Windows 10: When I switched from W7 to W10 it disappeared my desktop photo, even though the placeholder...

Discus and support When I switched from W7 to W10 it disappeared my desktop photo, even though the placeholder... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I had a single photo from a set of three that were part of W7 themes, that I used as my desktop for years; when I finally knuckled under and changed to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DARidge, Nov 15, 2020.

1. DARidge Win User

When I switched from W7 to W10 it disappeared my desktop photo, even though the placeholder...

I had a single photo from a set of three that were part of W7 themes, that I used as my desktop for years; when I finally knuckled under and changed to W10, the placeholder for the original three-photo theme, as well as the one photo from it that I set up as a single theme, are still present in my themes options, but there are no pictures. How can I retrieve the photos? Thanks.

:)

DARidge, Nov 15, 2020
Thema:

When I switched from W7 to W10 it disappeared my desktop photo, even though the placeholder...

1. When I switched from W7 to W10 it disappeared my desktop photo, even though the placeholder... - Similar Threads - switched W10 disappeared

2. W10 from W7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 from W7: Cant seem to get W10 to install. it loads up perfectly fine, up until blue screen. then it just... stops. the pop up i get says ''Windows 10 installation has failed.'' ive tried everything the internet has to offer and nothing works. help me out here......
  3. W10 from W7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 from W7: Cant seem to get W10 to install. it loads up perfectly fine, up until blue screen. then it just... stops. the pop up i get says ''Windows 10 installation has failed.'' ive tried everything the internet has to offer and nothing works. help me out here......
  4. W10 from W7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My desktop theme and photo disappeared when I rebooted.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My desktop theme and photo disappeared when I rebooted.: How do I retrieve them? All I did was reboot. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-desktop-theme-and-photo-disappeared-when-i/5b34fe62-7d26-4a61-9383-f13c7452ddab
  6. My desktop theme and photo disappeared when I rebooted.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My desktop theme and photo disappeared when I rebooted.: How do I retrieve them? All I did was reboot. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-desktop-theme-and-photo-disappeared-when-i/5b34fe62-7d26-4a61-9383-f13c7452ddab
  7. Upgrading from W7 to W10

Upgrading from W7 to W10: I am currently running W7 on an SSD and want to upgrade to W10 on the same hardware. Is this possible? If so, anything special I need to do? I was unable to install the free upgrade when it was available because of the SSD. Thanks....
  8. W7 or W10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    W7 or W10: Hi everyone, I have got W10 for a while. Now I have upgraded my PC. But, Lots of part of the motherboard / sound, graphic / can't work properly, because their drivers were writing for W7. Under W10 they just work on basic level. The issue about the compatibility makes lags...
  9. Return from W10 to W7

Return from W10 to W7: Is there anyway I can replace W10 with W7.This small notebook I purchased came with W8 installed and I then took the free upgrade to W10 but however hard I try W10 is not for me. 27444
  10. Unable to rollback W10 to W7 even though windows.old is on C:\

Unable to rollback W10 to W7 even though windows.old is on C:\: When I try to rollback W10 to W7 I get the message "Sorry, you can't go back. Files we need were removed." I have removed nothing and the 3 files I've found in forums that are needed, Windows.old; $windows.-BT; and $windows.-SW are on my C:\ drive and their properties show...