Windows 10: When I run Disc Clean up it goes through the motions, but doesn't clean up

Discus and support When I run Disc Clean up it goes through the motions, but doesn't clean up in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When I run disc clean up, it gives me the option to clean up the C drive. It says that it will free up 6 GB of data, then goes through the motions.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ScottLefler, Feb 28, 2019.

1. When I run Disc Clean up it goes through the motions, but doesn't clean up

When I run disc clean up, it gives me the option to clean up the C drive. It says that it will free up 6 GB of data, then goes through the motions. Then when I re-run the program, it still says that it has 6 GB of space to free up in the C drive, like it never really cleaned up in the first place. What should I do?

:)

ScottLefler, Feb 28, 2019

2. Disc clean

hello everyone,
    yesterday i performed a disc clean, and when i reboot the pc this comes up now
    thank you in advance.

atanas dimitrov, Feb 28, 2019
  3. Disc Clean Up

I have been trying to run disc clean up all day, resorted to help from technician.

Whatever he did, no difference

Looks like clean up is working, but does not free up disc space for updates.

I have Windows 10.

New Dell Inspiron.

Never had a problem with disc space on my old computer (Inspiron running Windows XP.

I can't understand why I have low disc space.

Can anyone suggest what I'm doing wrong please?

SheenaSpencer1, Feb 28, 2019
  4. When I run Disc Clean up it goes through the motions, but doesn't clean up

Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Feb 28, 2019
Thema:

When I run Disc Clean up it goes through the motions, but doesn't clean up

1. When I run Disc Clean up it goes through the motions, but doesn't clean up - Similar Threads - run Disc Clean

2. clean disc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    clean disc: My Mac is running slow and hasn't enough memory to run simple games that it has been running for years. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clean-disc/f2bf9037-f4e6-4352-9cba-2ebd58be24a5
  3. clean disc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    clean disc: My Mac is running slow and hasn't enough memory to run simple games that it has been running for years. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clean-disc/f2bf9037-f4e6-4352-9cba-2ebd58be24a5
  4. Disk Clean Up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk Clean Up: Removing Disk Clean Up was a terrible mistake and Storage Sense is a mess for an alternative. Bring back and improve if you like the original Disk Clean Up option https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-clean-up/cf868ce6-e35d-494b-a851-ddd860a1c7f6
  5. Disk clean up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk clean up: I did update on windows and when it was done i went in disk clean up to clean Windows update clean up i did it and space wont came back it second time pls help where space go and when i go in disk clean up space windows update clean up wont show up when i go clean up system...
  6. Disk clean up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk clean up: I did update on windows and when it was done i went in disk clean up to clean Windows update clean up i did it and space wont came back it second time pls help where space go and when i go in disk clean up space windows update clean up wont show up when i go clean up system...
  7. Clean up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Clean up: Today I booted my computer to see what looked like the update screen with the 0% etc... except it said it was cleaning up my computer. How do I turn this off? Anyway to know what it removed? 180233
  8. clean up disc space

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    clean up disc space: clean up disc space https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clean-up-disc-space/521e1b83-ab25-457c-88d3-945670003a1a
  9. disc clean up

disc clean up: hi, is it safe to delete windows update clean up files.thanks 53494
  10. Disc Clean-up doesn't delete System error memory dump files

Disc Clean-up doesn't delete System error memory dump files: Recently I've noticed that there's a lot less of free space on my C drive so I've decided to run a regular Disc Clean-up. When I ran it as an administrator I've noticed that "System error memory dump files" takes up around 32GBs which shocked me. Since these files don't mean...