Windows 10: When I start an app then move to another virtual desktop the app starts in the other...

Discus and support When I start an app then move to another virtual desktop the app starts in the other... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; It's really annoying because I like to have 1 virtual desktop open for Zoom and 1 open for Google docs and slides and whatever study material I need.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BryanLam_806, Aug 13, 2020.

1. When I start an app then move to another virtual desktop the app starts in the other...

It's really annoying because I like to have 1 virtual desktop open for Zoom and 1 open for Google docs and slides and whatever study material I need. Then when the teacher enters breakout rooms zoom closes then re-opens, and if I'm in the desktop for study material then the breakout rooms will open in that virtual desktop. This also applies for games with launchers like Minecraft: if I start up the game via launcher on virtual desktop 1 then switch to virtual desktop 2 it opens in virtual desktop 2. How do I stop this from happening or is there no way to do so? Thanks

:)

BryanLam_806, Aug 13, 2020

2. Problem pinning apps to the start menu

Not sure if this will help.

To add an item to the Start list, simply drag it into the Start list area. You can do this from within the Start menu of course, but you can also drag an item from the desktop or a File Explorer window: Just drag it onto the Start button first, and after the Start menu has opened you can drag it from there into the Start list.

What can you add to the Start list? Virtually anything. Documents and other files. Any folder. Desktop application, Modern app, or web app shortcuts.

You can also reorder the items in the Start list using drag-and-drop.

AmericanPharaoh, Aug 13, 2020
  3. Desktop is default on start-up and app closing

Hi Ed,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

Please be informed that it is as per the Windows 10 Operating system
    design.

If you wish to access the Start screen similar to Windows 8.1, follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + I keys on the keyboard to open the settings menu.

• Click on Personalization.

• Select Start from the left navigation pane.

• Turn on the Use start full screen.
    After performing above steps, if you click on the Windows button at the top left corner on the desktop screen, you may access the Start screen similar to Windows 8/8.1 Operating system.

If you have any suggestions about Windows 10, I suggest you to post your valuable feedback about Windows 10 in feedback app. So, that it will be helpful for the developers to integrate the changes suggested by you.

Open start menu, type Feedback app in search bar and click on feedback app to open it. Post your suggestions in feedback app.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Aug 13, 2020
  4. When I start an app then move to another virtual desktop the app starts in the other...

Problem pinning apps to the start menu

yes it's very powerful...my issue was it stopped working, had to create a new profile and start again....

reddwarf4ever, Aug 13, 2020
Thema:

When I start an app then move to another virtual desktop the app starts in the other...

1. When I start an app then move to another virtual desktop the app starts in the other... - Similar Threads - start app move

2. Apps on taskbar can't be moved on taskbar when starting computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps on taskbar can't be moved on taskbar when starting computer.: I've been recently getting this issue with my computer when I start it. My apps can be opened but it just looks like a minor bug going on with my taskbar where I can't drag the apps left and right and some windows don't appear in front of other windows when clicked on. The...
  3. Apps on taskbar can't be moved on taskbar when starting computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps on taskbar can't be moved on taskbar when starting computer.: I've been recently getting this issue with my computer when I start it. My apps can be opened but it just looks like a minor bug going on with my taskbar where I can't drag the apps left and right and some windows don't appear in front of other windows when clicked on. The...
  4. Apps on taskbar can't be moved on taskbar when starting computer.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Another User: Taskbar Empty, Apps/Start Menu Not Starting

in Windows 10 Support
    Another User: Taskbar Empty, Apps/Start Menu Not Starting: Hello, So I recently updated my computer to 20H2 (W10 Pro 19042.630). Also, I removed the video card (GTX 670) and blew out dust from inside the case. Long story short. What's not happening is that when I login to any account, that account loads just fine. But when I attempt...
  6. Multiple virtual desktops app switch disable, when app in another window already open

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Multiple virtual desktops app switch disable, when app in another window already open: Hi, I recently started to use the multiple desktop funcktion on windows 10. My problem: when i have an program open on virtual desktop 1 for example a pdf reader, and im on another virtual desktop 2, and open a pdf it jumps back to the virtual desktop 1 and shows the said...
  7. start menu and other apps not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    start menu and other apps not working: whenever I click on my start button a blue message pops up saying 'Critical Error' and it asks me to sign out. I also can't use the search bar, Spotify or even go into my settings. Is there something wrong with my PC or is it just some sort of a bug? I would appreciate it if...
  8. Moving APP to another Drive "Delete other apps, to use this drive the other apps must be...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Moving APP to another Drive "Delete other apps, to use this drive the other apps must be...: I am trying to move a game form one drive to another. I have a lot of very important information on my other drive and don't want to delete anything. What other apps does it want to uninstall, is it safe to do so?...
  9. Move Open App from One Virtual Desktop to Another in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Move Open App from One Virtual Desktop to Another in Windows 10: How to: Move Open App from One Virtual Desktop to Another in Windows 10 How to Move Open App from One Virtual Desktop to Another in Windows 10 Task View is a virtual desktop manager in Windows 10 that allows you quickly switch between all of your open apps on multiple...
  10. Start Menu Apps to Desktop?

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Apps to Desktop?: Is there a way to move apps from the Start Menu to folders on the Desktop? I want to put all games that are now tiles in my Start Menu to a Games Folder on my Desktop. 46338