Windows 10: when i test speakers they test as working. but mic does not - i get nothing

Discus and support when i test speakers they test as working. but mic does not - i get nothing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; when i test speakers they test as working. but mic does not - i get nothing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JoanBallou, Apr 12, 2020.

1. when i test speakers they test as working. but mic does not - i get nothing

when i test speakers they test as working. but mic does not - i get nothing

:)

JoanBallou, Apr 12, 2020
  2. LuckAl Win User

Bluetooth speaker with mic - mic not working when connected on Win10

Hi all,

We have bought a speaker for our office to use in conferences.

The bluetooth speaker has a microphone, and works fine (both mic and speaker) when connected to a smartphone.

The problem appears when we connect it to a laptop. Although it appears in the bluetooth settings menu with as a Headset with a headset icon, and when connected it shows: "Connected voice, music", the microphone
    of the speaker doesn't work.

In the Sound Settings, the speaker is selected both in Output and Input, but when testing, no sound is recorded, even though the speaker works (you can hear sound through it).

• All bluetooth drivers have been reinstalled and are up to date

• We have run the Troubleshoot unsuccessfully, getting the following response: “Troubleshooting couldn’t identify the problem”.

Under Device properties > Properties > Details > Device Description is listed as
    Bluetooth Hands-Free.

Is there anything else we can do at this point? This has been tested on 2 computers.

Is this an issue with Windows 10 and Bluetooth speakers with microphones?

Many thanks for any help!

LuckAl, Apr 12, 2020
  3. Headset and Mic are recognized as speakers... I need them to work.

So my Headset works I have tested it multiple times but the problem is, that when I go into sound and disable speakers my headphones disable too.

My mic on the headset also doesn't work when I plug it in, it doesn't recognize it. It just automatically switches to the laptops built in mic, and I have tested 3 different mics and they all worked on my Xbox One controller, my Iphone, and my Nintendo switch.
    Whenever I plug it in, once again, it's not its own standalone device it just recognizes, and bear with me, as the speakers... ANY HELP! PLEASE?!?

ColinKroener, Apr 12, 2020
  4. when i test speakers they test as working. but mic does not - i get nothing

Rear and center speaker not working during test

My rear and Center speaker (Logitech z906) wont work during test, I know they physically work since I'm able to connect my speakers to my phone using my aux cable and they all work well, but when I plug my speaker to my sound card (Asus Xonar U5) using
    the green, orange and black cables and try to configure them to 5.1 only the front speaker will play. I updated my drivers but still won't work

AnibalAudon, Apr 12, 2020
Thema:

when i test speakers they test as working. but mic does not - i get nothing

1. when i test speakers they test as working. but mic does not - i get nothing - Similar Threads - test speakers test

2. Why does the Troubleshoot button under 'Test your microphone' only test the speaker?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why does the Troubleshoot button under 'Test your microphone' only test the speaker?: Hi,I can't get my microphone to work. I've tried both using the shared Mic/Speaker jack, and plugging in a speaker separately from the microphone.Troubleshooting the mic is worthless ; the only thing the 'quick scan' does is play a tone. I don't have a problem with the...
  3. Why does the Troubleshoot button under 'Test your microphone' only test the speaker?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does the Troubleshoot button under 'Test your microphone' only test the speaker?: Hi,I can't get my microphone to work. I've tried both using the shared Mic/Speaker jack, and plugging in a speaker separately from the microphone.Troubleshooting the mic is worthless ; the only thing the 'quick scan' does is play a tone. I don't have a problem with the...
  4. Why does the Troubleshoot button under 'Test your microphone' only test the speaker?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Subwoofer is not used, it works only when I test it.

Subwoofer is not used, it works only when I test it.: Hi, I have an ASUS tuf gaming plus and an 5.1 sound system. I plugged in center/subwoofer to the yellow, rear to black and the front speaker into the green. When I test the sound in the Realtek Audio Console, then everything is fine, so my subwoofer has sound. When I start...
  6. Mic test not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mic test not working: I just recently bought a new laptop and when I plug in my earphones, I hear normally but others cant hear me. The mic test doesn't work either and I've tried every suggestion I found online but nothing helped. Everything works fine when the earphones aren't plugged in and...
  7. When I run speaker test there is no sound. Troubleshooter says everything is working? Help

in Windows 10 Customization
    When I run speaker test there is no sound. Troubleshooter says everything is working? Help: I've been trying to get my speakers to work for days. All checks say everything is find except when I test them and there is no test sound. All the paths and recommended fixes on Windows support are nonsense they give instructions that don't do what they say they will like...
  8. Headset mic Test

Headset mic Test: I purchased a headset Frontech model no HF-3442 which has two pins one red and one is green when i insert both the pins I can hear the sounds from the computer but my mic of the headset is detected by the computer but when i speak anything it is not able to recognise...
  9. Microphone tests okay, but does not work.

Microphone tests okay, but does not work.: When I test my microphone using the settings in WIndows 10, the microphone shows recording levels. But when I attempt to use, it does not work. I could not get it to work in Cortana, Edge, or Chrome. Tried troubleshooting multiple times. I tried to manually load a...
  10. Compatibility mode test does nothing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Compatibility mode test does nothing: I have a brand new laptop with Windows 10 as I cannot update mine from windows 7 and i am hating it already! The layout is for children, random apps appear out of nowhere that are impossible to uninstall no option on right click, not showing in the list of apps or in...