Windows 10: when i shut down or put to sleep my PC it wakes up again

Discus and support when i shut down or put to sleep my PC it wakes up again in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So, yeah, I don't have much to say. I saw another guy who had a kind of similar problem, but I didn't find the answer there. When I shut down or put to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JohnStroe, Dec 17, 2020.

1. JohnStroe Win User

when i shut down or put to sleep my PC it wakes up again

So, yeah, I don't have much to say. I saw another guy who had a kind of similar problem, but I didn't find the answer there. When I shut down or put to sleep my PC it automatically powers up again. I don't do anything, just shut it down or put it to sleep then walk away. Any ideas?

:)

JohnStroe, Dec 17, 2020
  2. Heshie75v Win User

PC shuts down after trying to wake from sleep mode.

After my Win 10 PC goes into the sleep mode and I try to wake it, the PC just shuts itself down.
    I have not tried much of anything to fix this. Any suggestions ?
    Thanks

Heshie75v, Dec 17, 2020
  3. PC shuts down a while after waking up from sleep.

Hi,

I would suggest you to check your screen saver or themes settings if they are configured correctly so that your PC doesn't shut down after waking from sleep.

Hope this helps.

Joy Kemprai, Dec 17, 2020
  4. when i shut down or put to sleep my PC it wakes up again

Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Hi,

Issues that arise after waking up the PC from sleep mode might have been caused by a software conflict or system file corruption. For us to clarify the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?
    • Did you notice any recent system changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are having issues waking your PC from sleep, we suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter
    as an initial troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot, and then press Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.
    • Follow the onscreen guide.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Dec 17, 2020
Thema:

when i shut down or put to sleep my PC it wakes up again

1. when i shut down or put to sleep my PC it wakes up again - Similar Threads - shut down put

2. My PC shuts down when put to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC shuts down when put to sleep: My PC shuts down when put to sleep, whenever I start-up but I don't login the sleep works just fine but when I login it doesn't work. When I put it to sleep the screen turns off and goes into sleep mode and I can hear something shut down I think it's the hard drive but the...
  3. My PC shuts down when put to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC shuts down when put to sleep: My PC shuts down when put to sleep, whenever I start-up but I don't login the sleep works just fine but when I login it doesn't work. When I put it to sleep the screen turns off and goes into sleep mode and I can hear something shut down I think it's the hard drive but the...
  4. PC shuts down randomly when I put it in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC shuts down randomly when I put it in sleep mode: Randomly whenever I put my PC into sleep mode, when I come pack and turn it on it acts as if I had shut it down. When i run the powercfg -systempowerreport that says its an abnormal shutdown. In the event logs, it creates most notably an error and a critical error message....
  5. PC shuts down randomly when I put it in sleep mode

PC shuts down randomly when I put it in sleep mode: Randomly whenever I put my PC into sleep mode, when I come pack and turn it on it acts as if I had shut it down. When i run the powercfg -systempowerreport that says its an abnormal shutdown. In the event logs, it creates most notably an error and a critical error message....
  6. My PC immediately wakes up from sleep or shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My PC immediately wakes up from sleep or shut down: Whenever I put my pc to sleep it shut down for a second and than immediately something clicks and then it turns back on. I tried the command--powercfg -lastwake-- in cmd and it says amd usb 3.10 extensible host controller - 1.10 microsoft this wakes it up...
  7. My PC immediately wakes up from sleep or shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC immediately wakes up from sleep or shut down: Whenever I put my pc to sleep it shut down for a second and than immediately something clicks and then it turns back on. I tried the command--powercfg -lastwake-- in cmd and it says amd usb 3.10 extensible host controller - 1.10 microsoft this wakes it up...
  8. My PC immediately wakes up from sleep or shut down

9. PC shuts down when put to sleep

PC shuts down when put to sleep: Hello all,Whenever I try to put my PC to sleep, it seems to shut all the way down. But it turns back on when I move my mouse, I don't have to touch the power button, and I get a 'windows was not shut down correctly' error in Reliability History. I suspect it is corrupted...
  10. Computer shuts down when put to sleep

Computer shuts down when put to sleep: When I close the lid of my new laptop, it shuts down instead of staying in sleep mode. I've triple checked that the computer is set to Sleep (NOT Shut Down) when the lid is closed. It seems to Sleep for a short time, then Shut Down. Battery at 90%, so that isn't the issue. I...