Windows 10: When I right click on navigation/left pane in "This PC" OR Copy/Paste something, suddenly...

Discus and support When I right click on navigation/left pane in "This PC" OR Copy/Paste something, suddenly... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello friends! Recently, I got a problem with Windows 10 that I found the solution after searching and testing everything. I will put the solution here... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HamidSeyed, Nov 30, 2018.

1. When I right click on navigation/left pane in "This PC" OR Copy/Paste something, suddenly...

Hello friends! Recently, I got a problem with Windows 10 that I found the solution after searching and testing everything. I will put the solution here to help solve the same problem for others. When I right click on navigation/left pane in "This PC" OR Copy/Paste something, suddenly... :D

These were my problems:

1 - When I right click on navigation/left pane in "This PC" window, the window closes and throw me into the desktop.

2- When I Copy/Paste something suddenly all windows close and throw me into the desktop.

3- When I right click on app item in desktop after refreshing my mouse pointer slows down and desktop resets.

Well, based on my experience, these problems and similar to them are because of some software that you installed on windows 10 which interfere with windows 10 functions. I don't know why! this is what it is When I right click on navigation/left pane in "This PC" OR Copy/Paste something, suddenly... ;). In my case, "AnyToIso" and "Coolutils Total Audio Converter". All I want to say is that do not install any additional software.Just install the ones you really need them and you won't be faced with any problem. I hope so!When I right click on navigation/left pane in "This PC" OR Copy/Paste something, suddenly... ;)

:)

HamidSeyed, Nov 30, 2018

2. Move OneNote 2016 Navigation Panes to right side

How do I move the navigation pane to the right side of the window on OneNote 2016?

Bonus points if you can tell me how to get the old 2013 style with the section tabs at the top left and the pages listed on the right.

Jared Bird, Nov 30, 2018
  3. Bree Win User
    How to get horiz scrolling in Navigation Pane in Win 10 Explorer

Welcome to TenForums @linuxgarou

One suggestion would be to hover the mouse over the dividing line between the navigation pane and the list of files (it's the right-hand edge of the navigation pane's vertical scroll bar). When the pointer becomes a double-headed arrow you can click-and-drag to make the navigation pane wider.

I have mine set to about twice the width of the one in your screenshot.

Edit: and so apparently does Ztrucker in the following post.

4. Hardoman Win User

When I right click on navigation/left pane in "This PC" OR Copy/Paste something, suddenly...

This PC is gone from my file explorer navigation pane and is empty when I view it

You are viewing Quick Access section which is not This PC. This PC is actually a section of Desktop in the navigation pane. In Explorer - Click View tab > Navigation Pane > Show all folders.

To restore This PC icon you need to modify registry:

1. Find the key
      HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}\ShellFolder
    2. If you have not already, you will need to first change the owner of
      the ShellFolder registry key in the left pane to be the
      Administrators group (by default it's SYSTEM).
    3. If you have not already, you will need to second set permissions of
      the ShellFolder registry key in the left pane to "Allow" the
      Administrators group "Full control".
    4. In the right pane of ShellFolder, right click or press and hold on
      Attributes, click/tap on Delete, and click/tap on Yes to confirm.
    5. If you have a 64-bit Windows 10, open<br>
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Classes\CLSID{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}\ShellFolder
    6. Repeat the steps 2, 3 and 4 for this key as well.
    7. Restart PC.

Hardoman, Nov 30, 2018
Thema:

When I right click on navigation/left pane in "This PC" OR Copy/Paste something, suddenly...

1. When I right click on navigation/left pane in "This PC" OR Copy/Paste something, suddenly... - Similar Threads - right click navigation

2. Sometimes when I right-click it acts as left-click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sometimes when I right-click it acts as left-click: As I stated above, when I right-click it acts as left-click but only sometimes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sometimes-when-i-right-click-it-acts-as-left-click/09ca8885-9870-425e-a902-eb680bba6d6b
  3. Sometimes when I right-click it acts as left-click

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sometimes when I right-click it acts as left-click: As I stated above, when I right-click it acts as left-click but only sometimes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sometimes-when-i-right-click-it-acts-as-left-click/09ca8885-9870-425e-a902-eb680bba6d6b
  4. Sometimes when I right-click it acts as left-click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why I don't have the choice "Don’t Show In Navigation Pane" when I right click the items in...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why I don't have the choice "Don’t Show In Navigation Pane" when I right click the items in...: Hello, When I right click the items in Library in Navigation Pane. [ATTACH] It doesn't show the choice Don’t Show In Navigation Pane as the website says. How can I solve this problem? These is information about my system version: [ATTACH]...
  6. Windows 10 File Explorer keeps crashing when i right click on Navigation Pane

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 File Explorer keeps crashing when i right click on Navigation Pane: I've been having this problem for months, simply whenever I right click on the Navigation Pane, File Explorer freezes for 2 seconds then shuts down. More specifically whenever I right click on the Navigation Pane, after the right click menu whether i click anything or close...
  7. Windows Explorer Crashes When Right-Clicking Folders on The Left Pane

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer Crashes When Right-Clicking Folders on The Left Pane: Hi, Windows Explorer crashes every time I right-click on a folder under Quick Access or This PC. I have tried clearing the file explorer history and restarting my computer/file explorer from the command prompt. The last problem report I got is below. Any suggestions on how...
  8. Explorer crash on Windows 10 Home when right-clicking in left pane.

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer crash on Windows 10 Home when right-clicking in left pane.: When Windows Explorer is open, if I right-click on anything in the left-pane, Explorer crashes and re-starts. I've googled, and tried using NirSoft's ShellFix, disabled the most common issues googling resulted in: #1 Remove Nvidia context-menu and for desktop right-click....
  9. Explorer crashing when right clicking folders on Navigation Pane

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer crashing when right clicking folders on Navigation Pane: Hi there Recently I've been experiencing a weird problem with Windows 10. Right clicking any folders on the pane on the left - the one with folders, libraries etc. causes explorer to freeze and then crash. I can right click on files and folders in the main explorer...
  10. Shift click in navigation pane....?

in Windows 10 Support
    Shift click in navigation pane....?: Is there seriously no way to shift-click folders in the navigation pane and open a new window...?*Sick*Sick*Mad*Mad*Sick*Sick*Mad*Mad*Sick*Sick*Mad*Mad*Sleepy*Sleepy*Sleepy*Sleepy Is it just me or does Windows 10 have a more 'dumb' explorer? It somehow manages to end up...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file explorer shuts down on mouse right clicking in the navigation pane

2. desktop re-starts after right click on navigation pane