Windows 10: When I start typing text in START search bar, instead of icons on the left there's a gap.

Discus and support When I start typing text in START search bar, instead of icons on the left there's a gap. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I'm kind of bugged out and kinda being irritated by this one thing. To simply put it, when I'm writting something when I have pressed the START... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MariusStravinskas1, Aug 30, 2019.

1. When I start typing text in START search bar, instead of icons on the left there's a gap.

Hello,
    I'm kind of bugged out and kinda being irritated by this one thing. To simply put it, when I'm writting something when I have pressed the START button the power button icon and others above dissapear leaving a blank space. Anyone has acrossed by this issue and has an answer for it, or is this some kind of feature?
    When I start typing text in START search bar, instead of icons on the left there's a gap. a26d2132-a416-4c48-83cb-5301fb752389?upload=true.png When I start typing text in START search bar, instead of icons on the left there's a gap. 6bae98bd-9480-4269-b2ce-e6cb0c99ee3f?upload=true.png When I start typing text in START search bar, instead of icons on the left there's a gap. fec6f979-dfae-4e56-bbf6-55170da7c5ac?upload=true.png When I start typing text in START search bar, instead of icons on the left there's a gap. e9bbaf81-756f-49a3-8288-1ddac2fb8dfe?upload=true.png

:)

MariusStravinskas1, Aug 30, 2019
  2. Kit :) Win User

Windows 10 - start menu, search bar and network icon not working on left left clicking.

Windows 10 - start menu, search bar and network icon is not clickable with left click and cannot type on the search bar.

Kit :), Aug 30, 2019
  3. ksstr Win User
    Unable to type text in any of start (search func)

• As mentioned in title, I was unable to type in the start (press start > press any key to search)
    • Unable to type wifi password too (but can paste) > essentially the wifi passcode textbox that popups up from taskbar
    • I have tried many well-known antiviruses, malwarebytes etc. but none could solve the issue
    • I have also tried powershell scripts to fix but it doesn't work either:
      When I start typing text in START search bar, instead of icons on the left there's a gap. [​IMG]

ksstr, Aug 30, 2019
  4. Eddie Doc Win User

When I start typing text in START search bar, instead of icons on the left there's a gap.

Start Menu Full Text Labels instead of Icons

Hi,

If you click on the three lines at top left of the start menu it opens to the right to show text. Is that what you mean?

Eddie Doc, Aug 30, 2019
Thema:

When I start typing text in START search bar, instead of icons on the left there's a gap.

1. When I start typing text in START search bar, instead of icons on the left there's a gap. - Similar Threads - start typing text

2. Can't type in start menu search bar?

in Cortana
    Can't type in start menu search bar?: Today i started facing this issue after i set my system's locale to japan so i could run some software.The language options on the bottom right of the bar disappeared and suddenly I wasn't able to type anything in the search box of the start menu. or the settings. I tried...
  3. Theres a text delay when I type in the search bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Theres a text delay when I type in the search bar: I have no idea how to fix this problem, I spent around a hour trying to fix it last night but nothing worked. I tried youtube tutorials and all of them were outdated and didn't work. I don't know whats causing this to happen. Video of what it looks like submitted by...
  4. start typing to search

in Windows 10 Customization
    start typing to search: hi Microsoft: I like to know that I do not have start typing to search on my start menu in Windows 10 2004 as in here, https://i3g4v6w8.stackpathcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/start-typing-search-windows-10-20h1.jpg. Where can I get that on mine?...
  5. problem with my start/search bar on Windows. Can't type in search bar

in Windows 10 Support
    problem with my start/search bar on Windows. Can't type in search bar: Hello, I am on Windows 10. I got on my computer this morning and noticed I had an issue with my window search bar. Whenever I click in the bottom left search, I got a popup that says Undo and Paste. It's almost as if I was right clicking. If I click the start button I also...
  6. Start menu starts floating when searching by text input

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu starts floating when searching by text input: Hi all I noticed a curious behaviour with my windows. As soon as I start typing into the Start menu, the menu floats up to the top portion of my screen. Is this how its supposed to work?? I am attaching a screen shots below Click start: [ATTACH] Start to type :...
  7. Start Menu Full Text Labels instead of Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Full Text Labels instead of Icons: Hi, I just installed Windows 10 and have been watching some youtube videos and tutorials about it. During some of the videos I noticed the start menu was different to mine. So I was wondering how do I enable full texted labels instead of just the icons when I click the start...
  8. Start menu closes when I type instead of searching

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu closes when I type instead of searching: Sometimes when I open the start menu and start typing, the start menu closes instead of searching for the character string that I type. Why does it do this? Thanks. 100601
  9. Unable to type text in any of start (search func)

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to type text in any of start (search func): As mentioned in title, I was unable to type in the start (press start > press any key to search) Unable to type wifi password too (but can paste) > essentially the wifi passcode textbox that popups up from taskbar I have tried many well-known antiviruses, malwarebytes etc....
  10. start menu shows icons instead of icon with text description

in Windows 10 Support
    start menu shows icons instead of icon with text description: I used to be able to press the windows key and scroll up with the up arrow key to select the power button but now by default, the up arrow key selects the programs instead. I believe this has to do with the left pane start menu becoming marginalized / minimized. Is there a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why is the search button typing from right to left