Windows 10: When I run a Custom Windows Custom Scan, Computer shuts down

Discus and support When I run a Custom Windows Custom Scan, Computer shuts down in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Recently my laptop has started shutting down when I run a custom (not quick) Virus & Threat Protection Scan. I am using Windows 10 on a ASUS laptop.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RoseAdamson, Aug 20, 2019.

1. When I run a Custom Windows Custom Scan, Computer shuts down

Recently my laptop has started shutting down when I run a custom (not quick) Virus & Threat Protection Scan. I am using Windows 10 on a ASUS laptop. The scan I did on a removable hard drive did this again tonight and when I restarted I received a message about SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTIO NOT HANDLED. I would like to do a deep scan so need to know what is wrong?

:)

RoseAdamson, Aug 20, 2019
  2. JoeJY Win User

Windows defender custom scan does not scan external drives

I have Defender Windows 10. I tried using custom scan to select and scan external drives. The screen listing the drives comes up, but the "OK" button remains grayed out so unable to scan any of the drives listed. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

JoeJY, Aug 20, 2019
  3. Tim1901 Win User
    Custom Scan with Windows Defender Freezes

I am running Windows defender on a Windows 10, 64 bit desktop. When I run a normal scan, it works perfectly. However, I have an external drive for storage that I want to be include in the scan. I open Defender, and under the Scan Options, I choose Custom
    Scan, and then Scan Now to bring up the available drives to scan. At that point, the program freezes and will not bring up the list of drives. It just sits there with the hourglass showing as though it is working, but nothing ever happens. I try to close the
    program and restart it, but it won't close. I go to Task Manager to close it, and I still can't close it. I finally have to shut the computer down, or restart it to get the program to release. I do not have any other security program, such as Norton, McAfee,
    etc., on the PC. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm no expert, so a "simple plan" would be appreciated if possible. As info, my wife has the same PC with an external drive just like mine, and her Windows Defender program works perfectly on a custom scan.
    Thanks for your help!!!

[Original Title: Windows Defender]

Tim1901, Aug 20, 2019
  4. When I run a Custom Windows Custom Scan, Computer shuts down

Windows Defender for Windows 10: Custom Scan option disabled

I am still having a problem scanning on my Windows Defender for my Windows 10.

the Custom Scan will not scan because the icon to click to start the custom scan is

faded out.

I did not do it, in fact when I ran a custom scan once it ran and found a dangerous

threat on my computer and fixed it, and every since then I've not been able to

run a custom scan since.

I need help because I've done everything that was told me to do and nothing changed.

I can run a quick scan and a full scan, but I feel that they are not detecting any threating

malware or other kind of hidden threats.

What can I do to fix the icon that I should be able to use for starting the custom scan

that is now faded out?

Thank You

Original title: Windows Defender for Windows 10

FeebieWoods, Aug 20, 2019
Thema:

When I run a Custom Windows Custom Scan, Computer shuts down

1. When I run a Custom Windows Custom Scan, Computer shuts down - Similar Threads - run Custom Custom

2. Custom Cursor Resets after pc shut down or restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom Cursor Resets after pc shut down or restart: Hello, I have a windows 10 gaming pc No it’s not compatible with Windows 11 and I had seen a previous question about this problem but after following the steps on that question I came to a halt with this problem picture there is no check box for turning off the option like...
  3. Custom Cursor Resets after pc shut down or restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Custom Cursor Resets after pc shut down or restart: Hello, I have a windows 10 gaming pc No it’s not compatible with Windows 11 and I had seen a previous question about this problem but after following the steps on that question I came to a halt with this problem picture there is no check box for turning off the option like...
  4. Custom Cursor Resets after pc shut down or restart

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Customer Customer Customer Customer Customer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Customer Customer Customer Customer Customer: Customer Customer Customer Customer Customer Customer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/customer-customer-customer-customer-customer/056ded97-8079-4980-ad4d-b40a516677d4
  6. Customer Customer Customer Customer Customer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Customer Customer Customer Customer Customer: Customer Customer Customer Customer Customer Customer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/customer-customer-customer-customer-customer/056ded97-8079-4980-ad4d-b40a516677d4
  7. Customer Customer Customer Customer Customer

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Windows 10 Defender shuts down computer when trying to run a full scan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Defender shuts down computer when trying to run a full scan: Twice now I have attempted to run a full scan and both times I return to check on the computer and it has shut down. How do I correct this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-10-defender-shuts-down-computer-when/35a5674d-782c-4143-87ea-03a1aec22d58
  9. Windows 10 Defender shuts down computer when trying to run a full scan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Defender shuts down computer when trying to run a full scan: Twice now I have attempted to run a full scan and both times I return to check on the computer and it has shut down. How do I correct this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-defender-shuts-down-computer-when/35a5674d-782c-4143-87ea-03a1aec22d58
  10. Customize computer on screen?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Customize computer on screen?: I need help I can't use my bottom bar and I can't use my top bar I need help [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Computer am Bildschirm anpassen?