Windows 10: When I tried to create a steam shortcut, all of the files went straight to the desktop....

Discus and support When I tried to create a steam shortcut, all of the files went straight to the desktop.... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/daddydabsalot [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/daddydabsalot, May 28, 2020.

1. When I tried to create a steam shortcut, all of the files went straight to the desktop....

/u/daddydabsalot, May 28, 2020
  2. Flava0ne Win User

Creating Shortcuts with Batch File

Tried both of the VB Scripts that you provided and adding the 9 switch to the batch file but neither was able to create a shortcut to my desktop.

Flava0ne, May 28, 2020
  3. Creating Shortcuts with Batch File

Hmm, I just tried it and it worked fine. Maybe try running the batch as administrator? Also, right click on the desktop after the shortcut is created and click Refresh.

If the file in the third parameter doesn't exist, it assumes the icon is in the application.

FordGT90Concept, May 28, 2020
  4. When I tried to create a steam shortcut, all of the files went straight to the desktop....

Can't delete Steam game shortcuts

Hi Johann

I tried running the Unlocker app,but my non working Steam desktop shortcut didn't come up in the list.

Any suggestions on what to try next?.

Thanks

Colin

Sudsy malone, May 28, 2020
Thema:

When I tried to create a steam shortcut, all of the files went straight to the desktop....

1. When I tried to create a steam shortcut, all of the files went straight to the desktop.... - Similar Threads - tried create steam

2. When I try to create a shortcut for a website, I get the shortcut but not the icon...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I try to create a shortcut for a website, I get the shortcut but not the icon...: When I try to create a shortcut for a website, I get the shortcut but not the icon associated with the website - it just gives me the Win EDGE logo....
  3. When I try to create a shortcut for a website, I get the shortcut but not the icon...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I try to create a shortcut for a website, I get the shortcut but not the icon...: When I try to create a shortcut for a website, I get the shortcut but not the icon associated with the website - it just gives me the Win EDGE logo....
  4. Is there a shortcut to create desktop shortcuts ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a shortcut to create desktop shortcuts ?: I'm working on a software to help blind people use computers, and I'm searching for a way for them to create desktop icons/shortcut to Web sites. Is there a way to do this only using the keyboard ? I tried using the Shift + F10, but this doesn't work if an icon is selected,...
  5. 0x8000ffff error when trying to create new desktop shortcut or folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0x8000ffff error when trying to create new desktop shortcut or folder: 0x8000ffff error when trying to create new desktop shortcut or folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/0x8000ffff-error-when-trying-to-create-new-desktop/748078ba-7b8b-4fc8-a804-664092863a33
  6. 0x8000ffff error when trying to create new desktop shortcut or folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    0x8000ffff error when trying to create new desktop shortcut or folder: 0x8000ffff error when trying to create new desktop shortcut or folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/0x8000ffff-error-when-trying-to-create-new-desktop/748078ba-7b8b-4fc8-a804-664092863a33
  7. 0x8000ffff error when trying to create new desktop shortcut or folder

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Creating a desktop shortcut

in Browsers and Email
    Creating a desktop shortcut: All I want to do is create a Desktop shortcut & icon for Microsoft Edge. Simple I thought, but I cannot do it. If I move an icon in the source folder, either an exe or lnk, to the Desktop it does not launch when clicked, or when I click open or run as Admin. Sometimes I cant...
  9. Problems when creating URL shortcuts on the desktop

in Browsers and Email
    Problems when creating URL shortcuts on the desktop: It has always been easy to create a shortcut to a URL on the Windows desktop using the following procedure: 1. Copy the URL from the browser address bar 2. Use the mouse context menu on the desktop 3. Choose New> Shortcut from the menu 4. Paste the URL into the field...
  10. Create Desktop Shortcut

in Browsers and Email
    Create Desktop Shortcut: O.k. I give up...can someone tell me how to create a desktop shortcut ? using Edge browser....also how do you move something from the favourites bar to the desktop?......it must be possible surely ?........Del. 73345