Windows 10: When I right click in the search box in folder it brings up the...

Discus and support When I right click in the search box in folder it brings up the... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've got 21H2 Windows Pro version. When I right click in the search box in folder it brings up the Restore/Move/Size/Minimize/Maximize/Close menu. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by KatarzynaBak, May 19, 2022.

1. When I right click in the search box in folder it brings up the...

I've got 21H2 Windows Pro version. When I right click in the search box in folder it brings up the Restore/Move/Size/Minimize/Maximize/Close menu. I would like to have here a past option as usually. Please tell me what to do with it. There is no updates available for me.

:)

KatarzynaBak, May 19, 2022

2. search box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if are able to find search box.

• Right click on the task bar.

• Go to Cortana.

• Click on show search box.
    Now check if you are able to find search box.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, May 19, 2022
  3. Lost Search Box

Hi Richard,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

It might have happened if you have selected
    Show search icon instead Show search box from the task bar.

In that case, I suggest you to:

• Right-click on the task bar.

• Click on Search.

• Select Show search box.
    Hope it helps.

Kindly, let us know if you need further assistance with the issue. We are happy to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, May 19, 2022
  4. enso Win User

When I right click in the search box in folder it brings up the...

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

Thema:

When I right click in the search box in folder it brings up the...

1. When I right click in the search box in folder it brings up the... - Similar Threads - right click search

2. Right Click always brings up search bar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right Click always brings up search bar?: Every time I right click with my touchpad it brings up the search bar. This is incredibly annoying for when I playing games and every time I click it brings up the search. I can't seem to find any way in the settings to stop this. Please help....
  3. Right Click always brings up search bar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right Click always brings up search bar?: Every time I right click with my touchpad it brings up the search bar. This is incredibly annoying for when I playing games and every time I click it brings up the search. I can't seem to find any way in the settings to stop this. Please help....
  4. Right click does not bring up a menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right click does not bring up a menu: I have searched this problem and none of the supposed fixes work for me. So far I have verified the mouse works, downloaded shellexe and disabled all non-microsoft content, ran the file checker and scannow, updated the mouse driver, and re-booted a million times. When I click...
  5. Right click does not bring up a menu

Right click does not bring up a menu: I have searched this problem and none of the supposed fixes work for me. So far I have verified the mouse works, downloaded shellexe and disabled all non-microsoft content, ran the file checker and scannow, updated the mouse driver, and re-booted a million times. When I click...
  6. Right click does not bring up a menu

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. When I right click in the search box in folder it brings up the...

When I right click in the search box in folder it brings up the...: I've got 21H2 Windows Pro version. When I right click in the search box in folder it brings up the Restore/Move/Size/Minimize/Maximize/Close menu. I would like to have here a past option as usually. Please tell me what to do with it. There is no updates available for me....
  8. When I right click in the search box in folder it brings up the...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When I right click in the search box in folder it brings up the...: I've got 21H2 Windows Pro version. When I right click in the search box in folder it brings up the Restore/Move/Size/Minimize/Maximize/Close menu. I would like to have here a past option as usually. Please tell me what to do with it. There is no updates available for me....
  9. FIX Right-Click Desktop "New Folder" Brings Up Shortcut!

in Windows 10 Support
    FIX Right-Click Desktop "New Folder" Brings Up Shortcut!: This started last week and was driving me nuts. I finally found the solution this morning. It turned out to be a registry setting that I had to remove two entries. Open Regedit, Back Up The Registry First Go to "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\ShellNew" Delete the two values...
  10. Right clicking on some files or folders takes about 25 seconds to bring up right click menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Right clicking on some files or folders takes about 25 seconds to bring up right click menu: Title says it all, this all of the sudden just started happening. If I right click on video files/images or folders it takes about 25-30 seconds to bring up the right click menu, before this comes up it says not responding but eventually responds. Funny thing is when I right...