Windows 10: When I run app it runs multiple instances of it that are only visible in Task Manager

Discus and support When I run app it runs multiple instances of it that are only visible in Task Manager in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When I run app it runs multiple instances of it and it's only visible in Task Manager and wasted a lot of memory. I have tried running virus scan from... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by IliaChigogidze, Jul 3, 2020.

1. When I run app it runs multiple instances of it that are only visible in Task Manager

When I run app it runs multiple instances of it and it's only visible in Task Manager and wasted a lot of memory.

I have tried running virus scan from Windows Defender, Kaspersky and Avast but nothing is found.

What can I do?

When I run app it runs multiple instances of it that are only visible in Task Manager 816bfb81-ec89-4764-ab3f-d4a58786d5bc?upload=true.png

:)

IliaChigogidze, Jul 3, 2020

2. Multiple instances are running for Svchost.exe in Windows 10 task manager

i did that but it said that this app can't run on my computer ! there isn't any other way to solve this problem ? am pretty desperate here ! by the way thanks for the answer anyways.

Bane.Hall0w, Jul 3, 2020
  3. Multiple instances are running for Svchost.exe in Windows 10 task manager

Hello Bane,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience you have experienced.

Svchost.exe is a process on your computer that hosts, or contains, other individual services that Windows uses to perform various functions. For example, Windows Defender uses a service that is hosted by a svchost.exe process.

There can be multiple instances of svchost.exe running on your computer, with each instance containing different services. One instance of svchost.exe might host a single service for a program, and another instance might host several services related to
    Windows. You can use Task Manager to view which services are running under each instance of svchost.exe.

Open Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC, then right-click an instance of
    svchost.exe in Details tab, and then click
    Go to Service(s). The services associated with the process are highlighted on the
    Services tab.

Also suggest you to go for a complete system scan with Windows Defender or with any available Antivirus Software to make sure no virus is causing this issue. The

Microsoft Safety Scanner
    is a free downloadable security tool that provides on-demand scanning and helps remove viruses, spyware, and other malicious software. It works with your existing antivirus software. Do scan your PC by downloading Microsoft Safety
    Scanner.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Jul 3, 2020
  4. When I run app it runs multiple instances of it that are only visible in Task Manager

App Runs Properly but Win10Pro Task Scheduler Cannot Run It

We have a requirement for extremely accurate computer clock time and use a small app that that, when launched, checks with a pool of time servers and syncs our computer clock. We want to schedule this app to run every couple of hours.

The app runs properly when I launch it manually. I created a task in Task Scheduler to do this automatically every two hours and, when I manually run the task within Task Scheduler, it also runs properly. However, it will not run on on its own on a schedule.
    Task Scheduler fails to launch it.

On a different computer, another app is able to launch it when that app is launched but, again, Task Scheduler fails to launch it on a schedule.

The task is configured in Task Scheduler as follows:

GENERAL

• When running the task, use the following user account: it's my own account, and I am an Administrator on the computer
    • Run only when user is logged on
    • Run with highest privileges
    • Configure for Windows 10
    TRIGGERS

• Trigger: At task creation/modification
    • Repeat every 2 hours for a duration of indefinitely
    • Enabled
    ACTIONS

• Start a program "path...\SysTimeUpdate.exe" min ('min' being an argument)
    CONDITIONS

• none - no conditions
    SETTINGS

• Allow task to be run on demand
    • Run task as soon as possible after a schedules start is missed
    • Stop the task if it runs longer than 1 hour
    • If the running task does not end when requested, force it to stop
    • If the task is already running, then the following rule applies - Stop the existing instance

Someone suggested that my Administrator account may not have full privileges, and it may be a permissions issue but, if so, why can I launch it manually and why can another app launch it when that app is launched but Task Scheduler cannot? This very very
    baffling, and any assistance would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

Samurai7388, Jul 3, 2020
Thema:

When I run app it runs multiple instances of it that are only visible in Task Manager

1. When I run app it runs multiple instances of it that are only visible in Task Manager - Similar Threads - run app runs

2. Multiple instances of UdkUserSvc, UnistoreSvc, and UserDatasvc running.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple instances of UdkUserSvc, UnistoreSvc, and UserDatasvc running.: Can someone please explain to my why I have more than one instance of UdkUserSvc, UnistoreSvc, and UserDatasvc running? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-instances-of-udkusersvc-unistoresvc-and/f60390e2-9665-4af9-871d-cdf03f735274
  3. Multiple instances of UdkUserSvc, UnistoreSvc, and UserDatasvc running.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple instances of UdkUserSvc, UnistoreSvc, and UserDatasvc running.: Can someone please explain to my why I have more than one instance of UdkUserSvc, UnistoreSvc, and UserDatasvc running? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-instances-of-udkusersvc-unistoresvc-and/f60390e2-9665-4af9-871d-cdf03f735274
  4. Multiple instances of apps running in Task Manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple instances of apps running in Task Manager: Its sometimes says 10+ of the same program is running when just one is open. [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-instances-of-apps-running-in-task-manager/761e16d9-907b-4af4-8a11-901f30de0188
  5. Multiple apps running in task manager

Multiple apps running in task manager: I have a browser that I use called OperaGX and when I opened task manager it was taking up almost all of my memory. Here's a screenshot of what I'm talking about: [ATTACH]...
  6. multiple instances of crss.exe running on my computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    multiple instances of crss.exe running on my computer: Hi, I have a problem with my PC. I have basic windows 10 installed, there are 2 versions of crss.exe running on my PC, one from an exe file the other from a dll file. I do not use powershell and have it disabled on my windows features. There are lost of weird processes...
  7. Run a task when i open an app

Run a task when i open an app: Hi I wanted to run a task when i open an app and end it when i close it Here is a task made my friend This start a app when another is started https://superuser.com/questions/745318/how-to-start-a-program-when-another-one-is-started I wanted to incorperate this task...
  8. Multiple instances of application visible in task manager

Multiple instances of application visible in task manager: Hi All, Could someone please let me know how to get rid of duplicate process in windows 10? For ex. if i am opening Google chrome, number of process visible in task manager is abnormal and is using huge memory of the system. How can we purge those unwanted applications?...
  9. Multiple instances of Edge, Chrome, Spotify, AutoCAD and other apps running in task manager

Multiple instances of Edge, Chrome, Spotify, AutoCAD and other apps running in task manager: I always seem to have between 6 and 8 instances of Edge running on my system. If I try and close down any of them, they start back up again. But as soon as I close the, they don't seem to affect Edge at all? Some instances of it are using around 300meg of ram, while...
  10. Task Manager not running

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Manager not running: I have added a new task to the ones already populated which I suppose were in Win7 The new task or the present tasks are not running as there is no entry in the history or recently run file are there other steps necessary to get the new task manager to start up ? 17916