Windows 10: When I run the Direct X Diagnostic Tool, there is an error with the Media Foundation, what...

Discus and support When I run the Direct X Diagnostic Tool, there is an error with the Media Foundation, what... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I play Overwatch on my PC (I've been playing for years), I get disconnected for no apparent reason. I went to run a Direct X diag test to see if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MichaelHaan, Dec 15, 2019.

1. When I run the Direct X Diagnostic Tool, there is an error with the Media Foundation, what...

When I play Overwatch on my PC (I've been playing for years), I get disconnected for no apparent reason. I went to run a Direct X diag test to see if there was a problem, but the box that appears says that there is "an error with the Media Foundation, would you like to continue without it". When I said yes, the test ran properly and said that nothing is wrong which obviously isn't the case. I was curious as to if this could be the problem with my PC.

:)

MichaelHaan, Dec 15, 2019

2. COD MW2 Direct X error

Thanks for all your replies/suggestions

Okay so,

I'm not running any overlay software.

The issue is consistent, as in every time I complete a mission, the game crashes instead of going into the next cutscene.

There are no errors when I run dxdiag.

I'm about to reinstall direct X, update, and see if that changes anything..

Brutalfate, Dec 15, 2019
  3. Windows 10 shows Direct x 12

Hi Jagdishservi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

• Where have checked for the version of Direct x?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check:

• Press Windows + R keys together.

• Type dxdiag in the run prompt and hit enter.

• Now check for the version of Direct x.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us with the updated status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Dec 15, 2019
  4. When I run the Direct X Diagnostic Tool, there is an error with the Media Foundation, what...

Media Foundation does not work with capture cards

Hi,

I am using Media Foundation to enumerate and capture from camera devices. It throws up an error when I try to select a capture card device . Same behavior is seen on the application that builds out of Microsoft's sample code of media foundation. Error code
    received is 0xc00d36b4 or 0xc00d3704.

This however works fine on a direct show based app.

Does media foundation not support capture cards like Magewell, Osprey, BlackMagic intensity etc ? If yes, then when is this support expected to come ?

Thanks

Parvez

Parvez_Ahmed, Dec 15, 2019
Thema:

When I run the Direct X Diagnostic Tool, there is an error with the Media Foundation, what...

1. When I run the Direct X Diagnostic Tool, there is an error with the Media Foundation, what... - Similar Threads - run Direct Diagnostic

2. Direct x error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Direct x error: direct x function "m_swampchain->resizebuffersm_buffercount, m_info.width, m_info.height, m_outputmode.format, swampchaindesc.flags" failed with dxgi_error_invalid_call "the application provided invalid parameter data; this must be debugged and fixed before the application is...
  3. Direct x error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Direct x error: direct x function "m_swampchain->resizebuffersm_buffercount, m_info.width, m_info.height, m_outputmode.format, swampchaindesc.flags" failed with dxgi_error_invalid_call "the application provided invalid parameter data; this must be debugged and fixed before the application is...
  4. Direct X Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Direct X Error: Hello,So i am getting the following message when trying to launch the game Palworld on Steam:So to rectify this i downloaded the DirectX installer but when trying to install using the installer i get this message:Honestly don't know how to resolve this and i currently cannot...
  5. Direct X Error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Direct X Error: I keep getting a direct x error code at times when minimizing a screen from or to a full screen in any game I play?? Anyone else gets this, if they do and fixed can anyone tell me how?? submitted by /u/Ozity3 [link] [comments]...
  6. DirectX Diagnostic Tool "problem accessing Media Foundation" at pc start

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DirectX Diagnostic Tool "problem accessing Media Foundation" at pc start: "DxDiag has detected that there might have been a problem accessing Media Foundation the last time this program was used. Would you like to bypass Media Foundation this time?" This is the message I have been getting for some time every time I open up my computer. Everything...
  7. direct x error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    direct x error: An internal system error occurred. Please refer to DXError.log and DirectX.log, while installing DirectX. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/direct-x-error/58c4d70d-4072-4403-a402-b11093019650
  8. Direct X diagnostic tool

in Windows 10 Customization
    Direct X diagnostic tool: Does this still exist in Win 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/direct-x-diagnostic-tool/19752cea-e128-4c2d-a5f0-3c20394a816b
  9. What diagnostic tool is this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What diagnostic tool is this?: What program is he using in the video? -Thanks! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paR_oZtNmyI&t=365s 149067
  10. Direct x error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Direct x error: Hello guys, few days ago my laptop faced serious problem about storage and I decided to restore it. After I have restored it while running games such as Rainbow six which I used to play on the same system it gives me an error about failing to create dx11 folder or your...