Windows 10: When I set a best performance level CPU performance is too low.

Discus and support When I set a best performance level CPU performance is too low. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I connect the charger that time will turbo boost is enabled. Otherwise, The turbo boost is disabled(on battery). I changed all of the performance... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by VickyVignesh1, Dec 17, 2019.

1. When I set a best performance level CPU performance is too low.

When I connect the charger that time will turbo boost is enabled. Otherwise, The turbo boost is disabled(on battery). I changed all of the performance options base clock speed is working. Even though I set into the best performance option base clock speed (up to 2.30GHz) will be working. But, when connecting charger that time will be CPU speed up to 4.1GHz. I am using the windows 10 HOME SINGLE LANGUAGE.

:)

VickyVignesh1, Dec 17, 2019
  2. InTech Win User

My Desktop Performance issue

My desktop computer specification is

• Processor: AMD FX 8320
    • Motherboard: Asus M5A97
    • RAM: Kingston HyperX 16 GB (8*2)
    • HD: 1TB WD Black
    • Graphics Card: 2GB Saphire 5450
    • SMPS: Cooler Master 650W

I optimized my desktop computer well.

• Limited applications are installed in my desktop computer.
    • Limited applications are enabled in startup.
    • In msconfig, limited services are enabled.
    • Browsers are optimized.
    • No games are installed.
    • No temp/ junk files
    • Internet Speed is fine.
    • Internet Security is updated and working fine.
    • In Task Manager, CPU usages and temperature are normal.

However, its performance is low.

• Please guide me for additional steps or in-depth steps for its improved performance.
    • And I would like to diagnose its benchmark performance. What applications I can use for it?

With Regards

InTech

InTech, Dec 17, 2019
  3. CPU performance at 80% utilisation.

Hi,

In order for us to properly address your issue, we would like to ask a few questions with the CPU performance.

• Have you made any changes or updates to your PC prior to this?
    • When did you start experiencing this issue?
    To troubleshoot and diagnose the issue, we suggest that you refer to this
    Wiki article
    created by

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP).

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Dec 17, 2019
  4. Noor_Azam Win User

When I set a best performance level CPU performance is too low.

low performance when battery is disconnected

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Who is the manufacturer of the computer?
    • When the battery was taken out, was the power plan setting changed?
    • What is the current BIOS version running on your computer? If the BIOS is outdated, please get in touch with the computer manufacturer and get the BIOS updated.

Disclaimer:Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting
    properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Since the battery is swollen, I suggest you to get the battery replaced.

There should not be any low performance issue, if the battery is removed from the laptop. I suggest you to the inbuilt troubleshooter for Power and have a check with the issue.

• Press Windows logo key + I to open
      Settings.
    • Select Update & Security.
    • Click on Troubleshoot.
    • Select Power and run the troubleshooter.

Please check with the Power plan settings from control panel and restore the plan to default settings. If you still face the same issue, I suggest you to create a new power plan, then check with issue.

Follow the steps mentioned below to create a new power plan.

1. Press Windows logo key + R and type
      control panel, click on OK.
    2. Click on Power options.
    3. Click on Create a Power plan.
    4. Select an option from Balanced,
      Power saver and High performance, name the plan and click
      Next to continue.
    5. Change the sleep and display setting if needed, and hit
      Create to finish the task and have a check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Noor Azam S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Noor_Azam, Dec 17, 2019
Thema:

When I set a best performance level CPU performance is too low.

1. When I set a best performance level CPU performance is too low. - Similar Threads - set best performance

2. Best performance for apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Best performance for apps: How do I add apps to graphics settings for best performance. I recently tried adding CSGO, but when I search desktop apps I cant find it, but when I manually type in CSGO and add it to highest performance it disappears when I open settings again?...
  3. Best performance for apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Best performance for apps: How do I add apps to graphics settings for best performance. I recently tried adding CSGO, but when I search desktop apps I cant find it, but when I manually type in CSGO and add it to highest performance it disappears when I open settings again?...
  4. Best performance for apps

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Slow performance but low memory and CPU usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slow performance but low memory and CPU usage: Hello, I've just recently built a new computer and I'm now running into the problem that Windows is getting really slow like opening the Windows Explorer takes forever while CPU/memory/disk usage is all below 10%. My setup: AMD Ryzen 9 5900x at 4.2GHz w/ a be quiet! Dark...
  6. disk and cpu performance reaching 100% and system performance is too bad

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    disk and cpu performance reaching 100% and system performance is too bad: I tried all the solutions in YouTube and as well as in the Microsoft community website but its not showing any effect on my operating system. I changed my operating system too but still having the problem as same as before nothing changes. please help me to get rid off this...
  7. low performance when battery is disconnected

low performance when battery is disconnected: Performance is reduced drastically when i disconnect my laptop battery, i have to disconnect it because its getting too swollen and i fear it will blow up. So, is windows reducing performance because its not detecting any battery? Or do my laptop needs the battery to perform...
  8. performance , CPU

performance , CPU: oops i darent turn my programmes off, its a nightmare if all goes wrong, problem here is the system reserve, is building up, have deleted my backups to make room, so cant roll back or anything...
  9. low performance

low performance: I have been using asus VivoBook R542uQ which has i7 8th gen processor with 8 gb ram and a nvidia 940mx but still my laptop is too slow.What problem might be causing such performance issue.please help!!...
  10. CPU Performance

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CPU Performance: I am curious if anyone is running an FX-8370 with windows 10 and noticed a performance increase? Same goes for Intel, I would be curious if the extra cost is worth it after windows 10. 7037