Windows 10: when I tab out of a game on my primary monitor so I can access my 2nd monitor, my second...

Discus and support when I tab out of a game on my primary monitor so I can access my 2nd monitor, my second... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; obviously when you tab out of a game like warzone on the primary monitor it is going to go black for a second before it goes to the desktop but why is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by biggiec, May 8, 2021.

1. biggiec Win User

when I tab out of a game on my primary monitor so I can access my 2nd monitor, my second...

obviously when you tab out of a game like warzone on the primary monitor it is going to go black for a second before it goes to the desktop but why is it turning my second monitor black too instead of keeping it on. it isn't a huge problem but none of my buddies have it happen to them when they tab out of games.

:)

biggiec, May 8, 2021

2. How to auto-hide taskbar of the second monitor keeping unhide in the primary monitor?

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps below to auto-hide taskbar on second monitor and check if it helps:

Steps:

1. Right click on the taskbar and select
    Properties.

2. In the Taskbar tab under
    Multiple displays, Uncheck the Show taskbar on all displays box.

3. Click on Apply
    and Ok.

This will display the taskbar only on the primary monitor.

Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, May 8, 2021
  3. Erika Aro Win User
    Windows 10 can't detect my second monitor

Thank you for confirming. We can do the following:

When the second monitor is not detected, we need to isolate if it's the monitor, the cable connecting them, or the port. We suggest that you remove your 1st monitor, then use the 2nd monitor as your 1st monitor. After that, connect the 1st monitor as the
    2nd monitor.

Usually, this it's driver-related. Windows 10 won't be able to detect the 2nd monitor if the monitor driver is out of date or faulty. We recommend, rolling back to the previous installed graphics driver and monitor driver if it updated. Otherwise, update your
    graphics and monitor drivers on the Device Manager. To do so, follow the steps below:

• Type Device Manager in the Cortana search bar and press Enter.
    • When the Device Manager window appears, click the Display adapters and right-click the item below.
    • Select Properties, then Driver tab, and click Roll Back Driver and follow the on-screen instructions.
    • Expand the Monitors, then right-click the second monitor and select Properties.
    • Click the Driver tab, and click Roll Back Driver and follow the on-screen instructions.

If the issue persists, update the drivers. You can manually update the driver by visiting the websites of your graphics card and monitor manufacturers to get the fully compatible drivers for Windows 10. You can run the Find
    and fix problems with devices and hardware
    to automatically check for driver updates. Additionally, we'd like to know the make and model of your graphics cards and monitor?

Post back anytime at your convenience.

Erika Aro, May 8, 2021
  4. Dawn G. Win User

when I tab out of a game on my primary monitor so I can access my 2nd monitor, my second...

Dual monitor issue - every window on app on 2nd monitor opens on 1st monitor

Help! I am running 2 apps simultaneously, one on the primary monitor and one on the 2nd monitor. The app on the primary monitor is fine. The problem I'm having is that the app on the 2nd monitor does not work on there. It will not stay there or operate
    there. It opens on the primary monitor. That part is no big deal because I just drag it to the 2nd monitor. However, every time I click to view a new page, the new page opens on the primary monitor, completely blocking my view of the primary monitor. When
    the app is open on the 2nd monitor, why does each page click on it open up on the 2nd monitor? Why does it keep opening up on the primary monitor? It is very frustrating and counter productive to drag every single page/window back to the 2nd monitor. I
    might as well not have a 2nd monitor!! What can I do to keep this from happening? It completely negates having a 2nd monitor if each page click within the app won't stay there! Any help is welcome. I'm using Windows 10.

Dawn G., May 8, 2021
Thema:

1. when I tab out of a game on my primary monitor so I can access my 2nd monitor, my second... - Similar Threads - tab game primary

2. Applications on second monitor switch to primary monitor when monitor times out.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Applications on second monitor switch to primary monitor when monitor times out.: So basically ill have some applications open on my second monitor such as chrome, discord, spotify, and then my primary monitor will have something else such as a game.However when my monitor screens timeout after a certain amount of time without activity, upon moving my...
  3. Applications on second monitor switch to primary monitor when monitor times out.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Applications on second monitor switch to primary monitor when monitor times out.: So basically ill have some applications open on my second monitor such as chrome, discord, spotify, and then my primary monitor will have something else such as a game.However when my monitor screens timeout after a certain amount of time without activity, upon moving my...
  4. Applications on second monitor switch to primary monitor when monitor times out.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Can I use an external monitor as my primary monitor even when I restart my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I use an external monitor as my primary monitor even when I restart my laptop?: I have a lenovo ideapad 320, so it's a little bit old and the problem is its screen already has a crack on one corner. I can still use it and as a matter of fact, it's what I'm using while writing this question. I want to know if I can connect my laptop to an external monitor...
  6. Can I use an external monitor as my primary monitor even when I restart my laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I use an external monitor as my primary monitor even when I restart my laptop?: I have a lenovo ideapad 320, so it's a little bit old and the problem is its screen already has a crack on one corner. I can still use it and as a matter of fact, it's what I'm using while writing this question. I want to know if I can connect my laptop to an external monitor...
  7. Can I use an external monitor as my primary monitor even when I restart my laptop?

8. Problem with my right side monitor moving apps to the primary monitor when alt tabbing out...

Problem with my right side monitor moving apps to the primary monitor when alt tabbing out...: When I am playing a game full screen on my primary monitor4k, if I alt tab out of game, whatever is up on my 2nd monitor 1080p which is to the right of my primary, will switch to the primary screen. It is BEYOND annoying. It takes a couple of seconds for everything to resize...
  9. Can I use my laptop as a primary monitor for my desktop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I use my laptop as a primary monitor for my desktop?: Via hdmi submitted by /u/celestial_god [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l8fp1f/can_i_use_my_laptop_as_a_primary_monitor_for_my/
  10. Problem with my right side monitor moving apps to the primary monitor when alt tabbing out...

Problem with my right side monitor moving apps to the primary monitor when alt tabbing out...: As the heading says, when i am playing a game fullscreen on my middle primary monitor, if i alt tab out of game, whatever is up on my 3rd monitor which is to the right of my primary, will switch to the primary screen, i cant seem to find a solution to this problem other then...