Windows 10: When I right click on the left side of file explorer explorer closes

Discus and support When I right click on the left side of file explorer explorer closes in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When ever i try to open the context menu on the left side oft the explorer window(where i can see all my drives) explorer closes however when i right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/KnifeOfDunwall2, Aug 26, 2020.

1. When I right click on the left side of file explorer explorer closes

When ever i try to open the context menu on the left side oft the explorer window(where i can see all my drives) explorer closes however when i right click on the right side everything is ok

from event viewer i can see that the problem is shell32.dll

this is the error log copied from Event viewer (sorry that i cannot quickly get an english version):

Protokollname: Application

Quelle: Application Error

Datum: 27.08.2020 00:12:22

Ereignis-ID: 1000

AufgabenkategorieWhen I right click on the left side of file explorer explorer closes :(100)

Ebene: Fehler

Schlüsselwörter:Klassisch

Benutzer: Nicht zutreffend

Computer: PC-FABIAN2020

Beschreibung:

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: Explorer.EXE, Version: 10.0.18362.997, Zeitstempel: 0x2419a7bd

Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: SHELL32.dll, Version: 10.0.18362.997, Zeitstempel: 0x703952b6

Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005

Fehleroffset: 0x000000000008b39a

ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x1934

Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d67bf5bb9342df

Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE

Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\WINDOWS\System32\SHELL32.dll

Berichtskennung: ef96f37d-be64-4e6b-97c9-e562e84784de

Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets:

Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist:

Ereignis-XML:

<Event xmlns="[http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event](http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event)">

<System>

<Provider Name="Application Error" />

<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>100</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-08-26T22:12:22.637132800Z" />

<EventRecordID>15715</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>PC-FABIAN2020</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data>Explorer.EXE</Data>

<Data>10.0.18362.997</Data>

<Data>2419a7bd</Data>

<Data>SHELL32.dll</Data>

<Data>10.0.18362.997</Data>

<Data>703952b6</Data>

<Data>c0000005</Data>

<Data>000000000008b39a</Data>

<Data>1934</Data>

<Data>01d67bf5bb9342df</Data>

<Data>C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE</Data>

<Data>C:\WINDOWS\System32\SHELL32.dll</Data>

<Data>ef96f37d-be64-4e6b-97c9-e562e84784de</Data>

<Data>

</Data>

<Data>

</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

submitted by /u/KnifeOfDunwall2
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/KnifeOfDunwall2, Aug 26, 2020

2. File explorer

Hi Mick,

I am sorry to know that the File Explorer is not working on the Taskbar.

I suggest you to right-click on it to unpin it from the task bar.

Then search for File Explorer in Search. Then right-click on it to Pin it to Taskbar.

If the issue persists, try the steps below.

• Type CMD in Search. Right click on it to run as an administrator.

• Type the following 4 commands at the Command prompt:
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

• Close the CMD window.

• Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the PC.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Aug 26, 2020
  3. File Explorer close button on the left

So I'm having a problem, I just recently installed Windows 10 the problem is I opened my recycling bin from my desktop and it worked fine but afterwards I opened File Explorer and suddenly the close, minimize and maximize buttons were on the left and the
    Quick Access, Desktop and such are now on the right and is basically inverted. I have tried fiddling with the Display settings, view settings on File Explorer. I have also restarted it a couple times but it hasn't helped. This problem only persists on File
    Explorer as well my browsers, settings menus and other programs appear fine not appearing inverted with the close button on the right.

Riveramaya, Aug 26, 2020
  4. When I right click on the left side of file explorer explorer closes

File Explorer is Aligned Left Instead of Right

Hi,

I have just opened File Explorer in Windows 10 and everything has been aligned to the right instead of the left.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you

AmandaChristofis, Aug 26, 2020
Thema:

When I right click on the left side of file explorer explorer closes

1. When I right click on the left side of file explorer explorer closes - Similar Threads - right click left

2. Won't Update and right click closes File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Won't Update and right click closes File Explorer.: I am setting up a new computer. It is a Dell Inspirion 5500. It is an Intel I5 with 12 Gigs of memory. I have set it up with the windows file on the computer and also with downloaded the ISO online. I get the same results. I have run the troubleshooter, I have tried...
  3. CLOSE Windows File Explorer Right Side Panel

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CLOSE Windows File Explorer Right Side Panel: How to CLOSE Right side panel in File Explorer? On 4/2020 SusieBartz asked this question, however Paulo GM's response to Click View > Click Details is incorrect.MSFT sent an update Now, it changed my File Explorer by adding this panel and following Paulo's response does...
  4. CLOSE Windows File Explorer Right Side Panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CLOSE Windows File Explorer Right Side Panel: How to CLOSE Right side panel in File Explorer? On 4/2020 SusieBartz asked this question, however Paulo GM's response to Click View > Click Details is incorrect.MSFT sent an update Now, it changed my File Explorer by adding this panel and following Paulo's response does...
  5. CLOSE Windows File Explorer Right Side Panel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Explore restarts when right-clicking the list on the left

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Explore restarts when right-clicking the list on the left: HelloI am facing problem when right click on folder list on left side of explorer, when right click and select anything, like "open new window", properties",... Explorer will restart. when right click after 10 seconds explorer will restart...
  7. Explore restarts when right-clicking the list on the left

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explore restarts when right-clicking the list on the left: HelloI am facing problem when right click on folder list on left side of explorer, when right click and select anything, like "open new window", properties",... Explorer will restart. when right click after 10 seconds explorer will restart...
  8. Explore restarts when right-clicking the list on the left

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. right click in win explorer closes it

in Windows 10 Support
    right click in win explorer closes it: If I right click a file or folder to rename etc . Win explorer closes ? 169102
  10. Right Click in File Explorer/priorities and closes the window

in Windows 10 Support
    Right Click in File Explorer/priorities and closes the window: This just started recently, when I open file explorer , and right click on any drive, C, D, and click on "priorities" it immediately closes the File explorer window. I can open any folders ok, but can't get priorities to open on the Drives.*Mad 36969