Windows 10: When I select one folder to open all the folders above it are selected from the beginning...

Discus and support When I select one folder to open all the folders above it are selected from the beginning... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Recently I've come across a weird problem in which my folders in 'This PC' are automatically getting selected and when I try to open any drive Drive D... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Tosfeer Ahmed, Mar 27, 2023.

1. When I select one folder to open all the folders above it are selected from the beginning...

Recently I've come across a weird problem in which my folders in 'This PC' are automatically getting selected and when I try to open any drive Drive D for example, I end up opening all the folders that were selected automatically. Not just this, Other softwares too are behaving weird, Whenever I open any software ,It starts to do some background process It gets highlighted with orange color in taskbar [For Example, When I open chrome it starts some background process and automatically types previously searched text in the search bar when I click on the search bar]. Although the problem get

:)

Tosfeer Ahmed, Mar 27, 2023
  2. shuggans Win User

Opening a Folder in VC++

Jack28,
    I would look into using a FolderBrowserDialog object in your application. This will open a dialog that lets you select a folder. Then use
    Code: FolderBrowserDialog1.selecteditem[/quote] to return the output string of the folder into a textbox, set the textbox enabled property to false so that they cannot type in the path, they have to get the path by selecting the folder using the folder browser.
    This will endure your program never throws a directory not found exception and crashing itself.
    This is what I have always doen and it works quite nicely.

shuggans, Mar 27, 2023
  3. ctrain Win User
    Opening a Folder in VC++

[/quote] to return the output string of the folder into a textbox, set the textbox enabled property to false so that they cannot type in the path, they have to get the path by selecting the folder using the folder browser.
    This will endure your program never throws a directory not found exception and crashing itself.
    This is what I have always doen and it works quite nicely. Click to expand... This is .NET, not native Win32

ctrain, Mar 27, 2023
  4. Jacko28 Win User

When I select one folder to open all the folders above it are selected from the beginning...

Opening a Folder in VC++

I've recently started learning VC++ and it's coming along quite nicley, I've now been given a little task by my boss to add a button to an excisting Incident report program.

All the button needs to do is open a new explorer window and open the folder selected in the incident report program. There isn't a deadline for it, it's just to assist in my learning.

I'm not asking for anyone to do it for me, i just need a few suggestions on how to do this so i'm looking in the correct direction?

Thanks

Jacko28, Mar 27, 2023
Thema:

When I select one folder to open all the folders above it are selected from the beginning...

1. When I select one folder to open all the folders above it are selected from the beginning... - Similar Threads - select folder open

2. In Windows 11 when I try to rename a folder, the folder above is selected by Windows to be...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In Windows 11 when I try to rename a folder, the folder above is selected by Windows to be...: In this snip I selected "Work" to be renamed and "Sons" was selected by Windows as the folder to be renamed.Individual files within a folder can be renamed with no problem.I have restarted and updated several times since I first noticed this issue.Any help would be...
  3. When I select one folder to open all the folders above it are selected from the beginning...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I select one folder to open all the folders above it are selected from the beginning...: Recently I've come across a weird problem in which my folders in 'This PC' are automatically getting selected and when I try to open any drive Drive D for example, I end up opening all the folders that were selected automatically. Not just this, Other softwares too are...
  4. In Windows 11 when I try to rename a folder, the folder above is selected by Windows to be...

In Windows 11 when I try to rename a folder, the folder above is selected by Windows to be...: In this snip I selected "Work" to be renamed and "Sons" was selected by Windows as the folder to be renamed.Individual files within a folder can be renamed with no problem.I have restarted and updated several times since I first noticed this issue.Any help would be...
  5. When I select one folder to open all the folders above it are selected from the beginning...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    When I select one folder to open all the folders above it are selected from the beginning...: Recently I've come across a weird problem in which my folders in 'This PC' are automatically getting selected and when I try to open any drive Drive D for example, I end up opening all the folders that were selected automatically. Not just this, Other softwares too are...
  6. Selective folders in one drive disappeared from my one drive folder

Selective folders in one drive disappeared from my one drive folder: I think my laptop was hacked and selective important folders have completely disappeared from my one drive with nothing in one drive recycling folder. Does Microsoft keep back records prior to 15th March 2023. It looks like someone access my account. I had a single passcode...
  7. Selective folders in one drive disappeared from my one drive folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Selective folders in one drive disappeared from my one drive folder: I think my laptop was hacked and selective important folders have completely disappeared from my one drive with nothing in one drive recycling folder. Does Microsoft keep back records prior to 15th March 2023. It looks like someone access my account. I had a single passcode...
  8. Change folder to open when selecting folder in start menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change folder to open when selecting folder in start menu: [ATTACH] This might sound like a weird one, but essentially the Documents folder on Windows is a mess, so I have my own "Documents" folder created elsewhere, and I'd like to change which folder opens when selecting this option in the Start Menu. Is this possible through...
  9. Windows selects multiple folders on selecting single folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows selects multiple folders on selecting single folder: Windows selects multiple files/folders when tapping a single file/folder and when I try to open that file ,windows explorer opens all the files in multiple windows....and it's very annoying.. can't do anything with the laptop and some issues with the keyboard occurs when this...
  10. At one time, seeing what are inside ALL the selected folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    At one time, seeing what are inside ALL the selected folders: Simplified, any suggestions how I could see inside of Folder A, B, C at one time Presently, I can only see what is inside of each at a time Background: I have a iPod Nano to listen to only podcasts--no music or anything else iTunes downloads new podcasts and updates into...