Windows 10: When I start my computer, all access to it is closed because of the "Recovery" screen

Discus and support When I start my computer, all access to it is closed because of the "Recovery" screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After not having any problems, my computer HP OMEN 15-dc0006la suddenly opened to a blue screen that said "Recovery", A required device is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ernesto_R, May 24, 2021.

1. Ernesto_R Win User

When I start my computer, all access to it is closed because of the "Recovery" screen

After not having any problems, my computer HP OMEN 15-dc0006la suddenly opened to a blue screen that said "Recovery", A required device is not connected or cannot be accessed:Error code: 0xc0000185I tried to make the recovery to install a Windows 10 media installer on a USB several times, although it turned off in the repair screen and I could never access that menu again, any time I pressed f10, f9 for System Startup Options I simply It returned to the same blue screen, I tried the same System Recovery, but like the previous one, again I had the problem of going back to the beginnin

:)

Ernesto_R, May 24, 2021

2. Unable to access HP Simple Pass to Sign-in to the computer on Windows 10

Hi Jerome,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing HP simple pass after upgrading to Windows 10. We will help you with this issue.

• Do let us know the make and model of your computer?
    • Have you installed HP simple pass software on your computer?

Try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to download the latest HP Simple Pass software from the manufacturer's website install it and check if it helps.

Step 2: If you have already installed the software, I suggest you to re-install it and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to Access Recovery Manager:

• Press Start button from the keyboard, type Recover Manager.
    • Select Recovery Manager from the list when it becomes available. Allow the action to continue, if prompted. The
      HP Recovery Manager opens.
    • Click Software program re-installation, Next , select
      HP SimplePass for the listing and then follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall application

Hope it helps. Try the above and get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, May 24, 2021
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    start key does not work...can't access email

Yes, you can access safe mode using Command Prompt. To do it we suggest following the steps below:

• Open Command Prompt.
    • Type in bcdedit /set {default} safeboot network and click
      Enter
    • Close the Command Prompt window by clicking the X in the upper right corner.
    • The Choose an option screen will show. Select Continue and sign in to Windows using your account name and password.
    • You can then perform steps provided above to check if it will resolve the issue.

Furthermore, if the troubleshooting is done and you want to boot normally, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open Command Prompt.
    • Type in bcdedit /deletevalue {default} safeboot
      and click Enter.
    • Close the Command Prompt window by clicking the X in the upper right corner.
    • The Choose an option screen will show. Select Continue.
    • It will then starts normally.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Mayra Aqu, May 24, 2021
  4. When I start my computer, all access to it is closed because of the "Recovery" screen

Desktop is default on start-up and app closing

Hi Ed,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

Please be informed that it is as per the Windows 10 Operating system
    design.

If you wish to access the Start screen similar to Windows 8.1, follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + I keys on the keyboard to open the settings menu.

• Click on Personalization.

• Select Start from the left navigation pane.

• Turn on the Use start full screen.
    After performing above steps, if you click on the Windows button at the top left corner on the desktop screen, you may access the Start screen similar to Windows 8/8.1 Operating system.

If you have any suggestions about Windows 10, I suggest you to post your valuable feedback about Windows 10 in feedback app. So, that it will be helpful for the developers to integrate the changes suggested by you.

Open start menu, type Feedback app in search bar and click on feedback app to open it. Post your suggestions in feedback app.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, May 24, 2021
Thema:

When I start my computer, all access to it is closed because of the "Recovery" screen

1. When I start my computer, all access to it is closed because of the "Recovery" screen - Similar Threads - start computer access

2. I can’t access my recovery key because I can’t change my recovery email.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can’t access my recovery key because I can’t change my recovery email.: I need to get my Bitlocker recovery key but I can’t change my recovery email because I don’t know the password or have access to it in my outlook. When I try to see my recovery key it gives the option to 1 send an email to my recovery email or 2 “I have a code. I don’t have...
  3. I can’t access my recovery key because I can’t change my recovery email.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can’t access my recovery key because I can’t change my recovery email.: I need to get my Bitlocker recovery key but I can’t change my recovery email because I don’t know the password or have access to it in my outlook. When I try to see my recovery key it gives the option to 1 send an email to my recovery email or 2 “I have a code. I don’t have...
  4. I can’t access my recovery key because I can’t change my recovery email.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Problem with my computer. I don't have access to my recovery key id because I have...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with my computer. I don't have access to my recovery key id because I have...: Split from this thread. Hi I have problem with my computer I don't have access to my recovery key id because I have different number https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-my-computer-i-dont-have-access-to-my/3c60405d-4f7e-417c-afc7-c289d42f3afe
  6. Problem with my computer. I don't have access to my recovery key id because I have...

Problem with my computer. I don't have access to my recovery key id because I have...: Split from this thread. Hi I have problem with my computer I don't have access to my recovery key id because I have different number https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-my-computer-i-dont-have-access-to-my/3c60405d-4f7e-417c-afc7-c289d42f3afe
  7. My screen will not go off when I close my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My screen will not go off when I close my computer: I am running Windows 11 pro on a Dell latitude 7390 2in1. Recently I have noticed my screen stays on when I close the lid. Do you think it is a software glitch or hardware malfunction?...
  8. My screen will not go off when I close my computer

My screen will not go off when I close my computer: I am running Windows 11 pro on a Dell latitude 7390 2in1. Recently I have noticed my screen stays on when I close the lid. Do you think it is a software glitch or hardware malfunction?...
  9. When i start my computer its directly opening sign in screen is that fine? Because i dont...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When i start my computer its directly opening sign in screen is that fine? Because i dont...: When i start my computer its directly opening sign in screen is that fine? Because i dont have to click the lock screen? Pls help private message me if you can help i really need help :...
  10. All programs closing when I lock my computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    All programs closing when I lock my computer: Hi all,This appear to be an intermittent issue that has started happening the last few days. Sometimes when I lock my computer and return 5-10 minutes later all of the programs I had open including Edge have been shut down. I've not changed any settings etc, I'm plugged into...