Windows 10: when I swiched to microsoft edge, I lost my sound and now it says no speakers no hard drive

Discus and support when I swiched to microsoft edge, I lost my sound and now it says no speakers no hard drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have no sound and it now says I have no device and no speakers. This happened when I switched to microsoft edge... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by IreneJacoby, Aug 10, 2019.

1. when I swiched to microsoft edge, I lost my sound and now it says no speakers no hard drive

I have no sound and it now says I have no device and no speakers. This happened when I switched to microsoft edge

:)

IreneJacoby, Aug 10, 2019
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue when I swiched to microsoft edge, I lost my sound and now it says no speakers no hard drive :p

cadaveca, Aug 10, 2019
  3. StevePYYZ Win User
    no sound plays through internal speakers

I cannot get any sound to play through the internal speakers of my laptop. It did play previously. The speaker in the task bar has a red and white x and the trouble shooter says no speakers headphones plugged in. When I pull up the info on sound it lists
    its location at HDMI port. Suggestions?

StevePYYZ, Aug 10, 2019
  4. fireberd Win User

when I swiched to microsoft edge, I lost my sound and now it says no speakers no hard drive

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Aug 10, 2019
Thema:

when I swiched to microsoft edge, I lost my sound and now it says no speakers no hard drive

1. when I swiched to microsoft edge, I lost my sound and now it says no speakers no hard drive - Similar Threads - swiched microsoft edge

2. Microsoft Edge speakers sound bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge speakers sound bar: Hello. Today i noticed that at sound icon in task bar appears a microsoft edge sound bar. What is that? Is that normal? I don't remember it appearing again in the past. Τοday i install the latest update of Win11 23H2 if this is the reason* Changed to a question...
  3. Microsoft Edge speakers sound bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge speakers sound bar: Hello. Today i noticed that at sound icon in task bar appears a microsoft edge sound bar. What is that? Is that normal? I don't remember it appearing again in the past. Τοday i install the latest update of Win11 23H2 if this is the reason* Changed to a question...
  4. Microsoft Edge speakers sound bar

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I lost sound on my laptop speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I lost sound on my laptop speakers: On November, after all Windows updates Win 10 with 22H2-build 19045-2251 and little work on my laptop Emails and Ms Office I lost sound on speakers but still works in my headphones.Lenovo B50 /Realtek audio manager,6.0.1.8228.Last time Sept -Oct I used second screen on HDMI...
  6. I lost sound on my laptop speakers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I lost sound on my laptop speakers: On November, after all Windows updates Win 10 with 22H2-build 19045-2251 and little work on my laptop Emails and Ms Office I lost sound on speakers but still works in my headphones.Lenovo B50 /Realtek audio manager,6.0.1.8228.Last time Sept -Oct I used second screen on HDMI...
  7. I lost sound on my laptop speakers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. I cant swich between earphones and laptop speakers when earphones are connected via...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I cant swich between earphones and laptop speakers when earphones are connected via...: my earphones takes place of laptop speaker even in devices also it shows earphones as speakers nameand dont give option to change between earphone and laptop speakereven if I am using bluetooth earphones then I can swich b/w them and laptop speaker but as I plugin normal...
  9. When I Turn On My Computer It Says That Hard Drive Is Not Found

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    When I Turn On My Computer It Says That Hard Drive Is Not Found: When I Turn On My Computer It Says That Hard Drive Is Not Found And It Gives Me These Options press f1 to continue and when i continue it says boot device is not found 2. press f2 to change boot settings and i have tried every setting but it is not working and lastly 3. press...
  10. I lost my hard drive and my license?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I lost my hard drive and my license?: Hi everyone recently i lost my hard drive. Before installing a new windows 10 in another hard drive im wondering what will happen with my old windows 10 key, its lost i supose, i don't have any backup avaliable. Then i started to run some recovery stuff to my broken hard...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no sound when i use microsoft edge