Windows 10: When I run speaker test there is no sound. Troubleshooter says everything is working? Help

Discus and support When I run speaker test there is no sound. Troubleshooter says everything is working? Help in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've been trying to get my speakers to work for days. All checks say everything is find except when I test them and there is no test sound. All the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RichardFrancisco1, Sep 1, 2020.

1. When I run speaker test there is no sound. Troubleshooter says everything is working? Help

I've been trying to get my speakers to work for days. All checks say everything is find except when I test them and there is no test sound. All the paths and recommended fixes on Windows support are nonsense they give instructions that don't do what they say they will like device manager when you right click on audio etc won't let you uninstall and reinstall. Anyone know how to fix the audio?

:)

RichardFrancisco1, Sep 1, 2020

2. No sound from speakers

Hi,

I'm Diego Rios, an Independent Advisor willing to help other Microsoft customers.

I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting methods listed below:

1, Try to run the Apps troubleshooter to fix issues that may prevent app from working properly in the link below:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402749...

Please try the following procedures:

1. Check your speaker settings:

Right-click the sound icon at the bottom right corner of your desktop and click Playback devices.

In the Playback tab, ensure there’s a green tick on Speakers. This indicates that your speakers are the default playback device.

If your Speakers are NOT already set as the default, this is doubtless your problem. To fix, just click them, click Set Default, then click OK and test whether you have sound.

If your Speakers are set as the default playback device, and you’re still not hearing any sound, you should to do this >> click Speakers then Properties >> Go to the Advanced tab, and in the Default Format section, select a different sample rate and bit depth,
    then click Test. Repeat this process until you find a format that works, then click OK.

2, If the step above didn't work, I suggest to Uninstall your audio driver.

On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and X (at the same time) to invoke the quick-access menu, then Click Device Manager.

In Device Manager, expand Sound, video and game controllers,

right-click on your sound card, and click Uninstall.

Restart your computer and check to see if the problem is resolved.

3. If these steps didn't fix the issue, I suggest to Up Date the driver from the manufacture web site.

Also, You can try the following procedures in the links below:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402699...

Please let me know if this helped and works.

Best Regards,

Diego R.

Diego Rios_06, Sep 1, 2020
  3. windows 10 sound schmes not working

Since you have already updated the sound drivers on your computer, we suggest that you run the sound troubleshooter. Kindly follow the steps below on how to do it:

• Right-click on the speaker icon on the bottom right corner of the computer and select
      Troubleshoot sound problems.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Robelene Win, Sep 1, 2020
  4. When I run speaker test there is no sound. Troubleshooter says everything is working? Help

audio speakers is not working

Hi,

I'm Diego Rios, an Independent Advisor willing to help other Microsoft customers.

I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting methods listed below:

1, Try to run the Apps troubleshooter to fix issues that may prevent app from working properly in the link below:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402749...

Please try the following procedures:

1. Check your speaker settings:

Right-click the sound icon at the bottom right corner of your desktop and click Playback devices.

In the Playback tab, ensure there’s a green tick on Speakers. This indicates that your speakers are the default playback device.

If your Speakers are NOT already set as the default, this is doubtless your problem. To fix, just click them, click Set Default, then click OK and test whether you have sound.

If your Speakers are set as the default playback device, and you’re still not hearing any sound, you should to do this >> click Speakers then Properties >> Go to the Advanced tab, and in the Default Format section, select a different sample rate and bit depth,
    then click Test. Repeat this process until you find a format that works, then click OK.

2, If the step above didn't work, I suggest to Uninstall your audio driver.

On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and X (at the same time) to invoke the quick-access menu, then Click Device Manager.

In Device Manager, expand Sound, video and game controllers,

right-click on your sound card, and click Uninstall.

Restart your computer and check to see if the problem is resolved.

3. If these steps didn't fix the issue, I suggest to Up Date the driver from the manufacture web site.

Also, You can try the following procedures in the links below:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402699...

Please let me know if this helped and works.

Best Regards,

Diego R.

Diego Rios_06, Sep 1, 2020
Thema:

When I run speaker test there is no sound. Troubleshooter says everything is working? Help

1. When I run speaker test there is no sound. Troubleshooter says everything is working? Help - Similar Threads - run speaker test

2. Sound troubleshooter not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound troubleshooter not working: Recently I have been having issues with my headphones on my laptop. When I plug in the headphones, all I hear is a faint static. I've tried unplugging and replugging in the headset, turning up the volume, checking to see if the headset was disabled, and checking to see...
  3. Sound troubleshooter not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound troubleshooter not working: Recently I have been having issues with my headphones on my laptop. When I plug in the headphones, all I hear is a faint static. I've tried unplugging and replugging in the headset, turning up the volume, checking to see if the headset was disabled, and checking to see...
  4. When running troubleshooter for Bluetooth, I get a message saying Bluetooth is not...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When running troubleshooter for Bluetooth, I get a message saying Bluetooth is not...: I have a B550 Mortar Wifi, which does have bluetooth, and only stopped working today for some reason. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers and that did nothing. Now it doesn't even show up in task manager. Any suggestions? submitted by /u/ScaredPotter21 [link]...
  5. No sound at startup, but works after running Troubleshoot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound at startup, but works after running Troubleshoot: Every time I reboot my computer, the sound fails to start. I run "Troubleshoot," the three tones occur, and the sound works normally after that. I've tried the suggestions provided here:...
  6. Sound control panel speaker test doesn't work for subwooferKlipsch

Sound control panel speaker test doesn't work for subwooferKlipsch: I have a new Klipsch Promedia 2.1 speakers and set-up 2.1 in the sound control panel using 5.1 and unchecking the rear and center speakers. The 2 front speakers test and work perfectly. The subwoofer tests no sound but works perfectly also. Is this a driver issue or should...
  7. Sound only works when the audio troubleshooter is running

Sound only works when the audio troubleshooter is running: This seemed to happen after the last may update. Audio is choppy and cuts out often. I thought it was a cable issue but that didn't change anything. After a bunch of troubleshooting I noticed it ran fine while the troubleshooter runs, but the troubleshooter takes hours and...
  8. My speakers pass all diagnostic tests,test sounds work, but still don't output any sound

My speakers pass all diagnostic tests,test sounds work, but still don't output any sound: I have these speakers Genius SW G2.1 3000 ands they passed all diagnostic windows tests and test sounds worked but they don't work when i try to use them normally! Help would be greatlyt appreciated...
  9. when i test speakers they test as working. but mic does not - i get nothing

when i test speakers they test as working. but mic does not - i get nothing: when i test speakers they test as working. but mic does not - i get nothing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-test-speakers-they-test-as-working-but-mic/cd14840c-fde7-434b-b6f5-13142b238e17
  10. Mic and Speaker troubleshoot not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mic and Speaker troubleshoot not working: I am going to keep it short. When I go into settings and try to troubleshoot my mic or my headset, a pop up opens with the message "Windows cannot access the specified divide, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." This is my personal...