the recycle bin. Tried a System Restore from earlier in the week but did not recover the missing files. Running...
  3. Computer Restarted, All Files Gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Restarted, All Files Gone: HelloMy computer restarted and when it loaded, all my files were gone. Even the log in screen was different. The only files still present are the few that were in the recycle bin. Tried a System Restore from earlier in the week but did not recover the missing files. Running...
  4. Computer Restarted, All Files Gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. All my files in Downloads are gone

All my files in Downloads are gone: I woke up today and booted up my PC and saw that all the files in my Downloads folder are gone except folders and a file that I was moving yesterday from a 7zip file that was in Downloads to Documents, during that it became stuck and Windows Explorer was not responding so I...
  6. My paint 3d saves all are gone

My paint 3d saves all are gone: I was working on a big project, then suddenly paint 3d closed, so obviously i reopened it, and all my paint 3D saves were gone, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-paint-3d-saves-all-are-gone/8a4b1afb-8bfd-4980-84df-c6e5307c5d8e
  7. My paint 3d saves all are gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My paint 3d saves all are gone: I was working on a big project, then suddenly paint 3d closed, so obviously i reopened it, and all my paint 3D saves were gone, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-paint-3d-saves-all-are-gone/8a4b1afb-8bfd-4980-84df-c6e5307c5d8e
  8. My paint 3d saves all are gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. All my files are gone!

All my files are gone!: WHen I was on my Computer on Thursday everything was fine, but when I went on today, I saw my Logitech and my capture files are empty, I didnt do anything and When I clicked on it It says that I needed to connect to network or Insert a disk. PLEASE PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT TO...
  10. ALL OF MY FILES ARE GONE

ALL OF MY FILES ARE GONE: so i turned on my laptop only to see that half the stuff i had is gone the list of stuff that is gone: -all of my personal files dating back to december 2020 -most of my games -my apps -my desktop wallpaper -discord -all of my garry's mod addons 157 files -my puro...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer crashed so restarted it but now all my files have gone