Windows 10: When I search some applications, it doesn't appear the application's picture

Discus and support When I search some applications, it doesn't appear the application's picture in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I just bought a new computer a few weeks ago, so I started using it a week ago, and recently I noticed that when I search an application, it doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by tspt89, Dec 31, 2018.

1. tspt89 Win User

When I search some applications, it doesn't appear the application's picture

I just bought a new computer a few weeks ago, so I started using it a week ago, and recently I noticed that when I search an application, it doesn't appear the picture of the application, it appear like this:

When I search some applications, it doesn't appear the application's picture 3e1df527-5015-4f12-a88b-da816ccb692d?upload=true.png

:)

tspt89, Dec 31, 2018
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

When I search some applications, it doesn't appear the application's picture [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jan 10, 2020
  4. tspt89 Win User

I just bought a new computer a few weeks ago, so I started using it a week ago, and recently I noticed that when I search an application, it doesn't appear the picture of the application, it appear like this:

When I search some applications, it doesn't appear the application's picture 3e1df527-5015-4f12-a88b-da816ccb692d?upload=true.png

tspt89, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

1. When I search some applications, it doesn't appear the application's picture - Similar Threads - search applications doesn't

2. White dots appear in some applications.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White dots appear in some applications.: I am facing an issue with white dots. They randomly appear on my screen in some applications and goes away when I bring cursor near them. The applications are steam, epic games, outlook, MS Word, Visual Studio Code, Riot Client and many more. I thought that it's a problem...
  3. White dots appear in some applications.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    White dots appear in some applications.: I am facing an issue with white dots. They randomly appear on my screen in some applications and goes away when I bring cursor near them. The applications are steam, epic games, outlook, MS Word, Visual Studio Code, Riot Client and many more. I thought that it's a problem...
  4. Why are icons of some applications are appearing in start menu but not search menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why are icons of some applications are appearing in start menu but not search menu?: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/3w4fhzigtbra1.png?width=649&format=png&auto=webp&s=c86e5e7427ac69cabfd38af3090440d644db8d5f https://preview.redd.it/ynk9qyigtbra1.png?width=652&format=png&auto=webp&s=062ee9ea000bac08e84f0c9dccf322f553c0b38b...
  5. Some application icons not appearing on taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some application icons not appearing on taskbar: Hi, all,Not sure when this started, but I noticed recently that some applications, when open, don't show their proper icon on the taskbar see below. Most apps show it just fine Twitter, WhatsApp web app, Instagram web app, MS To-do, Google Calendar web app, Spotify, Telegram...
  6. Some application icons not appearing on taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some application icons not appearing on taskbar: Hi, all,Not sure when this started, but I noticed recently that some applications, when open, don't show their proper icon on the taskbar see below. Most apps show it just fine Twitter, WhatsApp web app, Instagram web app, MS To-do, Google Calendar web app, Spotify, Telegram...
  7. White dots appear on some applications

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    White dots appear on some applications: I don't know why I got these white dots expanding randomly on some apps, such as on browsers, epic games, steam and games. Idk why this happens, I just bought this laptop 10 days ago. It happened all of a sudden, and the only solution I found was to disable the GPU. Why does...
  8. Some applications appear in the 'Headphones' in Volume Mixer and some applications appear...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Some applications appear in the 'Headphones' in Volume Mixer and some applications appear...: I was trying to play a game on my computer and it had no sound. When I checked volume mixer, I couldn't see the application in the headphones section but I could see everything else except for the one game. However, checking the speakers showed that the game was there, but...
  9. Some applications appear blurry...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some applications appear blurry...: So basically, my new laptop has a 1080p screen. Some applications such as first class (email) and others appear in lower resolution or/and are not very sharp. I have turned on the setting which makes windows "unblurry" apps but it did not change anything. Furthermore, I...
  10. Icons of inbuilt applications not appearing when I search it on Windows search.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons of inbuilt applications not appearing when I search it on Windows search.: Hello all, I have been facing this problem for the past two days, Icons of normal inbuilt applications such as Store, Settings show up when I look for it manually in the list in the start button. (picture attached). [ATTACH] The icons are displayed during a manual...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when i search application it doesnt appear