Windows 10: When I run Setups of unknown origin nothing happens

Discus and support When I run Setups of unknown origin nothing happens in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I had some program of unknown origin and everything worked. At some point they all stopped working. Tried everything but nothing worked I tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Eugenio_027, Nov 24, 2022.

1. When I run Setups of unknown origin nothing happens

I had some program of unknown origin and everything worked. At some point they all stopped working. Tried everything but nothing worked I tried reinstalling them. But when I click on the executables, the arrow spins a bit and then nothing happens. I tried to:- disabled windows defender- modified certain registry keys as indicated on other forums- run as administrator- formatted and reinstalled windows 2 timesI do not know what to do.

:)

Eugenio_027, Nov 24, 2022

2. Unknown original administrator name and password

The dvd I've been using is the Walmart one:

When I run Setups of unknown origin nothing happens [​IMG]

Here are the contents as shown on drive D:

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, we are getting somewhere now. I got the official Windows 10 CD. I can get all the way to step 5 in option 5, and I don't have the same info in Load Hive. Picture attached.

Granny1943, Nov 24, 2022
  3. origin setup error

hi I been having this problem with origin setup it says

• the code execution cannot proceed because msvcp140.dll was not found. reinstalling the program may fix this problem
    • the code execution cannot proceed because vcruntime140.dll was not found. reinstalling the program may fix this problem

Kingmarshall02, Nov 24, 2022
  4. Aaron_Sum Win User

When I run Setups of unknown origin nothing happens

Speaker Setup (Unknown)

Hi,

Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community.

Please confirm the following things for me.

1. May I know the build of Windows 10 running on your system? This can be found by clicking on the ‘Windows’ icon at the bottom left corner of your screen and by typing in ‘winver’.
    2. Was there any major change on your system prior to which you were able to use the back panel ‘Line out’ for the speakers without any issues?

Please follow the methods below and check if it works out for you.

Method 1:

Run the audio troubleshooter, it will automatically detect the problem and fix it. This can be done by the following steps:

1. Click on the Windows icon at the bottom left corner of the screen.
    2. Type 'Troubleshoot' and click on 'Troubleshoot'.
    3. This will open 'Troubleshoot' in settings, select 'Playing Audio' and click on 'Run the troubleshooter'.
    4. Please follow the onscreen instructions.

Method 2:

I would suggest you to check by disabling the NVIDIA audio drivers temporarily and restart your system to see if the issue still persists.

You can also update the audio drivers, you will need to look for ‘Sound, video and game controllers’, expand it to find the audio driver, example: ‘Realtek High Definition Audio’, please follow the steps in this

link
    to update the audio drivers.

Hope it helps.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Nov 24, 2022
Thema:

When I run Setups of unknown origin nothing happens

1. When I run Setups of unknown origin nothing happens - Similar Threads - run Setups unknown

2. When I try to run an app from the icon on the task bar, nothing happens.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I try to run an app from the icon on the task bar, nothing happens.: If I press control-alt-elete and then run the task manager that solves the problem for a few times and then stops again. How do I fix this . . . I have already ran a full virus and malware scan with multiple programs and SFC and DISM...
  3. New SSD unknown/not initialized, when I click initialize literally nothing happens after I...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New SSD unknown/not initialized, when I click initialize literally nothing happens after I...: It is a Team Group AX2 512GB. I have tried it in 3 computers and the same thing happens. Blue circle for 1/2 second and then no sign of life even after waiting. No error messages or additional windows at all.Crystal disk says it is healthy. From my searches, this problem is...
  4. New SSD unknown/not initialized, when I click initialize literally nothing happens after I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New SSD unknown/not initialized, when I click initialize literally nothing happens after I...: It is a Team Group AX2 512GB. I have tried it in 3 computers and the same thing happens. Blue circle for 1/2 second and then no sign of life even after waiting. No error messages or additional windows at all.Crystal disk says it is healthy. From my searches, this problem is...
  5. New SSD unknown/not initialized, when I click initialize literally nothing happens after I...

6. When I run Setups of unknown origin nothing happens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I run Setups of unknown origin nothing happens: I had some program of unknown origin and everything worked. At some point they all stopped working. Tried everything but nothing worked I tried reinstalling them. But when I click on the executables, the arrow spins a bit and then nothing happens. I tried to:- disabled...
  7. When I run Setups of unknown origin nothing happens

When I run Setups of unknown origin nothing happens: I had some program of unknown origin and everything worked. At some point they all stopped working. Tried everything but nothing worked I tried reinstalling them. But when I click on the executables, the arrow spins a bit and then nothing happens. I tried to:- disabled...
  8. Scheduled Task runs but nothing happens

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Scheduled Task runs but nothing happens: I have a scheduled task that maps a network drive, performs a task and then disconnects from that network drive. I just moved to a new PC and copied it exactly as I had it on the other PC where it ran fine for years and it will not run on this. one. The mapping of the...
  9. Nothing happens when I click SETUP FINGERPRINT in Sign-in (LENOVO P50

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Nothing happens when I click SETUP FINGERPRINT in Sign-in (LENOVO P50: I have a Lenovo P50 laptop (i7-6820HQ , 16GB, FPR sensor). running Windows 10 - 21H1 In Hello setup I created PIN and then I tried to create fingerprint. (Accounts / Sign-in Options) When I click "Set up" button below fingerprint (which is enabled-not grayed out) nothing...
  10. Nothing happens when I click on any of these

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Nothing happens when I click on any of these: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/BlueMonkey35 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kfre2p/nothing_happens_when_i_click_on_any_of_these/